Would you make this trade?

Buftex

A guy in my leauge is putting Larry Fitzgerald on the trading block...I could definitely use an upgrade at WR, he wants a RB.

My RB's: Willis McGahee (Buffalo)

Tatum Bell (Denver)

Laurence Maroney (New England)

Reggie Bush (New Orleans)

Dominic Rhodes (Indianapolis)

My WR's: Anquan Boldin (Arizona)

Lee Evans (Buffalo)

Braylon Edwards (Clevland)

Jerricho Cotchery (NY Jets)

Greg Jennings (Green Bay)

Brandon Stokely (Indianapolis)

A few questions for y'all:

1- Do I need to make a trade for Fitzgerald, considering my other WR's, or should I just stand pat?

2- I have never had two starters from the same team...if you have, is this a bad idea?

3- With Kurt Warner at QB, Boldin and Fitzgerald have had remarkably similar numbers for almost a season and a half...how much do you think Leinart starting will affect this duo? As it is now (with Warner) the two guys are both good for 10-15 points each every week, maybe more from one or the other...

4- My possible trade partner is likely going to want either Willis McGahee, Laurence Maroney or Tatum Bell. Which of those three would you trade for Fitzgerald? I have offered Reggie Bush, but this guy is not a dummy, I don't think he will bite on that...I haven't heard his reply yet, just assuming he will want one my three legit starters...it is possible Bush puts up good numbers eventually, but right now, he is useless to me...

Sorry I am so long winded....I have never been good at editing myself...

That is tough. I think that you're going to see the WR duo of Boldin/Fitz have their #'s slip a little bit as a result of the QB switch. Leinhart is going to be a good QB, but right now his OLine is putrid and I think they may rely more on the EDGE in order to take pressure off of Leinhart.

Besides, your team is young, and there is an awful lot of potential within your WR core.

Evans has started to come around and it is only a matter of time before he gets into the endzone.

Jennings is starting to get more looks in GB than the #1 guy Driver.

Cotchery is proving to be a valuable #3 WR.

Edwards is becoming the STUD that he was drafted to be and has become the favorite target of QB Frye.

I think you may want to target someone who doesn't have as many question marks about the offense as Fitz...Rookie QB, stud RB that demands touches, another STUD WR playing opposite him, and a horrible oline.

Hope this helped!

BobFreakin and Gavin...

Thanks! I wanted to jump on this trade the minute it was out there, but after typing it all out, and getting your feedback, I think you guys are right...what is that they say? Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make!

I did already offer Bush, but haven't received a response yet. I would feel bad backing out on an offer I made, so I might make that trade if he agrees, or possibly offer Bush and someone else for Fitzgerald and Ben Watson.

I have Shockey as my tight end, and honestly, I can't stand having him. I have had him a few times, and he will put up a huge game or two, and then be banged up and hobbling the rest of the time...sounds like he might be in Couglins' doghouse too!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.