If you dont care about tonights game.. Sabres on!!

NavyBillsFan

I love the squad and the uni's aren't the end of the world. Personally it's not the design I woulda come up with, but it's pretty obvious that's what they're going to wear. I'm over it already.

I was stuck at work late last night and caught most of the 2nd and half of the 3rd on the radio while driving home. At least their first 3 goals were on the PP (not sure about the 4th.) After a tentative 1st period, Jim Lorentz said the Sabres came out confident and dominated the rest of the game. He said the Leafs looked like the same slow, lumbering team from last year, and Buffalo was buzzing around in the Toronto end. Obviously, both squads were giving a look to many young players and had quite a few regulars sitting out. But Sundin did play for the Leafs, and Raycroft (who will be their starter) was in net. The Toronto fans even got a few boos in, according to the article.

Sabres youngster Mark Mancari knows how to become a fan favorite: he dropped the gloves with Darcy Tucker. The paper said Tucker was bloodied, but I saw the fight on the sports last night and it looked like Tucker got the only good shot in.

Briere left the game with an injured hip flexor. Not expected to be serious, they will know more today. Probably just a strain, but I wouldn't expect to see him again in the preseason. I think he'll make the team.

Today's Buffalo News article

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the squad and the uni's aren't the end of the world.  Personally it's not the design I woulda come up with, but it's pretty obvious that's what they're going to wear.  I'm over it already.

I was stuck at work late last night and caught most of the 2nd and half of the 3rd on the radio while driving home.  At least their first 3 goals were on the PP (not sure about the 4th.)  After a tentative 1st period, Jim Lorentz said the Sabres came out confident and dominated the rest of the game.  He said the Leafs looked like the same slow, lumbering team from last year, and Buffalo was buzzing around in the Toronto end.  Obviously, both squads were giving a look to many young players and had quite a few regulars sitting out.  But Sundin did play for the Leafs, and Raycroft (who will be their starter) was in net.  The Toronto fans even got a few boos in, according to the article.

Sabres youngster Mark Mancari knows how to become a fan favorite: he dropped the gloves with Darcy Tucker.  The paper said Tucker was bloodied, but I saw the fight on the sports last night and it looked like Tucker got the only good shot in.

Briere left the game with an injured hip flexor.  Not expected to be serious, they will know more today.  Probably just a strain, but I wouldn't expect to see him again in the preseason.  I think he'll make the team.

Today's Buffalo News article

779253[/snapback]

Thanks.

That was the BEST uniform design they came up with?

What were the other options?  Burlap sacks?

779675[/snapback]

<_<

burlap sacks with the slug logo.....classic