Barry Sanders highlight reel

Orton's Arm

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Bo clip did Brian Bosworth really say:

"many would argue that had he stayed healthy he would have probably been at least one of the top two if not three running backs in the nfl"

Heck had things gone his way he might have even made it into the top four, and possibly even the top 20!

Not that it matters, but does anyone know how Barry vs. Bo vs. Bush vs. other fast backs stack up in speed measurables (like the 40)?

In the Bo clip did Brian Bosworth really say:

"many would argue that had he stayed healthy he would have probably been at least one of the top two if not three running backs in the nfl"

Heck had things gone his way he might have even made it into the top four, and possibly even the top 20!

Not that it matters, but does anyone know how Barry vs. Bo vs. Bush vs. other fast backs stack up in speed measurables (like the 40)?

774980[/snapback]

Bush? Being mentioned with these guys? :pirate:

You've been watching too much ESPN.

AND 8 league rushing titles in 9 seasons

AND a ridiculous 5.2 career yard per rush average

AND a record 5 seasons leading the league in total yards

AND one 5 TD game

AND 4 games w/ 4 TDs

AND 1,000 or more yards in 7 of 9 seasons (back in the 12 game season days)

AND the first player to reach 100 rushing TDs in a career

AND he never missed a game in his career

Yeah, he was okay.

773743[/snapback]

BIG WHOOP!!!!

So he was the best running back ever......

AND I don't see how anyone can really argue that point!

man, i forgot about Bo Jackson...he runs the way I'd like to see Willis run...take the handoff, accelerate to full speed and just run people over

774998[/snapback]

Yeah but WM thinks he is more like Barry and wants to shake and bake and make the big play instead of running with a purpose. If WM hit the hole and ran hard every play, he'd be a much better back!

Jim Brown was before my time, but from everything I've read and seen, he's not just the best running back in football history, but the best player. For example: a few years ago Pro Football Digest had an issue devoted to the 100 best players ever: Brown was the no-doubt #1. Postulating Sanders as a superior player is comparable to saying Kobe is better than Jordan -- it seems impossible that a person with a clear understanding of what the two accomplished and what matters in the sport would make that claim.

Brown was indestructible, he was the fastest player on the field, he was bigger than some of his offensive linemen and he had moves too -- sounds like the formula for the perfect football player. He did play on great teams, but one tends to think that he would have made any team he played on great.

Sanders was certainly fun to watch, but having seen them both play, I'd say OJ was even more exciting. He wasn't a miraculous jumping bean like Sanders, but he was faster, more fluid and more powerful. Obviously, OJ is completely disgraced now, but I'm still surprised that he hasn't really been mentioned in this thread. Anybody out there who followed the Bills when OJ was in his prime willing to assert that Sanders was a more exciting or better player?

He was amazing. Yet what some people dont remember is that for every long run he had, he also had a negative run or two. Heck. He was probably stuffed on 4th and 1 once or twice.  :o

773608[/snapback]

I don't think others got this post. I read it as an obvious reference to the Willis haters on this board, not a slam on Barry. I could be wrong.

I appreciate the sentiment, and am a Willis hopeful, not a Willis hater, but, that being said WM has a looooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before being compared to Barry in any way.

I'm curious, are we Talking Yinka Dare, the former George Washington University center as the creator of the clip. I suppose ther aren't very many Yinka Dares kicking aroun out there.

I was not alive to see Jim Brown play so Im not really sure what the fuss is about him. His numbers were good but not over-the-top amazing. I mean they remind me of Shaun Alexanders numbers. Every year just consistent 1300+ yards and 10+ TD's ....

773622[/snapback]

12 game seasons ... 14 game seasons ...

I don't think others got this post.  I read it as an obvious reference to the Willis haters on this board, not a slam on Barry.  I could be wrong. 

I appreciate the sentiment, and am a Willis hopeful, not a Willis hater, but, that being said WM has a looooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before being compared to Barry in any way.

I'm curious, are we Talking Yinka Dare, the former George Washington University center as the creator of the clip.  I suppose ther aren't very many Yinka Dares kicking aroun out there.

775371[/snapback]

Yeah. I think you were one of the only ones who understood that last comment at the end of that post.