DJ and the dumb calls.

Rayzer32

Rayzer ... its not just you, but I think that no matter what happens someone is going to blame Jauron ... and Jauron seems to be the best coach we have had since Marv

799047[/snapback]

I like DJ as well, but let's just play football and give these guys some confidence. That was an early time in the game to take the wind out of the sails IMO.

Right, ok.

799046[/snapback]

You're telling me you sit there watching a game and are surprised when there is an onside kick? You must be kidding. Onside kicks are practiced much more regularly than trick plays.

You're telling me you sit there watching a game and are surprised when there is an onside kick?  You must be kidding.  Onside kicks are practiced much more regularly than trick plays.

799053[/snapback]

No, no I'm not kidding. You're making a ridiculous argument that would never be made outside of the face-saving backpedalling world that is the internet.

No, no I'm not kidding.  You're making a ridiculous argument that would never be made outside of the face-saving backpedalling world that is the internet.

799074[/snapback]

Ok tough guy. I'll have this argument anywhere you want me too. Idiot. It's an opinionated board. These things happen on here whether you agree or not.

Actually, IMO that fake punt was the best call of the entire game, and the evidence was the 59:30 of the rest of the game. The only way the Bills were ever going to win this game was to convert plays like that. They are not yet in the Bears league. They were on the road against the hottest team in the league. Does anyone anywhere think that if they just punted the Bears would not have blown us out? That was a GREAT call, and it just didn't work because the players blew it not the coaches. It was one of the only ways the Bills could have won this game.

Actually, IMO that fake punt was the best call of the entire game, and the evidence was the 59:30 of the rest of the game. The only way the Bills were ever going to win this game was to convert plays like that. They are not yet in the Bears league. They were on the road against the hottest team in the league. Does anyone anywhere think that if they just punted the Bears would not have blown us out? That was a GREAT call, and it just didn't work because the players blew it not the coaches. It was one of the only ways the Bills could have won this game.

799088[/snapback]

Agreed.

799088[/snapback]

I agree. It's not really a trick play though because they practiced it.

799088[/snapback]

If it works it's a great call. Apparently though it wasn't a planned, it was a broken play. We may never know what happened.

I agree.  It's not really a trick play though because they practiced it.

799090[/snapback]

I take it you failed reading comprehension in school? Try reading my points over again because you are WAY off line.

You're telling me you sit there watching a game and are surprised when there is an onside kick?  You must be kidding.  Onside kicks are practiced much more regularly than trick plays.

799053[/snapback]

So when we got that onside kick against Minnesota, the one that was waved off by that fair catch penalty, you weren't surprised? Knew that was coming, did you?

A play is a play. Execute it.

What a series though... 2nd and one on the Bear 42... a throwaway bomb that surprises nobody... Willis for no gain... Shelton moves early ... a fake punt ?

Felt to me then like a gambler throwing good money after bad. In retrospect, kudos to Jauron for goosing a team that probably needed it. For a supposedly conservative guy with an anti-turnover fetish, that was quite a call.