Spikes comments

Berman

After digesting Spikes comments and enjoying the replay of the Bills vs Patriots game a few times this week I have few comments.

First of all coming from one of my favorite Bills, Spikes comments are very frustrating. In my opinion he believes the organization owes him something feels personally slighted because ... yes... we are rebuilding. The Bills paid him top dollar to come over from the Bengals and they watched as their investment sat almost an entire season last year which contributed to the scales being tilted towards rebuilding. After his first game back he gets injured and has the balls to make these comments. He and Vincenet represent the only Probowl veterans on this team, get over it the Bills are rebuilding... and so is Spikes. He needs to put up and shut up, and be a leader to the young future stars that Levy has assembled.

That being said after reviewing last weeks game I think the Bills are positioned to have a very short rebuilding cycle and if a few breaks go our way we could be very close to making the playoffs this year. I am very optimistic about last years draft and our coaching staff. We were prepared for the Patriots game, the players are on board with the staff and thats 1/2 the battle in the NFL. We have young talent and will have free agency money to spend next year to fill key holes. The future of the Bills is looking good and this year we just might be a surprise team. So yes ... we are rebuilding but its only going to be one year. Sit back and enjoy watching this team develop because there are future stars on the team learning on the job.... and if your lucky TKO you will still be on the squad when they win the Super Bowl.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I don't hear Fletcher bitching about the move. I don't hear Schoebel bitching about the move. Come on TKO, you have been our voice and our leader, don't start going south on us now.

I agree that this team is putting the pieces together and after watching the Marv Levy show last night, I am convinced he will go to work on both sides of the line in next year's draft and FA period. We have the cap space, we have very young players that are locked up, and this organization finally has a vision. Exciting times!

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I don't hear Fletcher bitching about the move.  I don't hear Schoebel bitching about the move.  Come on TKO, you have been our voice and our leader, don't start going south on us now.

775506[/snapback]

Ummmm, I don't recall Fletcher and Schoebel having player press conferences. I also don't recall them having their presser immediately after being told Vincent was put on IR. I also don't recall them being asked the direct question "Do you think putting Vincent on IR is a sign the Bills are rebuilding?" (read the entire Spikes quote carefully and you can tell that was the gist of the question he was asked).

He was put in a situation where there was "no win." He says "no, not really," people say "Open your eyes Takeo!" He says "no comment," people say "way to dodge the important questions Takeo!" He speaks from his initial emotional reaction, and he gets "STFU Takeo!" If anyone's to blame here it would be Berchtold for not managing the situation well. Postpone his presser or something...

And of course everyone talks about the rebuilding comment without speaking to the whole answer that Takeo gave, the rest of which is handily contained below in my signature...

Ummmm, I don't recall Fletcher and Schoebel having player press conferences.  I also don't recall them having their presser immediately after being told Vincent was put on IR.  I also don't recall them being asked the direct question "Do you think putting Vincent on IR is a sign the Bills are rebuilding?" (read the entire Spikes quote carefully and you can tell that was the gist of the question he was asked).

He was put in a situation where there was "no win."  He says "no, not really,"  people say "Open your eyes Takeo!"  He says "no comment," people say "way to dodge the important questions Takeo!"  He speaks from his initial emotional reaction, and he gets "STFU Takeo!"  If anyone's to blame here it would be Berchtold for not managing the situation well.  Postpone his presser or something...

And of course everyone talks about the rebuilding comment without speaking to the whole answer that Takeo gave, the rest of which is handily contained below in my signature...

775532[/snapback]

Good point on Fletcher.  Then again, maybe he's not trying to cause waves since he's looking for a nice fat contract extension. :unsure:

775519[/snapback]

He is also a team leader and knows that the future is NOW.

I think Spikes fears he may be placed in the same category as Vincent, older veteran with a history of injuries and some very aggressive young players in the wings.

That said, I would love nothing better than to be chantng TKO again real soon.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Of course TKO doesn't like rebuilding -- NO competitive player does! And while he expressed some shock and diappointment in Vincent's departure, he quickly turned around and said that he would do whatever it takes to speed up the rookies' learning process and help them out. He went onto say that you have to have faith in the kids the organization drafted and that they would continue to play to win.

So before you go out B word and whine about TKO, read all of his comments first and then make a judgement.

After digesting Spikes comments and enjoying the replay of the Bills vs Patriots game a few times this week I have few comments.

First of all coming from one of my favorite Bills, Spikes comments are very frustrating. In my opinion he believes the organization owes him something feels personally slighted because ... yes... we are rebuilding. The Bills paid him top dollar to come over from the Bengals and they watched as their investment sat almost an entire season last year which contributed to the scales being tilted towards rebuilding. After his first game back he gets injured and has the balls to make these comments. He and Vincenet represent the only Probowl veterans on this team, get over it the Bills are rebuilding... and so is Spikes. He needs to put up and shut up, and be a leader to the young future stars that Levy has assembled.

That being said after reviewing last weeks game I think the Bills are positioned to have a very short rebuilding cycle and if a few breaks go our way we could be very close to making the playoffs this year. I am very optimistic about last years draft and our coaching staff. We were prepared for the Patriots game, the players are on board with the staff and thats 1/2 the battle in the NFL. We have young talent and will have free agency money to spend next year to fill key holes. The future of the Bills is looking good and this year we just might be a surprise team. So yes ... we are rebuilding but its only going to be one year. Sit back and enjoy watching this team develop because there are future stars on the team learning on the job.... and if your lucky TKO you will still be on the squad when they win the Super Bowl.

775499[/snapback]

I don't have a problem with TKO for getting frustrated, for wanting to win, or for remaining loyal to Vincent. He didn't throw the Bills under the bus or say anything unreasonable, but was just frustrated.

The good news is he is a better football player than talent evaluator (no leaving Bengals for Bills jokes here). Ko will outperform Vincent THIS YEAR, which makes it not a rebuilding step, but a team improving step helping build towards the soonest playoff appearance possible. This is a move that will get Spikes to the playoffs sooner and get him his Super Bowl ring sooner. Not having TKO in the first two games is much more of a negative than not having Vincent for the season. TKO will realize that over the next couple weeks, and step back into being one of this team's physical leaders.