If you were the owner what upgrades would you ...

... make to the current Ralph Wilson Stadium? This is all hypothetical and give your opinion with MONEY ASIDE:

I would literally widen the upper deck to bend around the endzone (until it connects with the scoreboard) and it barely overshadows the current suites and is above the rockpile ... also widen the upper decks to extend over the Choice ONE and M@T bank suites and price those realllllll cheap (this will help those fans who cant afford tickets and just want to bring their kid to a game)

Once I widened out the upper decks, I would take out the bleachers and put in seats ... seats take more room and thus the overall capacity would not raise too much by extending the upper decks.

I would then rip that horrid scoreboard down and put up an entire new one (same size and same place) that is high tech, HD, and all that jazz. I would also rip the ADS down from above the suites in the tunnel end of the stadium (where the Andre Reed sign was put) and put up another scoreboard the length of the entire AD that is currently their (think the size of the current Eagles scoreboard).

Fix the friggin bathrooms ... I dont know how they want to do this, but whatever is fine with me. Just fix it.

Break up the lower bowl sections into smaller sections so its easier to get in and out of (I will honestly not buy food even if Im hungry if I have to climb over a ton of people) ... Just imagine this in your head. Imagine the lower bowl and then cut the lower bowl sections across in a horizontal pattern, creating a walkway between the top lower bowl sections and the bottom lowerbowl sections. Hope that makes sense. Notice how the architects of Invesco field created it so the sections in the lower bowl are broken apart http://www.seatdata.com/images/venue_inves...ples/sample.jpg

Widen Abbot road by about 2 lanes (i dont care, buy and rip out the houses or something) ...

Few other little optional ideas:

More firework stations (along the top of the upper decks ... other stadiums have some pretty awesome fireworks when they score.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than improve it, I ould abandon it because I think I cam get a better deal from the state if I float a proposal for the state to issue a bond to build a new stadium located in downtown Buffalo.

The NYJ proposal failed in part because voters in WNY saw nothing in it for them, a bond issue if subjected to referendum would have a lot of support out here as even those who have more interest in the Philharmonic than football should support downstate where the revenues are generated byy the far greater population and Wall Steet up this way.

A vote downstate is going to be a close thing, but if they sell this as when WNY gets there's it will lay the groundwork for downstate to get there's those who support the Manhattan deal or some other stadium will be saleable in campaign which has support from the major political players.

I think that WNY would be able to secure a situation where the Bills agree and in fact want to stay in a new stadium for the forseeable future rather than us having to cut some shorter team deal with a buyout in case Ralph gets called home if we simply redo the last deal but add new improvements to the current stadium.

I'd definitely add seat capacity but then get rid of the bleachers as Daq suggested, actual seats are much nicer than the lousy bleachers.

I'd fix the drainage problem. There always seems to be water in that place. Could be all the drunken fans piss though I guess.

Add some lights in the tunnels behind the seats. It's like a dungeon in there.

Fix the lousy scoreboard and have another scoreboard that shows running totals of the other scores.

Pay some money to develop seats that force all fans to stand up on 3rd downs when the Bills are on defense, I mean WTF? I'm the only person in my section who stands up on 3rd downs and I'm just waiting for someone to hit me with a brick or something becuase I actually cheer for the team.

OK this is fun:

First up I would rip out the bleachers and add plastic seats in ever section. Those damn aluminium bleachers freeze your ass in December.

I'd also knock down the 300 level and start again:

Leave the 100 as is.

200 level, leave as is, but replace the Press Box and owners suites with a smaller owners suite/visiting team suite and use the remaining space for more luxury suites/premium seating (We're gonna need to finance this damn thing after all - and the new emerging economy in Buffalo/WNY can probably absorb this).

300 level, replace the current banked seating that is open to the elements with a partially covered banked seating section than circles the entire bowl. The banking would stay as is, but like another post, would fill in the gaps where they currently lie. At the base of the 300 level I would install a full HD ticker style scoreboard for all of the out of town scores, stat highlights, traffic news, etc. Behind each set of goal posts, taking up the top 3rd of the 300 level, I would install 2 state of the art HD jumbotrons, 16:9 ratio. Above the stands I would upgrade the floodlights, with easier access from the top of each stand for maintenance. The bigger changes would be behind/underneath the 300 level...

I would add more access to the 300 level with escalators, lifts and more stairs. I would also enclose all of the outside of the stadium inside an outer shell to contain all of the concessions and facilities, expanding the current corridors by about 400% and adding more space for concession stands, toilet facilities and hanging out. Inside this new outer shell building, I would have internet terminals, TVs every 5 yards (showing the game inside and all other NFL games) and a better range of food stalls - focusing on traditional Buffalo foods (Beef on Weck would be the signature dish, but Wings would be a close second - just a matter of how easy they are to eat!). I would also include an option for baguettes, sandwiches and paninis, fruit, juices, etc... I would make the bar areas bigger, but also enclosed, so it it not a free for all in the main gangways for beer. In the family section end fo the stadium there would be no bars. I would also make the new outer shell building two levels, so the lower level would serve the 100, 200 levels, and the upper level serving the 200, 300 levels. There would be a replication of the existing Bills store at the opposite end to the tunnel endzone, taking up the lower level of the outer shell.

I would also enhance the media facilities in the tunnel endzone - but starting with a press box below the jumbotron at that end. This would have desks with IDSN and ADSL lines at every workstation, a dedicated TV broadcast booth, with studio facilities and a backroom studio/edit suite function - bringing the TV team in from the trucks outside. The press box would also have a dedicated kitchen, to feed the press at halftime. There would be a dedicated elevator block down to the locker room area where there would be an improved media briefing room created, also with broadcast facilities built in, but also with seating and heating, to make the post-game interviews a little easier and more orderly. I would also widen the tunnel into the stadium to allow opposing buses to drive into the stadium and allow the visiting players off and into the locker rooms. The locker rooms would be expanded and improved. There would be a dedicated road created to the rear of the Fieldhouse and down to Big Tree for the Buses and players to enter/leave by.

I would scrap Lot 1, Sienna, Tacoma, 4-runner, Fieldhouse and Matrix lots and replace with some landscaping, open and wide pathways laid with walk of fame bricks to the entraces. I would make a feature of the walkway between the stadium and the fieldhouse to increase football to the fieldhouse and Store. The land to the East of the stadium would be bought up to create the atlernative lot space. I would make Big Tree a 6 lane road from the I90 to the 219 and do the sam with Southwestern, but I would regulate traffic on gameday, so the middle lanes were for thru-traffic only. Southern lot users would be forced to use Big Tree, Northern lots Southwestern, with no access to either road other than the 90 or 219 on gameday...

Oh and I also would create a dedicated outdoor practise field, to replace the grass field to the North of the stadium, with the same surface as the fieldhouse and stadium for use in Kids events, falg tourneys, etc. But I would also have a dedicated grass field for practises leading up to games against grass-teams...

Finally- I would also create a timetravel device/transporter to allow fans from, say, London England to get to games each and every Sunday. :lol:

I would figure out some way of wideing the corridors. That's one thing I noticed going to Miami and Cincy is with wide corridors, it's seems easier to get around.

Different/more food choices

Retractable roof, it would not be a true dome though, I would not fill in/close up all the gaps on the sides. And the only time it would be closed on game day would be if there was a threat of lighting. That I believe is the one thing that can get a game cancelled/delayed because of player safety.

I would install a complimentary Jet shuttle program that could carry fans from Salem, OR to the Ralph, so that I could much easier attend the blasted sporting event!! ( Stewie Griffin inspired )

800461[/snapback]

forget that...what's going on in that avatar... :lol:

OK this is fun:

First up I would rip out the bleachers and add plastic seats in ever section.  Those damn aluminium bleachers freeze your ass in December.

I'd also knock down the 300 level and start again:

Leave the 100 as is.

200 level, leave as is, but replace the Press Box and owners suites with a smaller owners suite/visiting team suite and use the remaining space for more luxury suites/premium seating (We're gonna need to finance this damn thing after all - and the new emerging economy in Buffalo/WNY can probably absorb this).

300 level, replace the current banked seating that is open to the elements with a partially covered banked seating section than circles the entire bowl.  The banking would stay as is, but like another post, would fill in the gaps where they currently lie.  At the base of the 300 level I would install a full HD ticker style scoreboard for all of the out of town scores, stat highlights, traffic news, etc. Behind each set of goal posts, taking up the top 3rd of the 300 level, I would install 2 state of the art HD jumbotrons, 16:9 ratio.  Above the stands I would upgrade the floodlights, with easier access from the top of each stand for maintenance.  The bigger changes would be behind/underneath the 300 level...

I would add more access to the 300 level with escalators, lifts and more stairs.  I would also enclose all of the outside of the stadium inside an outer shell to contain all of the concessions and facilities, expanding the current corridors by about 400% and adding more space for concession stands, toilet facilities and hanging out.  Inside this new outer shell building, I would have internet terminals, TVs every 5 yards (showing the game inside and all other NFL games) and a better range of food stalls - focusing on traditional Buffalo foods (Beef on Weck would be the signature dish, but Wings would be a close second - just a matter of how easy they are to eat!).  I would also include an option for baguettes, sandwiches and paninis, fruit, juices, etc...  I would make the bar areas bigger, but also enclosed, so it it not a free for all in the main gangways for beer.  In the family section end fo the stadium there would be no bars.  I would also make the new outer shell building two levels, so the lower level would serve the 100, 200 levels, and the upper level serving the 200, 300 levels.  There would be a replication of the existing Bills store at the opposite end to the tunnel endzone, taking up the lower level of the outer shell.

I would also enhance the media facilities in the tunnel endzone - but starting with a press box below the jumbotron at that end.  This would have desks with IDSN and ADSL lines at every workstation, a dedicated TV broadcast booth, with studio facilities and a backroom studio/edit suite function - bringing the TV team in from the trucks outside.  The press box would also have a dedicated kitchen, to feed the press at halftime.  There would be a dedicated elevator block down to the locker room area where there would be an improved media briefing room created, also with broadcast facilities built in, but also with seating and heating, to make the post-game interviews a little easier and more orderly.  I would also widen the tunnel into the stadium to allow opposing buses to drive into the stadium and allow the visiting players off and into the locker rooms.  The locker rooms would be expanded and improved.  There would be a dedicated road created to the rear of the Fieldhouse and down to Big Tree for the Buses and players to enter/leave by.

I would scrap Lot 1, Sienna, Tacoma, 4-runner, Fieldhouse and Matrix  lots and replace with some landscaping, open and wide pathways laid with walk of fame bricks to the entraces. I would make a feature of the walkway between the stadium and the fieldhouse to increase football to the fieldhouse and Store. The land to the East of the stadium would be bought up to create the atlernative lot space.  I would make Big Tree a 6 lane road from the I90 to the 219 and do the sam with Southwestern, but I would regulate traffic on gameday, so the middle lanes were for thru-traffic only.  Southern lot users would be forced to use Big Tree, Northern lots Southwestern, with no access to either road other than the 90 or 219 on gameday...

Oh and I also would create a dedicated outdoor practise field, to replace the grass field to the North of the stadium, with the same surface as the fieldhouse and stadium for use in Kids events, falg tourneys, etc.  But I would also have a dedicated grass field for practises leading up to games against grass-teams...

Finally- I would also create a timetravel device/transporter to allow fans from, say, London England to get to games each and every Sunday. :w00t:

800482[/snapback]

You just spent about 1.5 BILLION DOLLARS on an old out dated stadium for 8 football games......couldn't you have just said builld a new one downtown or out in lancaster like it was supposed to be in the first place......... :lol: Hey maybe you should run for public office in WNY you'd fit right in. ;)

Rather than improve it, I ould abandon it because I think I cam get a better deal from the state if I float a proposal for the state to issue a bond to build a new stadium located in downtown Buffalo.

The NYJ proposal failed in part because voters in WNY saw nothing in it for them, a bond issue if subjected to referendum would have a lot of support out here as even those who have more interest in the Philharmonic than football should support downstate where the revenues are generated byy the far greater population and Wall Steet up this way.

A vote downstate is going to be a close thing, but if they sell this as when WNY gets there's it will lay the groundwork for downstate to get there's those who support the Manhattan deal or some other stadium will be saleable in campaign which has support from the major political players.

I think that WNY would be able to secure a situation where the Bills agree and in fact want to stay in a new stadium for the forseeable future rather than us having to cut some shorter team deal with a buyout in case Ralph gets called home if we simply redo the last deal but add new improvements to the current stadium.

800465[/snapback]

I agree build a downtown stadium with ample parking, hotels, eating establishments and shuttle lots that allow for people coming from South, North and east of the stadium. make sure ya consider that prior to game ya need to shuttle all traffic toward stadium and after game away from the satdium. Make it a retractable dome so ya can bid for the superbowl in 2011 or beyond.

i am a little suprised at the support for building something downtown.

do you really think for 8 - 12 games a year it will make that much of an impact?

i am not against it, just trying to get your point of view.