Crowell is our new Spikes

SACKMARINO

How can you guys even discuss great linebackers without mentioning Wilcox, Nitchskie, Huff, Bill George (wasn't he in the 100 greatest NFL players ever) or Singletary?  Heck even Junior Seau is better than Spikes yet he garners no mention.   Also, how can anyone say Takeo is better than Jack Ham or Hendricks, these guys are HOFers for a reason. 

The one thing about the football HOF vs. some of the others is it truely is based upon onfield play and isn't a as much of a populatity contest like others sports.

797453[/snapback]

Thanks for mentioning a bunch of middle linebackers, which I clearly discounted in my statement.

The only players there that you mentioned who are OLBs are Jack Ham and Dave Wilcox. I'm quite sure Takeo could be plugged into that defense and perform at AT LEAST the level Ham played at. Ham was a great player, but Takeo is clearly better at the every facet of the game except coverage (where Ham was the best I ever saw, and perhaps the best of all time). I don't remember Dave Wilcox. Sorry.

You're such a fukkin' retard sometimes.

The only players there that you mentioned who are OLBs are Jack Ham and Dave Wilcox.

I've always considered the Stork an outside 'backer too. Although I think the Raiders gave him so much leeway to run free there's probably no inaccurate description of his position.

Agreed with everything else, particularly your point regarding Crowell's lack of ass. I give him credit for courage and being a willing middleweight, but he'll never be able to devastate opponents the way Spikes regularly does.

I've always considered the Stork an outside 'backer too. Although I think the Raiders gave him so much leeway to run free there's probably no inaccurate description of his position.

Agreed with everything else, particularly your point regarding Crowell's lack of ass. I give him credit for courage and being a willing middleweight, but he'll never be able to devastate opponents the way Spikes regularly does.

797486[/snapback]

You're right on ol' Ted, he really wasn't used in a very traditional manner. He was one of my favorite NFL characters growing up. I used to love to watch him line up on FG blocks. His arms were like 10 feet long and he was a nasty bastard.

You're right on ol' Ted, he really wasn't used in a very traditional manner.  He was one of my favorite NFL characters growing up.  I used to love to watch him line up on FG blocks.  His arms were like 10 feet long and he was a nasty bastard.

797582[/snapback]

I actually had hope that Denney would actually be used like the Stork given a lot of similarities in their physical make-up and capabilities (amazing wingspan and enough agility that he was sometimes used as a cover guy in the zone blita- he even got an INT duriing the pre-season a few years back a good 15-20 yards downfield(,

I guesss his sack performance against the Fins earlier this season he has adopted the LDE role as his nitch, but given he has even played the DT role for us because he is stiff against the run, I think he could play this versatile role if a D used him that way (which ours does not and I think cannot).

I actually had hope that Denney would actually be used like the Stork given a lot of similarities in their physical make-up and capabilities (amazing wingspan and enough agility that he was sometimes used as a cover guy in the zone blita- he even got an INT duriing the pre-season a few years back a good 15-20 yards downfield(,

I guesss his sack performance against the Fins earlier this season he has adopted the LDE role as his nitch, but given he has even played the DT role for us because he is stiff against the run, I think he could play this versatile role if a D used him that way (which ours does not and I think cannot).

797588[/snapback]

I never thought of Denney that way, probably because he's just so much damn bigger than Hendricks (I think the Stork weighed like 225) and the game is so different now. I don't think Hendricks would find a spot in today's game because he was so lean.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Denney right behind Crow on the interception play against Miami?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Denney right behind Crow on the interception play against Miami?

797601[/snapback]

It was either him or Kelsay. And I'm thinking Denney because more than 1 coach has liked what they've seen of him dropping out.

And I like Pyrite's Denney/Hendricks comparison simply because one is a devout Mormon and the other is a devout Madman.

It was either him or Kelsay. And I'm thinking Denney because more than 1 coach has liked what they've seen of him dropping out.

And I like Pyrite's Denney/Hendricks comparison simply because one is a devout Mormon and the other is a devout Madman.

797613[/snapback]

Yeah, it was Denney. (Still got this one on the DVR...)

797613[/snapback]

Not only are there no atheists in foxholes, but there is nothing like sharing a team and a dream to bridge differences in religious doctrine