Just ask Tom Donohue....

Buftex

Read the "ask him yourself" Q & A with TD on the front page. What a laugh. This guy has some lame excuses, I kept expecting him to say "it's really hard work, we are working really hard." TD won't come down on any of his players, and it sounds like none of the coaches will either. He is still trying to blame everything on John Butler for chrissakes! Other teams, with far less trumpeted GM's than TD have turned crappier teams into playoff contenders in a shorter time. It would be one thing if this team was showing progress, but it is not. I don't blame TD for everything (although I think he gambles too much, and I am starting to have serious doubts about his ability to evaluate talent), but quit with the lame excuses, will ya? It is embarassing. He acts as though it is unreasonable to think that the Bills would have just one impact player in the first 3 rounds, of the last three drafts. Please..... :angry:

Read the "ask him yourself" Q & A with TD on the front page.  What a laugh.  This guy has some lame excuses, I kept expecting him to say "it's really hard work, we are working really hard."  TD won't come down on any of his players, and it sounds like none of the coaches will either.  He is still trying to blame everything on John Butler for chrissakes!  Other teams, with far less trumpeted GM's than TD have turned crappier teams into playoff contenders in a shorter time.  It would be one thing if this team was showing progress, but it is not.  I don't blame TD for everything (although I think he gambles too much, and I am starting to have serious doubts about his ability to evaluate talent), but quit with the lame excuses, will ya?  It is embarassing.  He acts as though it is unreasonable to think that the Bills would have just one impact player in the first 3 rounds, of the last three drafts.  Please.....  :angry:

57006[/snapback]

No doubt...it's time for TD to answer for this mess...He's been given everything any NFL GM could ask for. He's told us forever that it will get better...It has not...Time to answer TD, and bring your Playbook...

I couldn't help but think of the (very lame IMO) opening SNL skit this past Saturday where Bush just kept saying "We work hard!" over and over again.

It's almost like Donahoe is trying to convince himself.

This Q and A answer sessions are a joke. No matter how straight foward the quesiton. The answer will always be vanilla. No Player, Coach, GM, or Owner will admit their choices suck. A GM will never say "Well yeah we shouldn't have drafted A, we would've done better with B OR C, Cause A definitly blows" It's just not gonna happen. So I really don't realize why anyone expects a straight shooting answer. They'll always beat around the bush.

I thought the bills we're suppouse to have "Mental Toughness" To me this season it looks more like the bills are just mentally retarded.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Tom Donahoe for this mess. You Sanctamonious Piece Of Crap

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: And The High Horse you rode in on from Pittsburgh. Cower was smart for getting rid of you.

The sooner you're out of buffalo the better off the Bills Will Be

I love how he said that they didn't want to take a chance on Tim Couch because he could be injured.

DIDN'T STOP YOU WITH McGAHEE OR LEE EVANS DID IT?!

(Not that I want Couch, I just thought it was funny)

My favorite one was this. What a joke, does he think we are blind when watching the games?

Yonaton Aronoff (Buffalo, NY): This team hasn't had a dominant offensive or defensive line in 10+ years. You've done quite well at the skill positions, but those aren't what win close games. When are you going to finally put together a decent offensive line? When are all of the defensive ends you've drafted going to start generating pressure consistently?

TD: We think that our three young defensive ends are as good as there are in the league. They are at various stages of development. The only one who really has tremendous experience is Aaron Schobel. Our coaching staff is very high on Chris Kelsay and is very high on Ryan Denney. They are continuing to work hard and they are getting better all the time.

It's not fair to ask us to answer for the last 10 years. We're only responsible for the last several years and we are working hard to make our line stronger. Our line played much better against New England yesterday until probably the last two minutes of the game. As for our defensive line, we had one of the top defenses in the league last year and still do this year so there has been improvement on the defensive line. The offensive line is still a work in progress for us.

He's gotta know us fans arent that stupid. This guy really needs to go before stuff gets turned around here. He's had three years to blame the past I dont think he can buy himself another year if this crap continues. Like the rest of you have said look at his last couple drafts.

This Q and A answer sessions are a joke. No matter how straight foward the quesiton. The answer will always be vanilla. No Player, Coach, GM, or Owner will admit their choices suck.  A GM will never say "Well yeah we shouldn't have drafted A, we would've done better with B OR C, Cause A definitly blows"  It's just not gonna happen. So I really don't realize why anyone expects a straight shooting answer. They'll always beat around the bush.

57044[/snapback]

I am still willing to give TD the fifth year of his rebuilding project, but I gotta say, I am losing faith. I give TD credit for taking these questions, but just once, I would like to see the coach, or the GM (who seems to have all of the power in Buffalo) challenge some of these guys to get their heads out of their asses, and play something close to their bloated reputations. With a team that has performed so miserably week after week, somebody has to. And I am not talking about players calling eachother out. Seriously, Moorman is the only guy who gets any playing time that I think can look himself in the mirror after each game, and be content with his performance. The only time that I can remember the coach or GM having any negative words for a player, was when TD said something like "at some point, he needs to start producing" in reference to Rob Johnson. By the time he said that, it was apparent that RJ didn't "have it". And then, last season, when Gregg Williams made some thinly veiled criticisms of Drew Bledsoe, TD immediately took up for Bledsoe, and turned the criticism back at the coach.

TD likes to keep falling back on the excuse that we are a young team, but when you think about it, the guys who are our starters are really not all that young. I don't have all the stats, but all of the following starters have plenty of NFL level experience, and are probably playing as well as they ever will in the future. 15 of these 17 guys are our starters, the other 2 were recent starters. If my math is correct, these 16 guys have an average of 7 years experience. A lot of these were free agents, added for "character". I know it is not as simple as all that, not all these guys are on the field on every offensive or defensive snap. I just think it is kind of a crock to keep saying we are a young , rebuilding team. Hell, given the lack of willingness to play guys like McGahee, why does it even matter how young our depth is. Sorry, getting very frustrated thinking about this team:

Drew Bledsoe (11 years)

Travis Henry (3 years- plenty of time for a RB, IMO)

Damian Shelton (I think 5 or 6 years)

Mark Campbell (5 years)

Eric Moulds (8 years)

Bobby Shaw (6 years- I know, not a starter anymore, but why not, at least he can catch sometimes)*

Trey Teauge (at least 6 years, maybe more)

Chris Villareal (8 years)

Pat Williams (7 years)

Sam Adams (10 years)

Jeff Posey (7 years)

Takeo Spikes (6 years)

London Fletcher (6 years)

Pierson Prioleau (5 years)*

Izell Reese (6 years)

Lawyer Milloy (8 years)

Troy Vincent (12 years)

*former starters

Read the "ask him yourself" Q & A with TD on the front page.  What a laugh.  This guy has some lame excuses, I kept expecting him to say "it's really hard work, we are working really hard."  TD won't come down on any of his players, and it sounds like none of the coaches will either.  He is still trying to blame everything on John Butler for chrissakes!  Other teams, with far less trumpeted GM's than TD have turned crappier teams into playoff contenders in a shorter time.  It would be one thing if this team was showing progress, but it is not.  I don't blame TD for everything (although I think he gambles too much, and I am starting to have serious doubts about his ability to evaluate talent), but quit with the lame excuses, will ya?  It is embarassing.  He acts as though it is unreasonable to think that the Bills would have just one impact player in the first 3 rounds, of the last three drafts.  Please.....  :angry:

57006[/snapback]

Comrade buftex, I read it and it seemed classic Kerry...the only thing missing from the stack of waffles was the syrup. :angry:

:devil:

Comrade buftex, I read it and it seemed classic Kerry...the only thing missing from the stack of waffles was the syrup. :doh:

57075[/snapback]

Actually, I was thinking classic GW. Vey consistant with his excuses, like he honestly believes his own crap, and is hoping everyone else will if he repeats it enough....christ, blaming this mess on John Butler....makes me sick.... :huh: