Mike and mike 2 a day

I like Jim Rome.  He's great when he's interviewing someone.  I also like that he doesn't do a show where he has a partner and they pretend to be complete opposites and argue about everything (does anyone like that?). 

756192[/snapback]

Is that a shot at PTI? Cause PTI is ESPN's best show, hands-down.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind when Mike and Mike say 5 wins, because it should be well understood that they don't really know anything, but it really bothers me when some of our members say the same thing. This team could easily have won more games last year with the perfect storm of things going wrong, and is a much better team this year, as good or better at virtually every position.

I will talk to all you 5-11 guys when we win our 6th game of the year, and that won't be the last weekend of the season either.

BTW, putting the @Jets game as a probable loss seems a little far fetched and premature as well.

I'm not a football guru, but try to follow what I can. But a lot of you guys sound like a guy who got his heart broken in high school and is scared to talk to girls anymore because of it. I don't mind different honest appraisals, but there is so much mopey pessimism out there among Bills fans.

Losing does not make you a loser. Expecting and accepting losing makes you a loser.

Go Bills.

These 2 are the absolute worst! I am so glad I got Sirius radio now. I have had it for 2 months and yesterday was in my father's car. I put on ESPN radio to see what I was missing. After 3 minutes of listening to those 2 girls, I enjoyed the rest of my ride in silence! I repeat, these 2 are the absolute worst!

I will talk to all you 5-11 guys when we win our 6th game of the year, and that won't be the last weekend of the season either.

756672[/snapback]

What exactly makes you think this team will win more than 5 games this year? Hey, I want them to win as much as anybody but let's be realistic here. There are new schemes on both sides of the ball. The Bills are breaking in a young QB. The OL, while it looks to be (somewhat) improved from last year, still isn't much to write home about. There is no depth on the OL and there's no way the unit goes all season without a few starters missing some games (this reminds me of the joke in Annie Hall, "The food here is terrible....yeah, and such small portions too.") The best player on the team is coming back from the most devastating injury in sports and there’s no much depth behind him. I would list the DL here as well but I've actually been somewhat impressed by what I've seen of them this pre-season though they’re still a question mark.

If all the stars align I could see this team near .500 but realistically this team is going to struggle mightily for, at least, the first half of the season. There are just too many question marks.

What exactly makes you think this team will win more than 5 games this year? Hey, I want them to win as much as anybody but let's be realistic here.  There are new schemes on both sides of the ball.  The Bills are breaking in a young QB.  The OL, while it looks to be (somewhat) improved from last year, still isn't much to write home about.  There is no depth on the OL and there's no way the unit goes all season without a few starters missing some games (this reminds me of the joke in Annie Hall, "The food here is terrible....yeah, and such small portions too.") The best player on the team is coming back from the most devastating injury in sports and there’s no much depth behind him.  I would list the DL here as well but I've actually been somewhat impressed by what I've seen of them this pre-season though they’re still a question mark.

If all the stars align I could see this team near .500 but realistically this team is going to struggle mightily for, at least, the first half of the season.  There are just too many question marks.

756728[/snapback]

Then place your bet. Vegas says if you bet the Bills will win 5 or less you have about a 20% chance of collecting. Sounds like a good bet to me.

What exactly makes you think this team will win more than 5 games this year? Hey, I want them to win as much as anybody but let's be realistic here.  There are new schemes on both sides of the ball.  The Bills are breaking in a young QB.  The OL, while it looks to be (somewhat) improved from last year, still isn't much to write home about.  There is no depth on the OL and there's no way the unit goes all season without a few starters missing some games (this reminds me of the joke in Annie Hall, "The food here is terrible....yeah, and such small portions too.") The best player on the team is coming back from the most devastating injury in sports and there’s no much depth behind him.  I would list the DL here as well but I've actually been somewhat impressed by what I've seen of them this pre-season though they’re still a question mark.

If all the stars align I could see this team near .500 but realistically this team is going to struggle mightily for, at least, the first half of the season.  There are just too many question marks.

More than last year? Are you serious? :devil:

More than last year?  Are you serious? :devil:

756767[/snapback]

I think the Bills will win 5-6 games this year. You don't install a totally new offense and a totally new defense and have everything working smoothly right off the bat. It just doesn't happen. The only thing that I can see giving the Bills more than 6 wins is if something clicks in Losman's head and he plays lights out. If that doesn't happen we'll have another pick in the top 10.

I think the Bills will win 5-6 games this year.  You don't install a totally new offense and a totally new defense and have everything working smoothly right off the bat.  It just doesn't happen.  The only thing that I can see giving the Bills more than 6 wins is if something clicks in Losman's head and he plays lights out.  If that doesn't happen we'll have another pick in the top 10.

I'd take a totally new offense and defense over what they had LAST year. Talk about dysfunctional! And JP got 2 of those 5 wins, while McGee got one. Frankly I don't think that a whole LOT has to click in JP's head to duplicate 5 wins this year, and easily see them winning at least 6. I'd say more, but I think that even just 6 wins is improvement, given the new coaching regime and schemes.

Is that a shot at PTI? Cause PTI is ESPN's best show, hands-down.

756614[/snapback]

Wow, no it wasn't. But I can see how you would draw that conclusion. I was mainly referring to radio shows with two hosts who pretend to argue because that is brutal to listen to for any length of time.

I like PTI because it moves so fast. It does get annoying when it's obvious that they agreed to disagree about a topic in advance but when that happens it's only 60 seconds until the next topic.

And Baseball Tonight is definitely ESPN's best show.

OK, I didn't hear the show, but I can guess what these two original-thought-less airbags predicted....

PATRIOTS

DOLPHINS

BILLS

JETS

so predictable

756947[/snapback]

In other words: take last season's order of finish. Rinse. Repeat. I think that's the same formula Street & Smith's uses every year.

Hey, that sounds pretty easy. How do I get one of those jobs? :devil:

In other words: take last season's order of finish. Rinse. Repeat. I think that's the same formula Street & Smith's uses every year.

Hey, that sounds pretty easy. How do I get one of those jobs? :devil:

756948[/snapback]

HAHA....Rinse. Repeat. Good Stuff!

every sports show I've listened to has the same predictions, give or take 1 or 2 top teams, and this is for all the Divisions.

Funny, I don't remember seeing Skip anywhere near St. John Fisher, and he obviously didn't see either of KH's scintillating preseason performances that have him closer to #3 -- or perhaps off the roster completely -- than to the starting job. Fer cryin' out loud, Skipper: if you know you'll be covering a certain topic, would it kill you to do FIVE MINUTES worth of research? Maybe put in a call to someone who actually covers the team? (Assuming any of them would talk to him... hmm, maybe I need to rethink that. I've heard he's not exactly the most popular guy in most press boxes...)

756526[/snapback]

OMG, this is an instant classic! I HATE Skip Bayless. Useless doesn't even begin to describe that idjiminit.

OMG, this is an instant classic! I HATE Skip Bayless. Useless doesn't even begin to describe that idjiminit.

756998[/snapback]

Idjiminit nor any word conjured up in the English language can describe the stupidity, arrogance and mental flatulence of Skip Bayless. This is the guy who called for Jimmy Johnson to bench Troy Aikman for Steve Walsh in 1990. He thought the coke-addled Mavericks needed a character guy like JR Rider in 1993. He decided a book in the '90s needed a boost with Troy Aikman-is-gay rumors. And he also recently ripped the wrong Eddie Johnson for being arrested on child molestation charges (it's not the well-known Suns and Sonics player from the 90s, but a 51-year-old has-been who played for the Hawks in the 1990s).

Idjiminit nor any word conjured up in the English language can describe the stupidity, arrogance and mental flatulence of Skip Bayless. This is the guy who called for Jimmy Johnson to bench Troy Aikman for Steve Walsh in 1990. He thought the coke-addled Mavericks needed a character guy like JR Rider in 1993. He decided a book in the '90s needed a boost with Troy Aikman-is-gay rumors. And he also recently ripped the wrong Eddie Johnson for being arrested on child molestation charges (it's not the well-known Suns and Sonics player from the 90s, but a 51-year-old has-been who played for the Hawks in the 1990s).

757209[/snapback]

Credentials like these should scroll at the bottom of the screen when idiots like this give their opinions.