6 yards Punt

74 yards TD

4 yards Punt

67 yards TD

19 yards Punt

12 yards Punt

4 yards Punt

58 yards TD

Reading this thread was a depressing experience. There is so much irrational expectation and hate for JP one would think they were listening to the national media. The guy throws 22/38 for 328 yards, runs in a TD, gets killed on the blitz because the media darling McGahee doesnt understand what that is, and you all think he is a bum?

It has been said a few times already, but I will throw my twist on it. With fans like this who needs enemies...

1 sack? I wasn't able to see the game but where was the D all day?

784671[/snapback]

...and that one sack came after Pennington was allowed to run around for 15 seconds and even then Kelsay just nicked him. That play was so close to a disaster.

...and that one sack came after Pennington was allowed to run around for 15 seconds and even then Kelsay just nicked him. That play was so close to a disaster.

784676[/snapback]

The tackling (or lack thereof) was disastrous in general today. Everything the D did great last week they did terribly this week. No pressure to speak of, Clements was generally AWOL, and we got picked apart by a smart, weak-armed QB and some well-timed runs.

The tackling (or lack thereof) was disastrous in general today.  Everything the D did great last week they did terribly this week.  No pressure to speak of, Clements was generally AWOL, and we got picked apart by a smart, weak-armed QB and some well-timed runs.

784685[/snapback]

Don't get me started on Clements. On the 3rd and 6 pass to Coles that led to the 4th and 1 on the Jet's last drive, he gave Coles a 10 yard cushion. Why on earth are we giving a guy with a bum hamstring a ten yard cushion on 3rd and 6 with Chad Pennington at QB who can't complete a thing down field but is the king of the 5 yard pass route? Did we not think they'd go for it on 4th and 1?

Don't get me started on Clements. On the 3rd and 6 pass to Coles that led to the 4th and 1 on the Jet's last drive, he gave Coles a 10 yard cushion.

784700[/snapback]

That's not Clements mistake, it's the way the D was called.

The tackling (or lack thereof) was disastrous in general today.  Everything the D did great last week they did terribly this week.  No pressure to speak of, Clements was generally AWOL, and we got picked apart by a smart, weak-armed QB and some well-timed runs.

784685[/snapback]

5 drives under 6 yards

2 more under 20 yards

Our defence didn't pressure but apart from lapses in 3 drives, they played extremely well.

What is it you expect?

4 rookies starting on defence (5 contributers) & there are only lapses on 3 drives.

How good is this D gonna be when these guys mature?

I just don't understand this sort of negativity.

I really dont understand why we played so far off the wrs for the majority of the game it almost seemed like perry fewell had far too much respect for the speed of the jets wr's, and was content in allowing pennington to dink n dunk. After seeing the defense the 1st 2 weeks where they played a lot of press coverage on the receivers of ne and mia I just didnt understand the strategy. We should've made pennington try to test us deep. That was my only issue with the defense today other then the lack of a pass rush.

5 drives under 6 yards

2 more under 20 yards

Our defence didn't pressure but apart from lapses in 3 drives, they played extremely well. 

What is it you expect?

4 rookies starting on defence (5 contributers) & there are only lapses on 3 drives.

How good is this D gonna be when these guys mature?

I just don't understand this sort of negativity.

784719[/snapback]

The lapses were just critical. Bad tackling. Bad, bad tackling. I know they're young. But the D-line pretty much isn't. Clements isn't. McGee is a vet now. These guys need to do better if we're to stay in games. I'll grant that the turnovers make everything way more difficult and JP and Willis needed to do better there. But JP was also the reason there was still something left to play for with a minute left.

An odd defensive day.

All their offense came on 3 drives.

Drive chart is.....

5 yards Punt

1 yards Punt

6 yards Punt

74 yards TD

4 yards Punt

67 yards TD

19 yards Punt

12 yards Punt

4 yards Punt

58 yards TD

784507[/snapback]

That's exactly how I see the Bills Defense. Good, EXCEPT when the need to be. Final drive of the half... Jets score. Mid 4th quarter... jets nice drive and score. The Pats did it in Week 1 and now the Jets do it - get the drive when its most important.

The lapses were just critical.  Bad tackling.  Bad, bad tackling.  I know they're young.  But the D-line pretty much isn't.  Clements isn't.  McGee is a vet now.  These guys need to do better if we're to stay in games.  I'll grant that the turnovers make everything way more difficult and JP and Willis needed to do better there.  But JP was also the reason there was still something left to play for with a minute left.

784728[/snapback]

The thing is.....we basically shut the Jets offence down apart from those 3 drives.

This could imply an extremely streaky side to the Jets O but IMO is indicative of how good this D is going to become.

Bad tackling?

Only in 3 series. 7 series we had first class tackling.

The thing is.....we basically shut the Jets offence down apart from those 3 drives.

This could imply an extremely streaky side to the Jets O but IMO is indicative of how good this D is going to become. 

Bad tackling?

Only in 3 series.  7 series we had first class tackling.

784778[/snapback]

3 drives is plenty enough to win. Hell, one missed tackle is enough for the loss. You can bet your ass that Fewell is going to be preaching back-to-basics tackling this week in practice. Minnesota could do the same exact thing to this defense next week if we don't look out.

3 drives is plenty enough to win.  Hell, one missed tackle is enough for the loss.  You can bet your ass that Fewell is going to be preaching back-to-basics tackling this week in practice.  Minnesota could do the same exact thing to this defense next week if we don't look out.

784785[/snapback]

Of course it's enough to win....they won. The point is that for most of the game our D was all over their O.....which in a lot of ways makes this loss harder to take than otherwise.

Need to do better? Yes.

Encouraging? Yes.

You make it sound as though we were being trounced all day. That simply was not the case.

Of course it's enough to win....they won.  The point is that for most of the game our D was all over their O.....which in a lot of ways makes this loss harder to take than otherwise.

Need to do better?  Yes.

Encouraging?  Yes. 

You make it sound as though we were being trounced all day.  That simply was not the case.

784815[/snapback]

Very true...I mean...The turnovers and the turnovers alone lost this Game for the Bills...The Bills are not even close to good enough yet to overcome three turnovers especially when one leads to 7 Points the other way...

Other than those 3 Plays (the 2 Fumbles and the Int), the Bills Played pretty well today. Take away the turnovers and the Bills probably Win this Game...By no means did they get trounced...This was just another lesson for a Young Team on how easy it is to beat yourself... :lol: