TO: Negative nancy

My quick opinions, with little-to-no factual evidence to back them up-

Overrated- Ravens at #6.  I think they suck.

Underrated- Eagles at #11.  They will win the NFC East.

770829[/snapback]

If McNair stays healthy this year the Ravens will be better than the Eagles.

My rankings:

1.) Pittsburgh

2.) Jaguars

3.) Ravens

4.) Bengals

5.) Falcons

6.) Eagles

7.) Colts

8.) Seahawks

9.) Bears

10.) Patriots

11.) Carolina

12.) Chargers

13.) Giants

14.) Rams

15.) Vikings

16.) Cowboys

17.) Cardinals

18.) Dolphins

19.) Bills

20.) Tampa Bay

21.) Broncos

22.) Saints

23.) Redskins

24.) 49ers

25.) Chiefs

26.) Lions

27.) Browns

28.) Jets

29.) Titans

30.) Texans

31.) Raiders

32.) Packers

The Ravens had a nice win over an overrated (IMO) Bucs team. Winning on the road opening weekend is never easy. And I agree, McNair is a step up from Boller. But so is Losman. So is just about everybody. I see injuries decimating this team as the season goes on. McNair is inevitable. The defense is still solid but living dangerously off of their reputation from 3-5 years ago. (They do have an incredible secondary, no disputing that. They must get pressure up front to let that talented secondary make plays.) Baltimore, if they stay healthy, could be above average. But in the division, I see them much closer to Cleveland rather than jockeying with Pit and Cin.

I don't think McNair is inevitable. This is his 10th year as a starter and in 8 of those 10 years he has played 14 or more games. ALthough if he doesn't stop dropping his shoulder to take on NFL 'backers, it is going to be tougher to stay healthy.

I hope he does stay healthy and if he does I think the Ravens might be the next team to beat up 40 Colts in a defacto conference championship game.

Cya

I don't think McNair is inevitable. This is his 10th year as a starter and in 8 of those 10 years he has played 14 or more games. ALthough if he doesn't stop dropping his shoulder to take on NFL 'backers, it is going to be tougher to stay healthy.

I hope he does stay healthy and if he does I think the Ravens might be the next team to beat up 40 Coltse in a defacto conference championship game.

Cya

772350[/snapback]

Agreed Mc Nair to me was the missing piece of this Baltimore puzzle. He has to not take on defenders and try to run them over. He like Manning has the ability to see the whole field and thread the needle whenever needed. Along with the Ravens defense and a healthy Jamal Lewis they will contend in the end. Count on that I agree with Dibs.

My rankings:

1.) Pittsburgh

2.) Jaguars

3.) Ravens

4.) Bengals

5.) Falcons

6.) Eagles

7.) Colts

8.) Seahawks

9.) Bears

10.) Patriots

11.) Carolina

12.) Chargers

13.) Giants

14.) Rams

15.) Vikings

16.) Cowboys

17.) Cardinals

18.) Dolphins

19.) Bills

20.) Tampa Bay

21.) Broncos

22.) Saints

23.) Redskins

24.) 49ers

25.) Chiefs

26.) Lions

27.) Browns

28.) Jets

29.) Titans

30.) Texans

31.) Raiders

32.) Packers

771693[/snapback]

Hmmm. The Titans are kinda low for have VINCE on their team... And the Jets are 1-0.

Agreed Mc Nair to me was the missing piece of this Baltimore puzzle.  He has to not take on defenders and try to run them over.  He like Manning has the ability to see the whole field and thread the needle whenever needed.  Along with the Ravens defense and a healthy Jamal Lewis they will contend in the end.  Count on that I agree with Dibs.

772351[/snapback]

I think their biggest obstacle isn't injuries, but finding a way to come out of that division. If they do, they'll be battle-tested and ready to roll but it's a tough row to hoe winning 10-11 games in that division. Not to mention they have a 3week stretch outside the division that goes vs. SD, @ Den, vs. Car.

oof......

BOO HOO if you you are deeply wounded by the loss, I feel pretty good after the initial scathe has healed. Yes we should have had it, sure the refs didn't do us any favors, but you gotta love the Bills moving up four spots on the power rankings after a week 1 loss! In fact the only other team to move up in the rankings after a loss was the 49's.. and they only moved up two spots!! ( from last to 3rd last). I can't wait to squish the fish next week then we will see how they like our Bills!

Also, be sure to notice the pats go down by 3 spots after a win!!!!

:lol:  :P                                                                  :D  :doh: 

Read 'em and weep haters

:lol:  :P                                                                  :devil:  :devil:

770768[/snapback]

You're searching deep man. Worried about movement in the bottom half of some worthless PowerRating poll compiled by a journalist that had Robert Gallery listed as the second coming?

You're searching deep man. Worried about movement in the bottom half of some worthless PowerRating poll compiled by a journalist that had Robert Gallery listed as the second coming?

772395[/snapback]

just happy to see it....... I swear some of you guys act as if this is either bad news or don't care even a speck... I do.. but I am also on the wrong coast to be a Bills fan...anything I can find anywhere that is positive, you will find me there..

just happy to see it....... I swear some of you guys act as if this is either bad news or don't care even a speck... I do.. but I am also on the wrong coast to be a Bills fan...anything I can find anywhere that is positive, you will find me there..

772397[/snapback]

My feeling is that we don't need the powerpolls to confirm that things are headed in the right direction at One Bills Drive. The game tells me that they are making progress, but then again, we were probably not as bad as everyone thought nor is New England as good as everyone thought, the league is very average today.

I think their biggest obstacle isn't injuries, but finding a way to come out of that division. If they do, they'll be battle-tested and ready to roll but it's a tough row to hoe winning 10-11 games in that division. Not to mention they have a 3week stretch outside the division that goes vs. SD, @ Den, vs. Car.

oof......

772359[/snapback]

That's more or less what I was saying with regard to Baltimore. I see them as a team that has above-average players (and a fantastic secondary), but I don't see them at the Cincinnatti or Pittsburgh level. That division plays the NFC South, which is a tough draw. Week 1 was a good win- any win on the road is a good win. We shall see if they can keep it up.

I could be completely wrong about the Ravens, but I lump them in with Miami, NYG, and Carolina as teams that the media has fawned over and expects big things from. I say overrated (and I thought the same thing before all of those teams lost in week 1.)