London Fletcher

theesir

Its hard not to love this guys motor, he hits and is a tackling machine, but in terms of football smarts, he is killing us.

-kicking the football

-Taking the ball away from kick returners and returning it himself

-2 personal fouls in the first 15 minutes (even if one wasn't deserved, it still happened)

-Fumbling the ball out of the end zone.

It was this last play that really, to me, exposes his greatest weakness. On that play he reached backwards with the ball in an attempt to break the plane of the goalline stretching the ball into the air. As he was doing it, he gets hit and fumbles away the game. If he had simply gone down and let the offense back on the field, the play COULD NOT have been reviewed, because the Pats were out of challenges. The part of the play that annoyed me the most was him getting up and celebrating even after he saw that the ball had crossed the end line. Was he celebrating the fact that the Pat's were getting the ball back? NO. He was celebrating the fact that HE got a fumble recovery for his stats. I just don't see a smart player in that situation taking the risk of stretching for the end zone, backwards, with the ball now on the three and your team down by 7. Each one of the four points above show us (week-to-week) how the came to London, is about London, not his team.

Its hard not to love this guys motor, he hits and is a tackling machine, but in terms of football smarts, he is killing us.

-kicking the football

-2 personal fouls in the first 15 minutes (even if one wasn't deserved, it still happened)

It was this last play that really, to me, exposes his greatest weakness. On that play he reached backwards with the ball in an attempt to break the plane of the goalline stretching the ball into the air. As he was doing it, he gets hit and fumbles away the game. If he had simply gone down and let the offense back on the field, the play COULD NOT have been reviewed, because the Pats were out of challenges. The part of the play that annoyed me the most was him getting up and celebrating even after he saw that the ball had crossed the end line. Was he celebrating the fact that the Pat's were getting the ball back? NO. He was celebrating the fact that HE got a fumble recovery for his stats. I just don't see a smart player in that situation taking the risk of stretching for the end zone, backwards, with the ball now on the three and your team down by 7. Each one of the four points above show us (week-to-week) how the came to London, is about London, not his team.

55308[/snapback]

...and that's why I hate players like Fletcher. He is such an attention seeking whore at the expense of everything else. He may be a good LB but he constantly pisses me off by being a show off. Just play the freaking game and win it.

Spikes suffers from a similar thing - the showing off i mean - but at least he is a consumate pro on the field.

two things:

I didn't see that he was unnecessarily stretching out backwards to get the ball over the goal line - he got popped very hard by a patriot. I don't fault him for that.

The part of the play that annoyed me the most was him getting up and celebrating even after he saw that the ball had crossed the end line. Was he celebrating the fact that the Pat's were getting the ball back? NO. He was celebrating the fact that HE got a fumble recovery for his stats.

I guarantee you that he didn't understand what had just happened - most of the crowd didn't understand that the pats were getting the ball back.

-kicking the football

55308[/snapback]

Fletcher has been penalized for 73 yards this season already...more than 3 times the amount of any other player. I wish he'd just go back to concentrating on racking up lots of tackles 5 yards downfield and leave the penalties to the O-line.