This Game Could be "The Game"

H2o

When we play the Bears on Sunday, this could be "The Game". It could be the game that the Bills use to show that we are really a serious threat to steal a playoff spot.

Chicago has looked nothing less than stellar in their games this year. Seems like they've finally found an Offense this year to go with that Defense they've had for the last 5. Grossman has looked like a veteran, Pro Bowl QB and they've had improved receiver play out of people like Berrian. This team is a solid contender.

If the Bills can somehow get a victory over them at Soldier Field, we will be the talk of the AFC. They will be talking about our competitive losses to both NE and NY, telling everyone to "Look out, because Jauron and the Bills are for real!!!" Chicago wiped the floor with Seattle this past Sunday and they were viewed as a Super Bowl contender. So if we get a "W" over the Bears what does that make us? Just a thought. If we lose, no one expected us to win anyway. It will be our "youth and inexperience" showng through.

When we play the Bears on Sunday, this could be "The Game". It could be the game that the Bills use to show that we are really a serious threat to steal a playoff spot.

Chicago has looked nothing less than stellar in their games this year. Seems like they've finally found an Offense this year to go with that Defense they've had for the last 5. Grossman has looked like a veteran, Pro Bowl QB and they've had improved receiver play out of people like Berrian. This team is a solid contender.

If the Bills can somehow get a victory over them at Soldier Field, we will be the talk of the AFC. They will be talking about our competitive losses to both NE and NY, telling everyone to "Look out, because Jauron and the Bills are for real!!!" Chicago wiped the floor with Seattle this past Sunday and they were viewed as a Super Bowl contender. So if we get a "W" over the Bears what does that make us? Just a thought. If we lose, no one expected us to win anyway. It will be our "youth and inexperience" showng through.

794960[/snapback]

If we win this game it means that the rebuilding project is WAYYY ahead of schedule. It doesn't mean playoffs, but it means that this team can compete with any team on any day. I think it's one more playmaker on each side of the ball and one more O-lineman away from a serious threat.

If we win this game it means that the rebuilding project is WAYYY ahead of schedule.  It doesn't mean playoffs, but it means that this team can compete with any team on any day.  I think it's one more playmaker on each side of the ball and one more O-lineman away from a serious threat.

794980[/snapback]

Even without winning this team can show the rebuilding project is ahead of schedule. I'm not talking about a "moral victory," but simply a hard fought loss where the team executes and keeps working for 60 minutes. In the past few years this is the type of game that we fall apart. Simply not falling apart is a BIG step ahead in my mind.

I have said all along that I am not buying into the Bears yet. With that being said, every "expert" is. IF the Bills can squeak out a win, two things will happen... they will get one extra line on ESPN. And second, they will say the Bears had a down day.

Both of which I would happy with. I like the Bills playing with a chip on their shoulder, I like them being overlooked by the lot.

If we win this game we will be 3-2.

795020[/snapback]

We would be 3-2 after knocking off the #1 team in the NFC and after having played really good football for the last 5 weeks. We would also be going into Detroit with winning record, possibly being 2 games over .500 going into a showdown with our division rivals.

We could get a lot of mileage out of a win like this.

Don't worry, if we win this game (unlikely), the media will say it was because of an off day for the Bears. Or maybe Jauron had an insider.

795212[/snapback]

Yeah no way we get credit for beating them in such an obvious "trap" game. I don't see us getting miuch of any attention unless we win out through the bye. If we lose out we'll get to hear plenty of I told you so :rolleyes: however.

I remember a similar "GAME" in '87, at home against the Redskins. I said going into it that we'd know if we were close or not based on how we did against them. They handled us pretty easily (30-something to 14 IIRC) and I knew we weren't quite ready yet.

Hopefully it goes better on Sunday.

I remember a similar "GAME" in '87, at home against the Redskins.  I said going into it that we'd know if we were close or not based on how we did against them.  They handled us pretty easily (30-something to 14 IIRC) and I knew we weren't quite ready yet.

Hopefully it goes better on Sunday.

795461[/snapback]

37-14.

It was quite the splash of cold water in the face.

I'm at least a little better prepared for that this week.

Winning will be a great stepping stone the the player's confidence that they can compete with the best in the league. It is what they need to prove to themselves that they can win. But like an earlier poster said, " Win or lose its time to plan for next week" It would be sweet wouldn't it!