Tailgating in Detroit

gmanbfan

Picked up some tickets to see Buffalo at Detroit. I'm very used to tailgating in Orchard Park in the huge lots and was wondering if I could get some feedback from people who have tailgated in Detroit. They sell reserved spots for tailgating in the Eastern Market, has anyone seen this? Has anyone tailgated in the other Pay lots before a lions game?

I can't answer your question, but is Ford field named after the car company or the owner, William Clay Ford (Henry Ford's grandson)?

I wonder b/c if it is the car company then the Ford motor company is paying extra $$ to the Lions at the same time it kind of honors the owners. Seems like sort of a conflict of interest.

Picked up some tickets to see Buffalo at Detroit.  I'm very used to tailgating in Orchard Park in the huge lots and was wondering if I could get some feedback from people who have tailgated in Detroit.  They sell reserved spots for tailgating in the Eastern Market, has anyone seen this?  Has anyone tailgated in the other Pay lots before a lions game?

756377[/snapback]

take your gun

Well, I have never been to Ford Field or Detroit for that matter, but from my experience friday at Soldier field watching the Bears/Cards game, Buy the parking pass. I was on vacation with some friends last week and we had tickets to the game, we were all ready to tailgate when we went to the stadium, the only parking close to the stadium was the pass parking. The cash parking was about a 30 min walk to the stadium into the city. Its kind of weird trying to tailgate in a parking garage so we ended up just walking to the game.

Maybe there are some close parking lots to Ford Field, but if you want to guarantee a spot to tailgate by the stadium, I would buy the reserved parking pass.

Picked up some tickets to see Buffalo at Detroit.  I'm very used to tailgating in Orchard Park in the huge lots and was wondering if I could get some feedback from people who have tailgated in Detroit.  They sell reserved spots for tailgating in the Eastern Market, has anyone seen this?  Has anyone tailgated in the other Pay lots before a lions game?

756377[/snapback]

I'll be there at the game as well (if you meant the 10/15 reg season game). I live here in Detroit. When we go to the games, we also park in the Eastern Market. There is no need to buy a parking pass. You can pay cash when you get there. The fee is pretty high...I believe that it is around $20. This is basically the only place to tailgate in detroit. The rest of the places are basically just parking spots. For the record, tailgating is illegal in Detroit, but is "tolerated" in the Eastern market. There is about a mile walk to the stadium...not too bad. Safety is not an issue during gameday. Don't expect a Buffalo tailgate as Orchard Park is much more of an event than the Lions fans' tailgate...

For the comment re: the Ford Motor Company below, I actually work here at Ford. The Ford family owns the team (and a significant amount of our company). The field roof has our company logo on it. It just makes sense for the team owned by the Ford family to bear the name and company. Keep supporting the car company (for my sake) and the Bills. There are many of us Bills fans working for Ford!

For the comment re: the Ford Motor Company below, I actually work here at Ford. The Ford family owns the team (and a significant amount of our company). The field roof has our company logo on it. It just makes sense for the team owned by the Ford family to bear the name and company. Keep supporting the car company (for my sake) and the Bills. There are many of us Bills fans working for Ford!

756414[/snapback]

Well don't worry about me and supporting them. I own stock and own one of their cars. I have faith in you guys!