A winning streak is possible

CosmicBills

You have to like the upcoming schedule for the Bills with the momentum from today's win...

- Home opener vs. Jests (W) ... though this game will be tougher than I anticipated, not that any AFC East game is easy.

- Home vs. Minny (W)...though they are looking good. I think the home field gives the Bills the edge.

- @ Chicago (L)...might be the second toughest game on the schedule. Riding a three game win streak could help, but I don't think the Bills have enough offense to beat that D on the road.

- @ Detroit (W) ... Get back on track vs. the second worst team in the league.

- Rematch vs. NE ... going into this game 4-2, at home when the Pats have a good shot at being 4-1 themselves (Denver, @ Cincy, Miami then a bye). This game is extra tough with the Pats coming off the bye, but if the Bills can generate momentum, the 12th Man could help pull off the upset.

Either way, it's very possible for the Bills to be going into the  bye week 5-2 or 4-3 with a softer schedule on the other side.

It's going to be a fun season....

777120[/snapback]

Next weeks game is a obviously the important one. Without a win next week and it really doesn't mean anything.

Next weeks game is a obviously the important one.  Without a win next week and it really doesn't mean anything.

777271[/snapback]

Agree 100 percent.

But, I don't see the Jets beating the Bills. I just don't.

Since it's a divisional game, it will be tough. But the Bills are a better team on paper and it's the home opener coming off of a huge road win. The Bills will be ready.

The Jets, as good as they looked, are still the Jets. Unproven O-Line, suspect QB and RB play. Good Defense. It'll be a good game, but the Bills will win.

:doh:

And if it weren't for the 16 amazing points we scored today, the Dolphins would have beaten us.

:lol:

777265[/snapback]

NE missed a 30yd FG in the 4th, along with Cotchery making a crazy play and Coles a big play. I don't know if you watched the entire game like I did, but NE looked as impressive as the Bills did.

Simple Logic: If A=B, and A>C ......then B>C. Vegas seems to agree as we are 6 point favorites.

NE missed a 30yd FG in the 4th, along with Cotchery making a crazy play and Coles a big play. I don't know if you watched the entire game like I did, but NE looked as impressive as the Bills did.

Simple Logic: If  A=B, and  A>C ......then B>C.  Vegas seems to agree as we are 6 point favorites.

777300[/snapback]

To quote your original post:

One thing that bodes well for us is that NE really handled the Jets today and could have won by much more if it wasn't for 2 amazing TDs by the Jets.

777153[/snapback]

I'm not disagreeing with you in that New England looked impressive. I'm also not disputing that we should be favorites in the Jests game.

However, your first post (2nd one quoted) seems to imply that just because the Jests got their touchdowns on "crazy," "big," or "amazing" plays, they somehow don't count. This is what I disagree with. You're analyzing what the Jests did against the Pats and discounting their touchdowns just because they came on impressive individual efforts.

You said the Patriots would have blown out the Jests if not for their two "amazing" touchdowns, and I sarcastically said that the Dolphins would've beaten us today if not for our 16 "amazing" points. Those two statements make the same amount of sense, but neither make a whole lot of it.

Gotcha.....It helps to have big play potential. If those 2 teams were to play again next week in NY, I would move the line to NE by 8 instead of the 6 they were. I hate to say it, but the Patriots once again are the class of the division. If the Bills can keep some momentum going, maybe we can hang with them for a while...but they are just too smart all-around. They will keep winning some ugly games, but I really respect that team and hope by next year we can take over.

Maybe the toughest game left on the schedule IMO.

777336[/snapback]

You could be right. I think @ Indy is tougher, but that might be based more on reputation than merit.

I also think SD and Jax will be tougher games than some might expect -- though the Bills do get to play them at home, hopefully in a blizzard. :doh:

You could be right. I think @ Indy is tougher, but that might be based more on reputation than merit.

I also think SD and Jax will be tougher games than some might expect -- though the Bills do get to play them at home, hopefully in a blizzard.  :doh:

777353[/snapback]

Indy will be tough... since it's a regular season game, PGump will get his stats & points. But (other than Freeney) Indy's D isn't too scary, and neither is their wimpy fanbase in their wimpy dome.

OTOH, that Bears D in front of those Soldier Field animals can be very scary if they keep playing like they've shown so far. :lol: