G.W.Bush - The Educator in Chief

PastaJoe

I just heard an interview of Bush in which he says he's acting as the educator-in-chief in giving speeches about "The War on Terror", to educate Americans on how Iraq is the central front of the war, and that his speeches aren't political. Is there anybody left but right-wing ideologues who still think the invasion of Iraq was a war of necessity, and that Iraq was important to the war against terrorism? The vast majority of the violence in Iraq is is between Iraqis who are fighting over domestic and cultural issues; they are not going to attack America if we leave. Bush says, "We have to fight them there so we don't have to fight them here". Even if that was true, what he's admitting by that statement is that he hasn't done his job of securing the borders, and that terrorists will be running throughout the streets of the U.S. attacking us. And now Pakistan, a supposed partner in the war on terror, is considering leaving al Queda and Bin Laden alone if they don't cause any internal problems, and still prohibiting the U.S. from crossing into Pakistan to search. Bush has often said that a country that harbors terrorists was subject to attack, but in this case he won't do anything about a country giving refuge to the person who was responsible for 9/11. Another example of hypocracy. If he is the educator-in-chief, his specialty is fiction.

Hey Joe, How'bout that Plame thingy.  :P

Or is it, " Lets just move on, with more one liners from the media "

How's that crow taste, really? I really want to know?

I hear Katie is looking for a sign off for her show each night. Time to get to work Joe. :doh:

764402[/snapback]

Pre-emptive PastaJoe response: "It is nothing more than a grand conspiracy, perpetuated by Bush and Rove to hide the truth from the American public. Bush should be impeached over this criminal act."

Right or Wrong, he is the president who pushed through education reform for the first time in 50+ years. Something badly needed. Is NCLB the best thing ever, no, but it is a better implementation then the giving of funds to schools with no oversight or control and no criteria for keeping that funding. Now schools have to teach at least some basics and teachers have to be qualified.

Hey Joe, How'bout that Plame thingy.  ;)

Or is it, " Lets just move on, with more one liners from the media "

How's that crow taste, really? I really want to know?

I hear Katie is looking for a sign off for her show each night. Time to get to work Joe. :o

764402[/snapback]

What about Plame? The issue hasn't changed. White House officials released her name. Armatage supposedly did it without political motives, but Rove and Libby also did it with political motives. And Libby lied to a grand jury about his actions.

As far as moving on, the Bush Administration is the master of saying it. Whenever they're challenged about their going to war with Iraq with hyped evidence and their mishandling post-invasion, they say we shouldn't concentrate on the past, we should look to the future. You might get mulligans in golf, but you shouldn't when it costs peoples lives.

What about Plame?  The issue hasn't changed.  White House officials released her name.  Armatage supposedly did it without political motives, but Rove and Libby also did it with political motives.  And Libby lied to a grand jury about his actions. 

As far as moving on, the Bush Administration is the master of saying it.  Whenever they're challenged about their going to war with Iraq with hyped evidence and their mishandling post-invasion,  they say we shouldn't concentrate on the past, we should look to the future.  You might get mulligans in golf, but you shouldn't when it costs peoples lives.

766054[/snapback]

Damn, your knuckles must be bleeding.

Say Hi to Cindy for me.

God, Joe. You really think this way? :w00t:

Please don't slit your wrists....... ;)

Seek help....... :o

Right or Wrong, he is the president who pushed through education reform for the first time in 50+ years.  Something badly needed.  Is NCLB the best thing ever, no, but it is a better implementation then the giving of funds to schools with no oversight or control and no criteria for keeping that funding.  Now schools have to teach at least some basics and teachers have to be qualified.

765798[/snapback]

:doh::D

WTF??... You even have ME confused with this logic. What did you read in PJ's post?

The first part (just part of the main idea) of the first sentence:

"I just heard an interview of Bush in which he says he's acting as the educator-in-chief..."

Then the last sentence:

"If he is the educator-in-chief, his specialty is fiction."

Again... You even have ME confused... :P

Wow! :doh::doh:

That's your response??

Jesus how old are you, 6?

All of you Bush apologists are unf'ing believable.

It was bad enough that you were so gullible in the first place to believe these liars, now YEARS after the fact... you're still supporting them?

Damn, your knuckles must be bleeding.

Say Hi to Cindy for me.

God, Joe. You really think this way? :lol:

Please don't slit your wrists....... :D

Seek help....... :D

766199[/snapback]

That's your response??

Jesus how old are you, 6?

All of you Bush apologists are unf'ing believable.

It was bad enough that you were so gullible in the first place to believe these liars, now YEARS after the fact... you're still supporting them?

768433[/snapback]

You're right, I'm 6.

Thanks for all the help in straightening me out Old Crusty Camel toe. Just saying that makes me gag.

What your point Cottage cheese producer? Besides the smell............