Play Of The Game??

wnyguy

I've read where the play of the game was the Safety and I've read where the play of the game was our being stopped on 4th and one but to me the play of the game was failing to stop NE on the fourth and two. The fate of this game was decided by our inabilities on defense to stop the run. Had we stopped NE right there we would have pulled this one out. IMO

I've read where the play of the game was the Safety and I've read where the play of the game was our being stopped on 4th and one but to me the play of the game was failing to stop NE on the fourth and two. The fate of this game was decided by our inabilities on defense to stop the run. Had we stopped NE right there we would have pulled this one out. IMO

769116[/snapback]

actually I was thinking the near interception by Mcgee on first pats drive could have been very huge

Our inability to stop the run killed us all game. But, if you want to point to a single play I would pick our fourth down miss, or Whitner's interception as the turning points. I haven't had a chance to read much of what was said about the pick, but my .02 is...the block in the back call on Clements was phantom. Did he even touch the guy? Not from the replay I saw. Did anyone see a replay from a different angle that showed that he should have been flagged? And what about the whistle on that play? Whitner wasn't close to being OOB. What the fug was up with that?

Why the refs blew the whistle on that int is a question that i'd want answered as well. As far as the penalty? I never saw it on any replay.

769124[/snapback]

They thought he stepped out of bounds when he jumpped. The block in the back was pretty clear. Better go back to TiVo.

They thought he stepped out of bounds when he jumpped.  The block in the back was pretty clear.  Better go back to TiVo.

769127[/snapback]

He wasn't even close to stepping out of bounds. As far as the penalty, I aint saying it didn't happen, just that I didn't see it.

They thought he stepped out of bounds when he jumpped.  The block in the back was pretty clear.  Better go back to TiVo.

769127[/snapback]

Ohhhhhh, they thought he stepped out of bounds. K, feel much better now. <_< (that's for the refs, not you)

I'll take your word for the block in the back, but every replay I saw showed the pat flying in and Clements not touching him. Guess I didn't see enough of the play, he must have gotten him early.