90 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most sought after trophy

• Lombardi Trophy
    • Stanley Cup
    • World Series Trophy
    • NBA Championship Trophy
    • Olympic Gold Medal
    • Kentucky Derby Horse Shoe

There's absolutely no question what the most coveted trophy in all of sports is - it's the World Cup. If you're limiting the poll to America, it's not a cut and dried, but I'd have to go with the Lombardi.

Futbal is the beautiful game!!!!!!  :lol:

797802[/snapback]

I agree, that the world cup is the most coveted trophy in Sports, with Gold medals probably at number 2. There are more kids worldwide that dream about being on the podium, and receiving a gold medal while their national anthem is playing. Hell, my old roommate talked about as a kid how he wanted to get a gold and do the black panther salute. I would hazard a guess that the stanley cup would be #3 just because of how personal it is.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, obviously if you're asking a city with a pro football team and pro hockey team you'll get biased answers. Results would vary if you polled people in Florida or Georgia, for example.

797800[/snapback]

Add to that the fact the question's being asked on a football board.

This was a question that i thought of when some guy in the paper today called the Stanley Cup sports most sought after prize.

Which one is the most covitted in sports? If there is another, which do you think it is?

Post comments below.

797505[/snapback]

It depends solely on which game you play. I don't think Jeremy Roenik wants to win the Lombardi Trophy and I don't think Tom Brady would want to win the Stanley Cup.

In terms of difficulty... I'd say the Stanley Cup in North America and the Champions League trophy in Europe.

There's absolutely no question what the most coveted trophy in all of sports is - it's the World Cup. If you're limiting the poll to America, it's not a cut and dried, but I'd have to go with the Lombardi.

Futbal is the beautiful game!!!!!!  :lol:

797802[/snapback]

To a real Euro soccer fan CL>WC. CL is gruesome, and the schedules are insane. WC is just a big promo... I think the only reason some people like it more is because it's so rare. But TBH, I probably won't ever forget this last summer.