My take: The good and the bad

Acantha

4. Defensive adjustments.  There were none.  We got picked apart by Pennington and didn't seem to change strategy.  Once it was clear that our 4 down linemen weren't getting any pressure, the blitzes should have started.  Again, I understand the coaches thinking here.  It's hard to blitz Pennington because he is composed in the face of rushes and throws accurate short passes.  But you know what?  So does Brady, and the blitzes flustered him into making mistakes.  No matter how good the QB is, if you sit back and give him time he will complete his passes, no matter how many guys you leave back in coverage.  There are always holes.  When somethings not working, you have to try other things, and I didn't see that today. 

784959[/snapback]

Top post Faustus...well worth your effort.

I disagree with your point 4 here. A lot have been mentioning how Penny picked us apart & how we didn't adjust etc, etc. I don't think that was what actually happened.

I'll summarize the Jets offense....

5 yards Punt, 1 yard Punt, 6 yards Punt.....Everything smooth so far.

74 yards TD.....WOW alarm!

4 yards Punt.....Back to normal?

67 yards TD......OK adjustments now need to be made at the half!

After halftime

19 yards Punt, 12 yards Punt, 4 yards punt....Looks like adjustments were well made.

The last drive was a 58 yard TD drive but to me it felt like our D had already gone home having lost heart at the way the O not only squandered opportunity after opportunity but also turned the ball over giving them points.

Most of the game(7 out of the first 9 drives) our D was all over their O.

Dibs  Today, 10:13 PM Post #21 

Most Holy

Group: Members

Member No.: 7,345

QUOTE(Faustus @ Sep 25 2006, 09:04 AM)

4. Defensive adjustments.  There were none.  We got picked apart by Pennington and didn't seem to change strategy.  Once it was clear that our 4 down linemen weren't getting any pressure, the blitzes should have started.  Again, I understand the coaches thinking here.  It's hard to blitz Pennington because he is composed in the face of rushes and throws accurate short passes.  But you know what?  So does Brady, and the blitzes flustered him into making mistakes.  No matter how good the QB is, if you sit back and give him time he will complete his passes, no matter how many guys you leave back in coverage.  There are always holes.  When somethings not working, you have to try other things, and I didn't see that today. 

Top post Faustus...well worth your effort.

I disagree with your point 4 here. A lot have been mentioning how Penny picked us apart & how we didn't adjust etc, etc. I don't think that was what actually happened.

I'll summarize the Jets offense....

5 yards Punt, 1 yard Punt, 6 yards Punt.....Everything smooth so far.

74 yards TD.....WOW alarm!

4 yards Punt.....Back to normal?

67 yards TD......OK adjustments now need to be made at the half!

After halftime

19 yards Punt, 12 yards Punt, 4 yards punt....Looks like adjustments were well made.

The last drive was a 58 yard TD drive but to me it felt like our D had already gone home having lost heart at the way the O not only squandered opportunity after opportunity but also turned the ball over giving them points.

Most of the game(7 out of the first 9 drives) our D was all over their O.

Dibs you make a good point about the defense today.

However the glaring statistic today was:

Bills Defense 0 Turnovers

Jets Defense 3 Turnovers

That was a big difference today.

Also the Bills offense only got 1 touchdown in the red zone, and 2 FG's in the red zone. That has to change if the Bills are going to win.

Dibs you make a good point about the defense today.

However the glaring statistic today was:

Bills Defense 0 Turnovers

Jets Defense 3 Turnovers

That was a big difference today.

Also the Bills offense only got 1 touchdown in the red zone, and 2 FG's in the red zone. That has to change if the Bills are going to win.

785358[/snapback]

This is the key. When you aren't putting any pressure on the QB, they will eventually score. It's that simple. The defense had plenty of solid drives, but rarely got close to Pennington. You just can't let a QB get THAT comfortable, especially on your own damn field.