NBC Football Night in America Broadcast

ACor58

One thing this show lacks, that Prime Time always showed was when teams honored their former stars.

PrimeTime always showed snippets of the teams 1/2 time ceremony before kicking off to the highlight of that game.  I was looking for a snippet on the

Reeds wall of fame ceremony and these guys did not even mention it. However,

they are ready to talk about T.O for 1/2 hour without any substance...

793170[/snapback]

NBC did show Reed during the Bills-Vikes highlights...I remember it specifically because Costas or Collinsworth poked fun at him for wearing earplugs.

I think that you guys are missing the point. The NFL is controlling the amount of highlights that any one program can show. "The Blitz" cannot go back to the original "Primetime" format. Football night in America Pregame cannot mimmick the old "Primetime" format. The only place that you can watch an all NFL highlight show is on the NFL Network.

I think that you guys are missing the point. The NFL is controlling the amount of highlights that any one program can show. "The Blitz" cannot go back to the original "Primetime" format. Football night in America Pregame cannot mimmick the old "Primetime" format. The only place that you can watch an all NFL highlight show is on the NFL Network.

793180[/snapback]

Where they repeat the same 4 games and ignore the rest of the 9-10 games that were played that week.....I hardly got to watch the highlights of the Bills-Jets game last week and I sure know that we won't be on this week too...I saw the NFL network schedule and they currently have the Redskins-Jax, Colts-Jets and Rams-Lions with one game undecided....My bet is it will be this MNF game (because Favre is in it) or it will be the lame NE-Cinncinnatti game....I don't think the

Car-NO or the Bills-Minn game has any shot for that 4th slot......

I don't understand. Do I need the NFL network to see a timely, first class highlight show ? The Football Night in America concept is not growing on me.

Lounging around ? Jimmy the Greek and Irv Cross didn't get to lounge around. They probably wanted to but they were professional, dammit...

For some reason, the games on Sunday night have all felt bigger and better. Starting with the highlight show (Though nothing can replace Primetime) right through the game itself. I am a huge fan of what NBC has done.

Speaking of the highlight show, the first thing they do is run through the scores of the ealry games with a small headline summary under each. My favorite yesterday was:

"Tricky Mangini Outsmarts Himself", referring to the 4th and goal interception that haz Pennington threw.

792609[/snapback]

I like it too, and it reminds me how good NBC was at covering the AFC before CBS got the deal. CBS was awful, and now they really blow with their limited HD coverage. ESPN covers bowling in HD, and CBS can't even do all the NFL games. 0:)