I have a very bad feeling that when we play the

ACor58

a new Wide Receiver named Randy Moss.

The Raiders aren't going anywhere and Randy Moss doesn't want to be there. The Patriots already have an extra 1st round pick to burn with the Deion Branch trade. I see it happening and I don't like it. I HATE THE PATRIOTS!

803524[/snapback]

The patriots trade Deion Branch because they wont pay him big time money.

Patriots acquire Randy Moss

:huh:

The Raiders aren't going anywhere and Randy Moss doesn't want to be there. The Patriots already have an extra 1st round pick to burn with the Deion Branch trade. I see it happening and I don't like it. I HATE THE PATRIOTS!

803524[/snapback]

I think that bad feeling you have is just gas. :huh: Don't worry, it will pass -- just ease up on the Mighty Taco for a bit.

The Pats offered Branch the same money that the seahawks did. The Pats wanted Branch to finish out his rookie contract, which had just this year left. The seahawks were willing to pay him this year. the Pats were not going to do this. Remember Branch was still under contract, He was going to sit out the first 10 games then come back. The Pats then traded him for a first. I think that the David Givens signing is what caused Branch to balk. he saw a reciever who was no better than a #3 get 24 million or 4 million a year from TN. Givens had never played all 16 games because of injuries and he is injured now. This would be like Evans saying that he wanted to be the highest paid player now or he would sit out Branch , although good is not worth 39 million or 6 mill a year. He is only 5.9 and has had injuries. I know that if this happen to the Bills a lot of fans would be shouting pay the player even though it would cause problems later on. let's see what Willis does if he has another great year. he may do what Branch did.

Probably not Randy Moss, but don't be surprised if Troy Vincent lines up at corner or safety for them.

803541[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. Bellichek does not like headache me firsts like Moss, but a company man like Vincent probably beats having Troy Brown fill in in the secondary.

803524[/snapback]

Having read the book Patriot Reign, I really don't see Belichick trading for Moss. The Patriots won three Super Bowls by using a specific philosophy; where they'd look at a player's character, his mental toughness, and his willingness to work through adversity. They were more interested in these traits than they were in his athletic potential.

Corey Dillon may have said a few negative things about the Bengals organization, but I've never heard anyone question his work ethic or desire. He showed up to play every Sunday, and didn't coast just because the team was doing poorly.

In contrast, Randy Moss once said, "I only play when I feel like it." He was later asked to clarify this comment, and it turns out he meant exactly what he'd said. Maybe he's matured, maybe he's more reliable and predictable than he used to be, but I don't see him fitting the Patriots' philosophy. Were the Patriots to trade for him, they'd be abandoning the approach that got them those three Super Bowl rings. Belichick is probably smart enough to avoid this particular error. Unfortunately, he's also probably smart enough to figure out how to beat the Bills the next time the two teams play.

Probably not Randy Moss, but don't be surprised if Troy Vincent lines up at corner or safety for them.

803541[/snapback]

I don't know that Vincent is better than what NE has already at this point. That's not to say their corners and free safety are that great, but Vincent has slipped a lot. He's not that fast any more and he's tentative, missing tackles. Plus he's not in playing shape. If NE did sign him, I doubt he'd take the field in the Bills game. Of course, Belichick is not above signing the guy just to pick his brain regarding the Bills defense. He probably already as Bills offensive and special team play books in his library courtesy Jonathon Smith.