Robert Royal

bizell

If I saw the play, I probably would have thought the same thing. Don't take it badly, we live in rude times due to the internet. A TE signed for a big deal because of his blocking should not be pushed back by a "light" defensive end rookie. Sometimes it only takes a few plays to get a gut feel about a player. So when, somebody responds like that, just tell him to STFU.  :D

756249[/snapback]

So you start your post by commenting on the "rude times" we live in and then finish it by giving advice to tell someone to STFU.

Classic.

He may be projected there but he was a 1st rounder at DE.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/423993

And I watched the whole game and he was lining up at LDE with his hand down most of the time.

756286[/snapback]

all the plays i saw him make were when he was standing. i saw from mid-second quarter to fourth. :shrug:

All right first off, I've been pretty happy what I've seen from Royal this preseason; he's a lot better than I thought he was. And second, IMO Wimbley has been the most impressive rookie I've seen play this preseason; he also made a nice strip on Nall. Anyway to put this in context......its one play in the preseason, relax.

Wimbley was a first round draft choice and a very good pass rusher. He was also considered significantly undersized for a DE. Maybe Royal got caught off guard and wasn't expecting Wimbley to show as much talent for rushing the passer as he did. One time I can accept, but Wimbley does not have a weight advantage on Royal and should not be able to consistently beat the athletic Royal in a pass rush. A pattern can get his QB killed and he had better make sure he stays on his toes.