JP. Phase II.

Well? .... Is there?

793621[/snapback]

So Ed woke up the other day and decided of all the things he could write about the Bills right now, his best option, what his readers should hear, his most pertinent story, is the one that warns JP he'll get booed down the road?

That's like going to the store to buy a shirt, looking at all of the shirts on the rack, and picking the green one with purple and orange stripes.

Ed K, who you crappin?

That's like going to the store to buy a shirt, looking at all of the shirts on the rack, and picking the green one with purple and orange stripes.

Actually, I thought it was a well thought out article which did a good job describing the pressures of being a star NFL QB. The main premise goes far beyond football--everyone loves a rags to riches story, but once you're at the top, everyone wants to tear you down. It's a valid point. And given that Losman's in his third year of the NFL, Bills fans and the media will be increasingly less likely to give him a rookie pass, and the sometimes unfair standards starting QBs are subjected to will become increasingly relevant to Losman's life.

But there's light amidst the darkness: me. I for one would never subject Losman to an unfair standard. <_<

Actually, I thought it was a well thought out article which did a good job describing the pressures of being a star NFL QB.  The main premise goes far beyond football--everyone loves a rags to riches story, but once you're at the top, everyone wants to tear you down.  It's a valid point.  And given that Losman's in his third year of the NFL, Bills fans and the media will be increasingly less likely to give him a rookie pass, and the sometimes unfair standards starting QBs are subjected to will become increasingly relevant to Losman's life.

But there's light amidst the darkness: me.  I for one would never subject Losman to an unfair standard.  :rolleyes:

794669[/snapback]

Alright Holcomb's Arm, even Connor Byrne, who used to be a Losman basher has changed his mind. Now it's your turn...

Mike Scott in Miami, Fla. - In April, Connor, you groused about the Bills passing on Matt Leinart in the first round of the draft. After seeing the way J.P. Losman has performed, do you retract that complaint?

CJB: Absolutely, Mike. So far this year, Losman has thrown just one interception through four games, and has a QB rating over 90. He's played tremendous football. I've since come to realize that Leinart and his less-than-great arm would not have fared well in the windy conditions of Buffalo. He's a perfect fit for Arizona.

Levy and his assistant, Tom Modrak, did a great job of taking the correct player in Round One. Donte Whitner, the eighth overall pick, is playing like a veteran strong safety, not a rookie.

He currently has 24 tackles, an interception and had a key breakup of a two-point conversion in the Bills' Week 2 win over Miami. It has certainly helped Buffalo's cause that Whitner was the Defensive Rookie of the Month in September. The former Ohio State star is a natural born leader, too. He's already earned the respect of veteran teammates.