Will McCargo return by end of year?

Anyone's guess as to how long McCargo could be out? I'm thinking he might be a candidate for the IR list and that would really be a bummer for our DT rotation.

Doesn't these injuries (especially to big lineman) take AT LEAST two-three months to recover from? At least it looks like we're getting TAKEO back! :lol:

I'm still unsure why the heck we released Rashard Baker when Injury Prone Matt (BROKEN GLASS) Bowen can never stay healthy enough to see the field regardless of what team he plays for. Baker actually played really good when he was in there last year and I gotta believe he is better then Bowen.

Baker actually played really good when he was in there last year and I gotta believe he is better then Bowen.

801705[/snapback]

I like Baker, but I have my doubts about him being better than a healthy Bowen. The overall impression that I have of Bowen is that he is everything that Coy Wire was supposed to be, but isn't.

Anyone's guess as to how long McCargo could be out?  I'm thinking he might be a candidate for the IR list and that would really be a bummer for our DT rotation.

Doesn't these injuries (especially to big lineman) take AT LEAST  two-three months to recover from?  At least it looks like we're getting TAKEO back!  :lol:

I'm still unsure why the heck we released Rashard Baker when Injury Prone Matt (BROKEN GLASS) Bowen can never stay healthy enough to see the field regardless of what team he plays for.  Baker actually played really good when he was in there last year and I gotta believe he is better then Bowen.

801705[/snapback]

I think it is not unreasonable to figure McCargo as being done as a contributor the Bills this year. The good news is that it sounds like though this is a serious problem (anything that requires suegery to fix it with an indefinite recovery time is serious IMHO) it sounds like he can make a full recovery from this injury at some point.

However, when one factors in that he is a rookie who is still learning the game who at best was holding his own as a plsyer and was not a dominating factor, what this injury will cost him is intensive playing time he could use to get better.

It appears that evem if his recovery went well and he and the trainers put the pedal to the metal and rushed him back ASAP, the season would be well into the second half before he could conceivably contribute.

I hope he does come back to play this year, but I hope this for his development as a player and not for any particular team need.

Isn't this the same kind of injury that Jevon Kearse suffered about 4 years ago? He's never been the same player since. I hope this isn't the same scenario playing out for us with McCargo. A year or so from now we'll be hearing about how the Bills blew it to trade up for a guy like McCargo when such and such was still on the board. I can hear it already.

I'm guessing McCargo would miss at least eight games. Doing the math, that would mean he's back for three games. I really don't think it's worth saving a roster spot for him for 3 lousy games. I'd put him on IR in a minute.

I think it is not unreasonable to figure McCargo as being done as a contributor the Bills this year.  The good news is that it sounds like though this is a serious problem (anything that requires suegery to fix it with an indefinite recovery time is serious IMHO) it sounds like he can make a full recovery from this injury at some point.

However, when one factors in that he is a rookie who is still learning the game who at best was holding his own as a plsyer and was not a dominating factor, what this injury will cost him is intensive playing time he could use to get better.

It appears that evem if his recovery went well and he and the trainers put the pedal to the metal and rushed him back ASAP, the season would be well into the second half before he could conceivably contribute.

I hope he does come back to play this year, but I hope this for his development as a player and not for any particular team need.

801745[/snapback]

It all depends on what bone was broken and the severity of the fracture.

I once broke my 5th metatarcil bone(called a Jones Fracture).I didn't need surgury,but I had to be on crutches for THREE months,It took a long time to heal because the fracture site does not get good blood flow.This was the same injury suufered by Micheal Bennett when he was with the Vikings.Sad to say,but it also ended the career of Bill Walton

Isn't this the same kind of injury that Jevon Kearse suffered about 4 years ago? He's never been the same player since. I hope this isn't the same scenario playing out for us with McCargo. A year or so from now we'll be hearing about how the Bills blew it to trade up for a guy like McCargo when such and such was still on the board. I can hear it already.

801792[/snapback]

Jevon Kearse had one good season and everybody thought he was going to be a Hall of Fame caliber player. They saw him play Rob Johnson and thought, my god, we know he has to be good he sacked Rob Johnson two times in one game.

JK=Over rated.