I would rather have JP than Pennington

Kelly the Dog

I think Brad Johnson has always been good, almost every year, any team, regardless of stats. Just watching him play. I think Johnson is a very good quarterback and has been for 10 years.

785175[/snapback]

i don't disagree - i actually like him a lot. however, i don't think he's as good as pennington. all of this being said, i'm starting to think that this is the year where pennington will show his stuff -- or not. we'll see come january 1. consequently, i'm gonna hold off on judging him. i will say, though, that through this stage of his career, pennington was more productive than johnson.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 1 team from the AFC plays in the SB per season out of 16 teams.

Pennington's got what... 5 years left? If his arm holds up.

Your contentions notwithstanding (and I think they're spot on), this is a bet that only someone who eats Retard-Sandwiches would make.

784883[/snapback]

Are those sandwiches made by retards? Or, you know, retards between two pieces of bread?

i don't disagree - i actually like him a lot. however, i don't think he's as good as pennington. all of this being said, i'm starting to think that this is the year where pennington will show his stuff -- or not. we'll see come january 1. consequently, i'm gonna hold off on judging him. i will say, though, that through this stage of his career, pennington was more productive than johnson.

785181[/snapback]

All I know is that if i were fielding a team, in each of the last seven seasons, and I had a choice of Brad Johnson or Chad Pennington, regardless of the rest of the players, I would take Brad Jhnson seven out of seven years. You are free to disagree. I think Johnson is a far better player all around. He's more durable. He's just as smart and just as accurate. He's more mobile. He has a better long game. He's just as tough. He doesn't get his recievers abused over the middle. If you take away an element of his game you do not defang him, which you can with Pennington.

785181[/snapback]

I don't see it - they've got new coaches, no RB to speak of, some question marks on the offensive line, weakness in the secondary, etc.

And the Bills looked very much like the better team for long stretches today - which given how bad the Bills are, is certainly saying something.

JDG

I think Brad Johnson is a lot better than Pennington. And I am not discounting pennington, I think he can lead a team to an 11-5 record. I don't think he can lead a team to a SB. I think the same thing about Bledsoe.

785163[/snapback]

Another thing about Pennington today, a big part of the reason the Jets could not run the ball is because of the way the Bills defense (especially corners) were playing him. No respect at all as far as throwing the ball down the field. And our run D has big problems without Spikes...

Think it's a coincidence that McGahee had his career best day rushing today, the way Losman was throwing?

Yeah, the turnovers killed us today and Pennington didn't make any... but it'll be interesting to see where these two QB's are at in their careers this time next season.

Because you downplay decision-making relative to arm strength, you also play down the evidence from Losman's growing body of work (12 games now and in his third season) and try to pretend that he is a complete unknown.  Of course, Chad Pennington looked pretty good after 12 games - and it didn't take the supposedly noodle-armed Pennington 12 games to throw for 300+ yards.)

JDG

784893[/snapback]

BTW, Chad didnt have a 300 yard game until the 5th game of his third year, and then went 24 full games and two seasons before his next.

All I know is that if i were fielding a team, in each of the last seven seasons, and I had a choice of Brad Johnson or Chad Pennington, regardless of the rest of the players, I would take Brad Jhnson seven out of seven years. You are free to disagree. I think Johnson is a far better player all around. He's more durable. He's just as smart and just as accurate. He's more mobile. He has a better long game. He's just as tough. He doesn't get his recievers abused over the middle. If you take away an element of his game you do not defang him, which you can with Pennington.

785194[/snapback]

how about we call it a draw and agree that they're essentially the exact same player. btw, johnson's arm is no stronger than pennington's - he's just played in non-windy stadiums.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/PennCh01.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/JohnBr00.htm