UM / FIU brawl

BuffaloBud

Based on the brawl during the UM / FIU game what penalties do you think are appropriate?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Based on the brawl during the UM / FIU game what penalties do you think are appropriate?

• Suspend players that can be properly identified for 1 game?
    • Suspend players that can be properly identified for rest of season?
    • Suspend both programs for the rest of the season?
    • Civil charges along with above?

I understand why people may have been horrified, but I thought that whole fight was AWESOME! I vote no sanctions!

Miami is pretty pathetic this year, and it just proves how sad they are that they thought FIU was worth fighting. The classy UMiami teams would've laughed off Florida International and saved their best stomps, punches, and helmet hammers for the Seminoles or Gators.

What is a one game suspension??

If the NCAA wants to avoid something like this in the future, it should suspend both prgrams for the season (not to mention when Coker gets the boot, it will be less likely that Schiano would go there).

Three players need to be booted from the team. The UM player who swung the helmet, the UM player who stomped on the FIU player (meriweather i think), and the FIU player who kicked the player on the ground.

806698[/snapback]

Meriweather would never be booted. He could shoot someone on the field, and not be booted.

I agree with Jay Mariotti...Between all of the players, the helmet swinging, the announcer approving of his former team whipping ass, and then the jumping around afterword by the Miami team like they were happy about it, they should both be given the death penalty for the rest of the year.

Meriweather would never be booted. He could shoot someone on the field, and not be booted.

806709[/snapback]

I know the college system all too well. He should get booted, but he wont. Since he's a top player, he'll get his 1 game suspension and that'll be all. I was hoping the ACC would levy some heavy fines and suspensions, but they wont. They suck enoguh this year, they wont make one of their supposed marquee teams even worse.