Where oh where has my Clements gone?

SnakeOiler

He may be one of the most overpaid guys in the NFL.  Three games in, he hasn't done anything.    Is there any difference so far between his play and Kings or Greer?

784812[/snapback]

Im not sure if this play stood out to anyone but the Jets threw a screen to the left and it looked like Clements had sniffed it out and knew what was coming and was waiting to make the tackle. There was a clear lane for him to run and make the tackle but he ran toward one of the Jets blockers instead. It reminded me of when Lawyer Milloy was here and was sent on a blitz and he would just run straight into the offense line and the QB would still have all day to throw like we didnt even blitz. I honestly think that he is afraid to make a play and to make a tackle.

Im probably over reacting but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that play because for some reason it stuck out in my mind.

He's done nothing, IMO. Perhaps no big catches against him, but they're really not throwing to his side either. But, he's definitely sucking it up in run support and tackling in general. Plus where's the self-proclaimed playmaker on all these short passes? He's backing up so no one beats him long. Meanwhile, the receiver catches it shorts and moves the chains.

If he keeps this play up all season, he'll definitely be a Bill next year; because no one will pay big money him.

Im not sure if this play stood out to anyone but the Jets threw a screen to the left and it looked like Clements had sniffed it out and knew what was coming and was waiting to make the tackle.  There was a clear lane for him to run and make the tackle but he ran toward one of the Jets blockers instead. It reminded me of when Lawyer Milloy was here and was sent on a blitz and he would just run straight into the offense line and the QB would still have all day to throw like we didnt even blitz.  I honestly think that he is afraid to make a play and to make a tackle.

Im probably over reacting but I was wondering if anyone else noticed that play because for some reason it stuck out in my mind.

784823[/snapback]

I saw it and thought the same thing. Why did he run directly into the blocker?

It reminded me of when Lawyer Milloy was here and was sent on a blitz and he would just run straight into the offense line and the QB would still have all day to throw like we didnt even blitz.  I honestly think that he is afraid to make a play and to make a tackle.

784823[/snapback]

I tried to say suggest as much last week and got flamed. I think Nate is playing it safe enough to be judged on his previous years' work rather than what he may do this year. He runs into the blocker b/c then he can say he was blocked, rather than risk whiffing or getting injured.

It's NOT a good thing to have a big-ticket player who knows he's going to be playing somewhere else next season.... (continued below)

If he keeps this play up all season, he'll definitely be a Bill next year; because no one will pay big money him.

784825[/snapback]

... for mad money b/c it's been shown time and again, there WILL]/I] be teams stupid enough to shell out big contracts, and with the new cap, they'll get even bigger.

If he didn't get a long-term deal last off-season for what he wants, he's sure as sh-- not going to get it next year. If it was going to happen, it would have. Instead, Marv picked Youboty. Nate can read the writing on the wall.

I... for mad money b/c it's been shown time and again, there WILL]/I] be teams stupid enough to shell out big contracts, and with the new cap, they'll get even bigger.

If he didn't get a long-term deal last off-season for what he wants, he's sure as sh-- not going to get it next year. If it was going to happen, it would have. Instead, Marv picked Youboty. Nate can read the writing on the wall.

784848[/snapback]

You're right there. And if he does keep playing like this, I'll pitch in to pay for his moving expenses.