Gloom and Doom!

JM57

Guys. Let's just lay the truth out there.

Chicago is a playoff team. They were a playoff team last year with KYLE ORTON as their QB for most of the season. Their true QB (Grossman) is back and in good form this year.

We are not a playoff team. We might have a decent season, but we still have positions to upgrade and experience to gain.

We, an average NFL team, got beat handily by one of the best teams in the league.

JP got swarmed by an aggressive D.

Willis got stuffed by an aggressive D.

Our run D got ripped up again.

All things that are:

A) Not surprising

B) Repeat occurences

C) Occurences on a young football team

It's going to happen. Whether you like to admit it or not, we're "rebuilding".

Relax. Take a deep breath. I'm surprised Buffalo isn't the most depressed city/ Heart Attack Capital of the World with the attitude you all have.

Guys. Let's just lay the truth out there.

Chicago is a playoff team. They were a playoff team last year with KYLE ORTON as their QB for most of the season. Their true QB (Grossman) is back and in good form this year.

We are not a playoff team. We might have a decent season, but we still have positions to upgrade and experience to gain.

We, an average NFL team, got beat handily by one of the best teams in the league.

JP got swarmed by an aggressive D.

Willis got stuffed by an aggressive D.

Our run D got ripped up again.

All things that are:

A) Not surprising

B) Repeat occurences

C) Occurences on a young football team

It's going to happen. Whether you like to admit it or not, we're "rebuilding".

Relax. Take a deep breath. I'm surprised Buffalo isn't the most depressed city/ Heart Attack Capital of the World with the attitude you all have.

799405[/snapback]

Good post! Just give these guys a few years and they'll be a pretty good team. :D

799405[/snapback]

Reading other threads, I haven't noticed anybody being overly negative about this game. Most of the intelligent people on the board were expecting a loss going in, and would have been pleasently surprised by an upset win. No post I've read looked at this game and (without sarcasm) said 'thats it, we suck, get a new quarterback, running back, GM and head coach' or anything to that effect. The general attitude on TSW seems to be that we lost on the road to a better team, and being a young team we'll learn and get better. Maybe you can point me to the posts or threads you're referring to?