Chances of TV coming back to coach

Maybe he will go to the Dolphins where the Bills can exploit his lack of speed and quickness.

He's 35 years old and injury prone.

803324[/snapback]

Thank you, I have the same feelings. Ole Troy should be on his knees thanking the lord he wasn't cut in training camp, with no guaranteed money.

I am 100% convinced that if he was not injured, he would have been cut anyway. I think Marv worked this with as much class and respect for a 13 year vet as he could. The Bills only mistake in handling this was not to cut him LAST year in Training camp.

I am not blasting TV the person, only TV the player. Every player that makes the pros has to have a pretty healthy ego, and never wants to be told he's done.

I would be shocked if anyone picks him up unless they get completely decimated in the secondary.

803379[/snapback]

Whaaa TV, You get 2.6mil guaranteed from the Bills for playing in a couple plays week one. At your age you should be glad you got anything to play as long as you did this year. Now you got what you wanted, a release, and can go to whatever team that will sign you and collect more money.

I wouldn't be complaining if I was cut and still got to make 2.6mil this year. Heck, given me 10% of that and I'll step on the field and last about as long as TV did this season

803398[/snapback]

Boy you all have short memories. This is the man who had 66 tackles and a team high 4 interceptions with 4 pass deflections and a forced fumble last year. Not to mention he played every game last year. Not to bad for being "injury prone" ... I would hate to be a player and have to play for the Bills. The fans are ridiculous, and have absolutely zero memory. He could have won us the SB and as soon as he misses a tackle a year later, the fans would be calling for his head. :doh:

I would be equally shocked if he is not signed somewhere, by someone in the next few weeks.  Remember, everyone thought Rod Woodson was washed up when the Steelers let him go, and then he went on to be a fairly productive player, on a Super Bowl team.  TV's starting days may be behind him, but he can still contribute some quality depth, to a team with more developed talent than the Bills have.  With the Bills paying him a nice salary for nothing, he will likely sign for little to play for a contender.

803475[/snapback]

You guys are equally kidding yourself to believe that he is not still a starter in this league somewhere.

Boy you all have short memories. This is the man who had 66 tackles and a team high 4 interceptions with 4 pass deflections and a forced fumble last year. Not to mention he played every game last year. Not to bad for being "injury prone" ... I would hate to be a player and have to play for the Bills. The fans are ridiculous, and have absolutely zero memory. He could have won us the SB and as soon as he misses a tackle a year later, the fans would be calling for his head.  :doh:

803490[/snapback]

He was hurt early last year, I think in game two but it might have been game one. He was absolutely terrible when he was hurt as he couldn't make a tackle, even though he played in the games. I also think he had two injuries, one to his leg and one to his hand. To say he played in 16 games so he wasn't hurt, or hasn't been injury prone since he got here is a gross exaggeration. He played good in game one where he had two INTs, and then had two more the rest of the year. His tackling was bad even though he made a number of them as RBs and WRs would drag him along for 3-4 yards after the initial hit. Statistically, TV had a decent year last year. On the field he was just plain bad.

Someone would likely pick him up, but it may be as a back-up. The 49ers want to sign him and play him as a nickel back.

He was hurt early last year, I think in game two but it might have been game one. He was absolutely terrible when he was hurt as he couldn't make a tackle, even though he played in the games. I also think he had two injuries, one to his leg and one to his hand. To say he played in 16 games so he wasn't hurt, or hasn't been injury prone since he got here is a gross exaggeration. He played good in game one where he had two INTs, and then had two more the rest of the year. His tackling was bad even though he made a number of them as RBs and WRs would drag him along for 3-4 yards after the initial hit. Statistically, TV had a decent year last year. On the field he was just plain bad.

Someone would likely pick him up, but it may be as a back-up. The 49ers want to sign him and play him as a nickel back.

803500[/snapback]

He may have tweaked his hand or leg (although I think the leg thing was 2004) ... but if your HURT your out of the game. He played.

Again. You are kidding yourself if you think that someone is not going to sign him and start him as soon as he learns the system. He is still a legit starter in this league and you will see that soon enough.

He may have tweaked his hand or leg (although I think the leg thing was 2004) ... but if your HURT your out of the game. He played.

Again. You are kidding yourself if you think that someone is not going to sign him and start him as soon as he learns the system. He is still a legit starter in this league and you will see that soon enough.

803503[/snapback]

allright, i am willing to have a friendly wager that TV is not signed, unless it is by a team that is decimated by injuries(do not know how to qualify that though).

BTW, I have been preaching for two years that TV should be cut. I think he had a lousy season last year, and it just looked to me like he was trying to protect himself, or had become a little gun shy, in run support. The man just flat out missed to many tackles to be a player anymore, and to me in that position you need guys who can make plays in the running D.

Like I said, I have screaming for TV to be cut for TWO years, but I respect him as a person.

allright, i am willing to have a friendly wager that TV is not signed, unless it is by a team that is decimated by injuries(do not know how to qualify that though).

BTW, I have been preaching for two years that TV should be cut. I think he had a lousy season last year, and it just looked to me like he was trying to protect himself, or had become a little gun shy, in run support.  The man just flat out missed to many tackles to be a player anymore, and to me in that position you need guys who can make plays in the running D.

Like I said, I have screaming for TV to be cut for TWO years, but I respect him as a person.

803509[/snapback]

You got it man. I bet TV is signed by week 8.

You guys are equally kidding yourself to believe that he is not still a starter in this league somewhere.

803492[/snapback]

I might agree with you, if it wasn't so late in the season. Most teams have their starters set by now. Maybe not. Either way, I do agree with you that he will be playing somewhere within a week or two, and contributing. Depsite all of the whining so many here did about him, the guy still has a feel for the interception. I also happen to think his speed is not nearly as bad as some are making it out to be. I wonder, when he signs somewhere else, if he doesn't go back to playing the corner, a position he seems better suited for. I think the change to safety (a positon that requires more reaction) negated some of his speed.

I would be shocked if anyone picks him up unless they get completely decimated in the secondary.

803379[/snapback]

I would be shocked if someone doesn't pick him up. He already has his pay from Buffalo and i definately see him willing to play on the cheap for a team w/ a good shot at the playoffs and SB.

I'm in bro, lets make it a $10 starbucks card? Good with you?

803555[/snapback]

Not sure if this is good or bad news for you. He's off to a good start, the worst team in the league wants him in to be a back-up.

49ers | Team hopes to sign T. Vincent

Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:11:53 -0700

Matt Maiocco, of the Santa Rosa Press Democrat, reports the San Francisco 49ers are hoping to sign free agent S Troy Vincent (Bills). It is believed the team views Vincent as a free safety capable of helping the team's nickel defense.

Not sure if this is good or bad news for you. He's off to a good start, the worst team in the league wants him in to be a back-up.

803572[/snapback]

Dam dam, dam dam dam!!!!!!!!!!!

:doh:

Okay he hasn't accepted yet so i get to pull back :P Nah we still on

1. Where in that quote did it say backup?

2. Oakland is the worst team in the league.

803626[/snapback]

Nickel defense implies back-up. The fifth guy. The 49ers already have a young free safety in Mike Adams that they like they tried to sign to a contract extension but he turned them down. He doesn't look to be a stud, but I very much doubt they would bench him to insert 35 year-old Troy Vincent and then automatically lose Adams next year to free agency. They were the worst team in the league pretty much the last 3-4 years and they stink now, too. It's arguable who is the worst team right now, and yes, they are not playing the worst right now but it's a long season. I doubt they sign him anyway, as he is going to want to play on a team that is going places.

Nickel defense implies back-up. The fifth guy. The 49ers already have a young free safety in Mike Adams that they like they tried to sign to a contract extension but he turned them down. He doesn't look to be a stud, but I very much doubt they would bench him to insert 35 year-old Troy Vincent and then automatically lose Adams next year to free agency. They were the worst team in the league pretty much the last 3-4 years and they stink now, too. It's arguable who is the worst team right now, and yes, they are not playing the worst right now but it's a long season. I doubt they sign him anyway, as he is going to want to play on a team that is going places.

803645[/snapback]

I guess I dont understand nickel defense ... stupid me :huh:

I doubt they sign him anyway, as he is going to want to play on a team that is going places.

803645[/snapback]

I agree, but then again, I thought the same thing about Eric Moulds! :huh:

BTW- I am not sure that it is fair to call the 49'ers the "worst team in football" anymore...maybe Oakland or Houston? I am getting the feeling the 49'ers are doing some things right.