Green Day

Foo Fighters

Counting Crows

Robert Randolph & Family Band

Older ones include a bunch Prog Rock bands

Genesis

Yes

ELP

Just trying to get a feel for what some of you around here think. Try to refrain from Beatles and main stream stuff from early rock 'n' roll.

762762[/snapback]

Just trying to get a feel for what some of you around here think. Try to refrain from Beatles and main stream stuff from early rock 'n' roll.

762762[/snapback]

what do you think ? , you are young , who do you like from years past , who do you like from now ? i never had a favorite . james taylor i like

Favourite Rock Bands....I'm including punk, metal & urban folk/rock....no country, jazz, or pre-rock.

Queen

Beatles(I'm including them since I'll give you a decent list)

They Might Be Giants

Manowar

Beautiful South

Crowded House

Violent Femmes

Billy Bragg

I have fallen in love with a new band called Thrice. Their recent CD, "Vheissu," was inspired after reading Pynchon's first novel "V."

They are a combination of post-modern punk, screamo, and radiohead. A talented and innovative band.

Their web site is http://www6.islandrecords.com/thrice/splash.html

Of course, the best band of all time is Pink Floyd.

Manowar

Wow, didn't think anyone else listened to them but me. :wacko:

"Manowar, manowar, living on the road

When we're in town, speakers explode!"

Ok, some of their stuff is corny, but it's still realy good.

I think these bands are better than Manowar:

Savatage (anything from "Dead Winter Dead" onward)

Dream Theater (everything up to Scenes from a Memory)

Queensryche

Fates Warning (especially "A Pleasant Shade of Gray")

"Manowar, manowar, living on the road

When we're in town, speakers explode!"

762856[/snapback]

It's funny....they pretty much have a "Manowar, Manowar, we are great" song every album.

The lead singers voice(I don't know their names) is magnificent.

Manowar

762837[/snapback]

Featuring the one-and-only Ross the Boss from Westchester. I'm not a fan of Manowar (never got the joke, I guess), but Ross was a founding member of The Dictators and played with Handsome Dick Manitoba's spin-off group, Manitoba's Wild Kingdom. The Dictators were a fabulous NYC punk rock band in the mid-70s, of whom I am a huge fan. Their third LP, Blood Brothers is one of the best rock and roll records of all time.

As for rock and roll in general, The New York Dolls were great. Of course the Ramones would have to top any list. Depends on what you define as "great". I'm too busy to contribute a list that no one will read, anyway.

I don't listen to as much metal as in my younger days, but I have recently gotten back into late 80's era Helloween with Michael Kiske and Kai Hansen. Basically, Keeper of the Seven Keys 1 and 2. The stuff they put out now with that new singer is dreadfull...