Possible 20 mil from the state for RWS

LabattBlue

There is a possibility that the state will allocate 20 million for improvements to RWS including moving the press box.  My only question is..where are they moving it to? 0:)  :P

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060...?tbd1073624.asp

783481[/snapback]

I really don't care as long as it's not to LA...or anywhere else out of WNY. :lol:

This is the direction I hsd figured things were headed with all the crying poor by Ralph (it is true he is poorer that multi-gazillionaires like Snyder and Jones). However, this amount seems like small potatoes compared to not only what can be extorted from taxpayers for the Bills in WNY but even in comparison the last NYS cash delivery to the Bills.

My sense is that if someone offers you money you rarely say no. However, my guess is that this is aimply the Pataki swan song as he leves office and a deal does not get done.

The real bidding is between Spitzer and whoever it is the GOP is sending out top die in the gubernatorial campaign (but recieve millions in post-electoral largesse from the GOP for being the sacrificial lamb).

At that point if Mayor Brown and the City of Buffalo (and the swing voters from Erie County) weigh in for an NYS bond funded stadium authority (NYS can get far better rates on the loans needed to fund such an endeavor than the private sector, then we are talking about hundreds of millions of $ being delivered to the Bills for their primary (id not exclusive) use and control.

While this is grossly unfair and actually a dumb way to do economic development compared to other investments NYS could make, funding for the Bills is far more likely to occur than the better economic development investments (and as shown by the NYC authority attempts not a sure thing itself) by NYS and it will send $ from NYC (where the people and thus the $ really are) to WNY and Buffalo.

Like many things in life. Its grossly unfair and stupid but it benefits me and my team so I support it.

yeah but here is the thing how long will the state take to give them that 20 million. Up here in brockport they promised the college 15 million to fund our field house that the student body agreed to pay half for 3 years ago. Then the state passes a law saying that no student gov't can raise money for a school building or something to that effect, and then states they are willing to commit the 30 million to it. IF they would have done stuff originally on time the field house/ rec center, would be completed next september. But as it stands, no money has been given by the state, even when they had a surplus last year.

So, what I am saying is that we are expecting moeny from the state don't hold our breaths.