Brawl in Miami/FIU game...benches clear

Golden Wheels

:P:o;):(:D

Nice...make both teams forfeit their next game and make the U ineligible for a Bowl Game...body slams, cleat kicking, kicks to the head...WWE.....

Its just bull sh--....

How about showing just a smidgen of maturity and self control

What a joke. I'm not sure what's more pathetic: these comments by the jackass "U" announcer; or Coker's comments after the game:

"I think that it will affect the image of our program greatly, but in a positive way," Coker said. "I think that when they see the video and they see how it was handled they will be impressed with our players. This will not be a very big thing for the University of Miami. It was impressive in that it was handled very well."

Good riddance to this piece of garbage when he gets fired.

What a joke.  I'm not sure what's more pathetic:  these comments  by the jackass "U" announcer; or Coker's comments after the game:

Good riddance to this piece of garbage when he gets fired.

804254[/snapback]

Was he watching the same brawl I saw??? It looked like Miami Alum "The Rock" was facing off against Stone Cold Steve Austin in a no DQ hard core match...in fact it was better than any of the WCW/WWE/ECW stuff....Vince McMahon should be signing these guys since they all likely just lost their college eligibilty...He can have them on in a over the rope battle royal on Monday night...bring back the Hulkster (or has he already done that???)

You gotta love youtube by the way...

wut?

I think I missed something, as I don't understand your post at all.

804266[/snapback]

Did you ever see the movie Major League? I think the FIU and Miami players can now say they will play in the Florida Penal league next year...

I've got a bunch to catch up on lol

804424[/snapback]

BlueFire, I cannot flippin' believe that you have never seen "Major League".

As a native Clevelander and Tribe fan, I've seen it probably 80-85 times. That's likely many more times than anyone else on this board, but I see it gets high marks from everyone.

By the way, JoeF, love the "Florida Penal" line.

"Vaughn, a juvenile delinquent in the offseason, in his major league debut." :D

I don't think there's any doubt that there are clearly some lapses in sportsmanship, especially in Coral Gables, FL. But I think any bench clearing brawl is absolutely AWESOME!!! I love that schit.

That one dude who was swinging his helmet around was a maniac. My helmet would not have left my head if I was in that maylay.

Former Miami player Lamar Thomas lost his TV analyst job Monday over comments he made during a sideline-clearing brawl involving the Hurricanes and Florida International.

Comcast Sports SouthEast, a regional cable network that hired Thomas before the season, also decided to edit out his comments before the game is replayed later this week.

Thomas made his comments as dozens of Miami and FIU players stormed the Orange Bowl field and fought during the third quarter of their teams' game Saturday night, an incident that led to the suspension of at least 31 players and forced officials from both schools to publicly apologize for the melee.

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Thomas said as the brawl raged out of control. "You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don't come into the OB playing that stuff. You're across the ocean over there. You're across the city. You can't come over to our place talking noise like that. You'll get your butt beat. I was about to go down the elevator to get in that thing."

link

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.