Spikes Should Wait Until Patriots Game

If # 51 is still questioning playing this Sunday, he is obviously not ready for game speed. There is no need to have him come back against Detroit so you might as well give him full rest until the big game against the Pats. If he is not ready to go by then, it must be one bad hammy.

Now that the Bills have shown that they can make this an interesting season, there is no reason you can't wait a few more weeks.

If # 51 is still questioning playing this Sunday, he is obviously not ready for game speed.  There is no need to have him come back against Detroit so you might as well give him full rest until the big game against the Pats. If he is not ready to go by then, it must be one bad hammy.

Now that the Bills have shown that they can make this an interesting season, there is no reason you can't wait a few more weeks.

795457[/snapback]

The frusturating point from a fans standpoint is why they just didnt say it was this bad as soon as it happened. they were talking about him playing the week after it happend in miami. This seemd like the roscoe parrish 'upper body' injury from last year.

If # 51 is still questioning playing this Sunday, he is obviously not ready for game speed.  There is no need to have him come back against Detroit so you might as well give him full rest until the big game against the Pats. If he is not ready to go by then, it must be one bad hammy.

795457[/snapback]

Good post, I was going to post the same thing yesterday. For starters odds are he wasn't near 100% for the opener with the Achilles. That injury takes forever to heal. He won't be 100% until around 2 years after the injury, and maybe never. Throw in the hammy and it just doesn't make sense to rush him back right now. Takeo had a chance to be very special in Buffalo before the injury. With the way the rest of the talent is coming on I want to see a healthy TKO added to the mix. The LB's aren't losing games, and the expereince players like Ellison are getting is a huge advantage down the road. If it takes Takeo 2 more weeks so be it, if it means one more year then that’s fine to.

Spikes has, in my opinion, always been a bit overrated and a bit of a loud mouth (anyone notice how mny winning teams he has been on in his years in the NFL) and should not be relied upon for the rest of this year....something tells me he will have a couple other pulls, strains, due to his injury from last year.....

And with Fletcher turning 32 and Spikes turning 30 within the next year, it is time to start looking at LBs in the 2007 draft.

Spikes has, in my opinion, always been a bit overrated and a bit of a loud mouth (anyone notice how mny winning teams he has been on in his years in the NFL) and should not be relied upon for the rest of this year....something tells me he will have a couple other pulls, strains, due to his injury from last year.....

And with Fletcher turning 32 and Spikes turning 30 within the next year, it is time to start looking at LBs in the 2007 draft.

795495[/snapback]

I dont think he's overrated, look at his #'s from '04. But you're right, Brady Quinn talk needs to stop now and the BIlls need to look at the best LB at whatever draft position they have in '07. Ellison is doing OK but doesnt he look tiny out there?

795495[/snapback]

I don't want to turn this into a Spikes being overrated post so let's just end this right here....

HE IS THE LEADER OF THIS DEFENSE!

It would be nice to have Spikes back in the mix no doubt, and I really do hope he can return healthy, but it will now be over a year since hes played a full game of football. like kzoomike pointed out even if he doesn't come back in 2 weeks or even the year getting valuable experience for ellison will only be a greater benefit if and when spikes does return.

Well for the money they are earning, Spikes and Clements are overrated. The others are not overly expensive considering their contributions v. cap figure.

As for Spikes being a leader of the defense, I don't know about that one, it seems some humility from #51 might be necessary.

I don't want to turn this into a Spikes being overrated post so let's just end this right here....

HE IS THE LEADER OF THIS DEFENSE!

795504[/snapback]

He maybe be the leader when the camara is rolling but I have a hunch the real leader is and always was Mr. Fletcher.........

You don't know what you are talking about.

Well for the money they are earning, Spikes and Clements are overrated. The others are not overly expensive considering their contributions v. cap figure. 

As for Spikes being a leader of the defense, I don't know about that one, it seems some humility from #51 might be necessary.

795517[/snapback]

795495[/snapback]

I dont think he's overrated, look at his #'s from '04.  But you're right, Brady Quinn talk needs to stop now and the BIlls need to look at the best LB at whatever draft position they have in '07.  Ellison is doing OK but doesnt he look tiny out there?

795499[/snapback]

People who post such replys as this should be banned for stupidity ... the energy he simply brings is enough to warrant him making the money he does. You could see it on the first Patriot offensive play. He was pumped - that made the defense pumped - and he flew through that line and forced a fumble. Tell me. Since that play how many LB's have you seen burst through the hole like he did .... tweet, tweet. Ill give you the answer. None. Takeo is a HUGE part of this defense, if not for his play, but simply for his attitude, charisma, and energy he brings to the table. The guy is pure energy on the field.

And to the 2nd quote - Ellison is doing a GREAT job as a rookie. Why would you draft a LB when we have Spikes, Crowell, and Fletcher? Dont waste a pick on a LB? Maybe a 6th or 7th rounder ... but the early rounds should focus on Lineman.

How can you say that now?

If a guy like Jonathan Vilma or AJ Hawk is available when you pick, maybe you take him.

It all depends on where the pick is and what the circumstances are.

This next draft should be a focus on Linemen....

795642[/snapback]

This next draft should be a focus on Linemen....

795642[/snapback]

Yeah maybe it should, but that's what we all said about this last draft too. Anyway, it's too far off to think about the draft - too much football still to play THIS season.

(But, if Posluszczny is still there when when pick...) :w00t:

Umm... there are plenty of problems on Green Bay. AJ Hawk isn't one of them.

We don't need LBs?

Neither did the Chargers when they drafted Merriman -- they had a perfectly solid defense with some good linebackers. But the pick dictated that they take him. The Saints didn't need a RB bu the pick dictated that they take Bush.

Bottom line is you never say never. Drafting solely for position is stupid.

AJ Hawk has showed what so far???? anyway ... we dont NEED LB's

795653[/snapback]