This feels no different than last year

Virgil

The moment the Patriots scored to make the game 17-14, I had the same feeling in my stomach as last year...how are we going to lose it this time? There was just no doubt that we would lose. I'm sorry, I understand that we turned over a lot of the roster, but this is still the same ole Bills.

We talk about the positives going forward. Yeah, JP looked better. The D-line made some good plays. But the end result is still the same as it has been for the last 5 years. I'm tired of us getting better. If we were really getting better each of the last 5 years, then we'd be second year superbowl champs by now.

Maybe I'm just frusturated. I don't blame the refs. They may have been really tight calls, but they were still technically the right call. The bills as a team lost this game. They blow themselves out in the first half and have nothing left. Say what you want about whoever, but when you can't score a single point in the second half, what do you expect to happen?

This year will be no different than last year. We need to stop trying to bring back the people who showed signs of talent here and there, and straight up get talent. While I hate teams like the Patriots, I admire their cut-throat mentality with players.

I am tired of being mediocre.

I agree, I'm so tired of this crap. No matter how well they play early, you just sit there thinking, "how will they blow it this time." It's the same script every time. mix in getting pushed off the line, methodical drives from the opposition, one or two big plays givenup, ticky tack or outright sh!tty calls by the refs on our one or two big plays. And there you have the Buffalo Bills. I'm so sick of it. Why can't they just suck horribly and get beat 55 - 0? At least then I wouldn't let that little voice in my head say, "maybe this time."

I agree also...I've been a Bills fan for so long now I can tell by the tone of the game and the way our offense is calling plays if we will win or lose. Right after the Pats scored that TD....I left the bar. My bro said "where you going?"

Me: "Home, its over."

Bro: "Your crazy...theres a whole quater left!"

Me: "it dosen't matter."

Same old Bills

The moment the Patriots scored to make the game 17-14, I had the same feeling in my stomach as last year...how are we going to lose it this time?  There was just no doubt that we would lose.  I'm sorry, I understand that we turned over a lot of the roster, but this is still the same ole Bills.

We talk about the positives going forward.  Yeah, JP looked better.  The D-line made some good plays.  But the end result is still the same as it has been for the last 5 years.  I'm tired of us getting better.  If we were really getting better each of the last 5 years, then we'd be second year superbowl champs by now. 

Maybe I'm just frusturated.  I don't blame the refs.  They may have been really tight calls, but they were still technically the right call.  The bills as a team lost this game.  They blow themselves out in the first half and have nothing left.  Say what you want about whoever, but when you can't score a single point in the second half, what do you expect to happen? 

This year will be no different than last year.  We need to stop trying to bring back the people who showed signs of talent here and there, and straight up get talent.  While I hate teams like the Patriots, I admire their cut-throat mentality with players. 

767595[/snapback]

Oh bull. Rome wasn't built in a day. We palyed one of the very best teams in the league on their turf with several key injuries and lost by two points. Boo hoo

Oh bull. Rome wasn't built in a day. We palyed one of the very best teams in the league on their turf with several key injuries and lost by two points. Boo hoo

767719[/snapback]

the same we we did last year and gave it up to them in the last quarter. maybe, hopefully, I am wrong. but this just feels the same as every other year. i never feel confident in our coaches or our players. I just want to have that feeling of knowing that when our Qb or Rb has the ball, something positive is going to happen. Cause as it is now, it feels more like a bonus rather than an expectation. If you can honestly tell me that you had total confidence in our offense or coaches stepping it up when the game was tied, then you are a better man that I

It was a though loss, but I do believe this team is headed in the right direction. This is different from last season, last season all we could say was: "Where is this team going. It's getting worse every season." Now they are heading in the right direction. The Bills walk in to New England on the opening day, quarterback with only 9 starts under his belt (going up against a quarterback with 3 Superbowl rings), and they make a game out of it.

In fact, they should have won. Nobody likes losing, but sometimes a loss like this can change a team completely, now they can learn to avoid blowups like the one they showed today. It's a lot better for this kind of game to go down today, rather than later in the season when playoff implications are on the line. Let's all take a deep breath and wait until the Miami game.

I was only disappointed with 2 things today: Willis McGahee, and playcalling.

They needed to throw longer to stretch the defense, Patriots knew what was coming every time, just short passes and runs up the middle.

Willis was good in the first half and he looked a lot quicker, but in the second half he was stuffed up pretty badly, now this could have been because of the playcalling as I mentioned above, I guess we won't find out until next week.

I was only disappointed with 2 things today: Willis McGahee, and playcalling.

They needed to throw longer to stretch the defense, Patriots knew what was coming every time, just short passes and runs up the middle.

Willis was good in the first half and he looked a lot quicker, but in the second half he was stuffed up pretty badly, now this could have been because of the playcalling as I mentioned above, I guess we won't find out until next week.

767772[/snapback]

If you're going to blame anybody for Willis' lack of production, blame Belicheck. WM was killing them in the first half, and BB made the necessary halftime adjustments. I would love for someone to tell me where Willis is supposed to go when he hits the line and has two guys in his face?

If you're going to blame anybody for Willis' lack of production, blame Belicheck.  WM was killing them in the first half, and BB made the necessary halftime adjustments.  I would love for someone to tell me where Willis is supposed to go when he hits the line and has two guys in his face?

767859[/snapback]

Stop tippy toeing and get back to the line of scrimmage.

The moment the Patriots scored to make the game 17-14, I had the same feeling in my stomach as last year...how are we going to lose it this time?  There was just no doubt that we would lose.  I'm sorry, I understand that we turned over a lot of the roster, but this is still the same ole Bills.

We talk about the positives going forward.  Yeah, JP looked better.  The D-line made some good plays.  But the end result is still the same as it has been for the last 5 years.  I'm tired of us getting better.  If we were really getting better each of the last 5 years, then we'd be second year superbowl champs by now. 

Maybe I'm just frusturated.  I don't blame the refs.  They may have been really tight calls, but they were still technically the right call.  The bills as a team lost this game.  They blow themselves out in the first half and have nothing left.  Say what you want about whoever, but when you can't score a single point in the second half, what do you expect to happen? 

This year will be no different than last year.  We need to stop trying to bring back the people who showed signs of talent here and there, and straight up get talent.  While I hate teams like the Patriots, I admire their cut-throat mentality with players. 

767595[/snapback]

I don't know what it is either. You can't say it's because of coaching each and every time. The players do not have heart and it shows. We absolutely dominate in the 1st half then call it in the rest of the way. WTF?

I don't know what it is either.  You can't say it's because of coaching each and every time.  The players do not have heart and it shows.  We absolutely dominate in the 1st half then call it in the rest of the way.  WTF?

767907[/snapback]

yeah, but it could also speak to the character and ethic that belicheck enbedded on the patsies. I hate complimenting them, but he has won despite talent deficiencies in certain areas because of intangibles.

With Junior Seau and Rosey Colvin meeting him 2 yards behind said line of scrimmage?  Oh.  okay.

767974[/snapback]

Maybe on a few plays but go back and watch the tape: Willis tip toed and didn't hit the LOS with authority on any plays. Even the ones in which he had holes in the 1st half, he still didn't punish defenders to try and wear the D down. Look at how Dillion ran and you'll see the differences.