LAMP. Need help deciding an elimination pool

Gary M

My number one rule for elimination pools, Stay away from divisional games.

I am so tempted to take the Bills.

780869[/snapback]

Carolina is a good pick. They won't lose. Whoever is playing the Raiders is a good pick as well.

My number one rule for elimination pools, Stay away from divisional games.

I am so tempted to take the Bills.

780869[/snapback]

That sounds similar to the rule of saving up your 'good' teams so you don't burn through them and can use them at the end of the year. Not smart. Elimination pools have one purpose- survive. Pick the best game you can every week. Personal rules about division games sounds strange. You'd risk taking a road team who you didn't feel great about rather than taking a sure thing like Indy at home over Tennessee?

That sounds similar to the rule of saving up your 'good' teams so you don't burn through them and can use them at the end of the year.  Not smart.  Elimination pools have one purpose- survive.  Pick the best game you can every week.  Personal rules about division games sounds strange.  You'd risk taking a road team who you didn't feel great about rather than taking a sure thing like Indy at home over Tennessee?

780878[/snapback]

I didn't say I wouldn't take them, but I have been burned by the divisional upset 3 consecutive years.

It's tough to root for Miami. But then again money is involved.

781217[/snapback]

Putting your money in the hands of Daunte Culpepper is a daunt(e)ing task.

This is one brutal week for suicide. I think I like Indy if most of their guys are playing, but my eyes are on the injury list.

I wouldn't touch Washington at any rate.

Putting your money in the hands of Daunte Culpepper is a daunt(e)ing task.

This is one brutal week for suicide. I think I like Indy if most of their guys are playing, but my eyes are on the injury list.

I wouldn't touch Washington at any rate.

781404[/snapback]

I steer clear of Miami in survivor pools, at first, anyways. With all the sperm that the national media pumps out of Miami every preseason, it is impossible to get a handle on how good or bad they are until the halfway point.

I steer clear of Miami in survivor pools, at first, anyways.  With all the sperm that the national media pumps out of Miami every preseason, it is impossible to get a handle on how good or bad they are until the halfway point.

781539[/snapback]

So who you picking?