Mike and mike 2 a day

Excellent post. 

Enthusiasm is great.  Blind worship is another.

756132[/snapback]

Actually, for a person who usually makes excellent posts (MDH), this one is not so excellent because MDH (and, by ridiculously myopic and lazy association, you) actually are doing what the original poster complained about: blindly criticizing something without any fact or substance.

As the original poster stated: Greenburgh sounded very ignorant when his he claimed his primary reason for saying the bills would only have 4 wins is that marv levy is old and that a lot of eyebrows were raised when he drafted in the first round. He didn't even say donte whitner's name. ... Greeny didn't even know the guys namehe just knew that it was a controversial pick.

The problem wasn't so much that the guy said we were going to suck, but that he was talking out his ass based on what he heard from someone who thought they heard something about our coach being old and our first pick being a reach.

In reality, the poster is right: sports personalities who talk about topics for which they have no actual knowledge suck the big heinyhole.

And MDH...you were quick to say "oh, look, another 'someone hates us so I hate them' thread and that just isn't the case.

William the Conqueror is just a troll, so you can't blame him for failing to have an original thought of his own.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

William the Conqueror is just a troll, so you can't blame him for failing to have an original thought of his own.

756152[/snapback]

Ahh, yes... might as well attack when someone doesn't agree with you. ;)

Hostility from getting B word-slapped time and again by a divisional rival is something I can at least understand from the bad-old days. :D

While everyone's in the mood to rip Mike and Mike (who I'm OK with) and ESPN, it might also be worth mentioning that the first clip they showed (on the ESPN News simulcast of the show) as they were talking about JP was actually one of Kelly Holcomb throwing the ball.

He sounded pretty substantial to me.

The way i see it. This post is pretty hypocritical.

Is there anything really substantial in your post william?

Ahh, yes... might as well attack when someone doesn't agree with you.  ;)  Hostility from getting B word-slapped time and again by a divisional rival is something I understand.  :D

756163[/snapback]

Ahh, yes... might as well attack when someone doesn't agree with you.  ;)

Hostility from getting B word-slapped time and again by a divisional rival is something I understand from the bad-old days.  :D

756163[/snapback]

It's not that you don't agree with me. I could give a crap about how much you agree with me. It's that you were quick to agree with someone who was obviously wrong, and you did it simply because you had the chance to pile on.

And while I understand the crappy part of being bitchslapped by a divisional rival, I don't give any real credence to Pats fans because most every one of you abandoned your team when you were getting bitchslapped. You only started showing up when the team started winning.

Jim Rome has that title hands down

756090[/snapback]

I like Jim Rome. He's great when he's interviewing someone. I also like that he doesn't do a show where he has a partner and they pretend to be complete opposites and argue about everything (does anyone like that?). Unfortunately for Rome, he gets really repetitive and annoying from time to time.

And while I understand the crappy part of being bitchslapped by a divisional rival, I don't give any real credence to Pats fans because most every one of you abandoned your team when you were getting bitchslapped. You only started showing up when the team started winning.

756174[/snapback]

Hell, half of Boston still think the Patriots play in Fenway Park on Sundays. This town makes me sick.

I only caught the tail end of their bills two a day.

I heard them say that the defense should be a little better, mcgahee could have a big season, but JP is still a huge question mark. Did anyone hear the entire thing?

Anyways Greenburgh, who obviously doesnt have a stitch of credibility, thinks buffalo will go 4-12. Golic thinks 5-11.

Greenburgh sounded very ignorant when his he claimed his primary reason for saying the bills would only have 4 wins is that marv levy is old and that a lot of eyebrows were raised when he drafted in the first round. He didn't even say donte whitner's name. I dunno how whitner will be this season. I happen to think he is going to a pro bowler (eventually) and was exactly what the doctor ordered for the bills season this year. But greeny didn't even know the guys namehe just knew that it was a controversial pick. He is just a hopeless moron.

Golic didn't seem to know much about the team either. So I really dont put a whole lot of stock into what these guys have to say because it doesnt seem like they really bothered to their homework. It would be one thing if they really came out with strong reason for their opinions but these guys rarely ever do that.

I think the bills will at least be 2 wins better than last year. But if they do go 4-12, at least we will have a good draft pick ;=)

756021[/snapback]

I don't think that is out of the question. I think 5 wins is about right. I was thinking about 2 or 3. Good thing is we have a lot more going for us than in 2001. We have the players in place to be improved for next season for a possible playoff berth.

I don't give any real credence to Pats fans because most every one of you abandoned your team when you were getting bitchslapped. You only started showing up when the team started winning.

756174[/snapback]

Ahh, that old chestnut, eh? It's the same everywhere, save for maybe Atlanta and Miami: When teams are good, the attendance is good. When they're bad, attendance is bad. Foxboro's been sold out since '93, including the end of the dreadful Pete Carroll years, and Belichick's first year clearing the garbage that Bobby Grier polluted the roster with. But I'm sure RWS has sold out every game since the Super Bowl run of the 90s, right? Supported the Donahoe Days of Thunder without fail? The Bledsoe experiment? :D

Please. There are real fans of every team; they're not indigenous just to Buffalo.

Ahh, that old chestnut, eh?  It's the same everywhere, save for maybe Atlanta and Miami:  When teams are good, the attendance is good.  When they're bad, attendance is bad.  Foxboro's been sold out since '93, including the end of the dreadful Pete Carroll years, and Belichick's first year clearing the garbage that Bobby Grier polluted the roster with.  But I'm sure RWS has sold out every game since the Super Bowl run of the 90s, right?  Supported the Donahoe Days of Thunder without fail?  The Bledsoe experiment?  :D

Please.  There are real fans of every team; they're not indigenous just to Buffalo.

756274[/snapback]

Atlanta and Miami?

;):lol::lol:

Right, they're the ones who go to the games when the teams are bad.

OK nobody loves the Bills more than I do. I did hear the broadcast on the way to work this morning and I think some of the points mentioned were valid. Based on what we saw last year and the fact that a lot of the players are the same, if you factor in a new head coach with a sketchy win loss record and a new system, I feel they may be right. That's not to say we cant win more games, and I like everything that was done this off season, but until our guys prove otherwise I can see why people who are not Bills fans feel this way about our predicted record. Honestly I was surprised that ESPN radio even talked about our Bills but that doesn't mean they are wrong. The reson people knock the Whitner pick is because there were sexier picks still on the board, but I feel we needed a blue chip saftey and if you are truley addressing need its a good solid pick. Lets hope for the best. Go Bills!!!

I agree 100%. But MDH you are missing the point.

I have absolutely no problem with people picking against the bills.

What i do have a problem with is when they don't give credible reasons for why they will suck.

756151[/snapback]

Actually, after 6 years of pitiful results - people don't need to give any explanation of why they predict we will suck.

The results are in and we will suck until we don't. Maybe this year we won't, but until it plays out - live with the predictions, this organization worked hard to earn them.

Actually, after 6 years of pitiful results - people don't need to give any explanation of why they predict we will suck.

The results are in and we will suck until we don't.  Maybe this year we won't, but until it plays out - live with the predictions, this organization worked hard to earn them.

756328[/snapback]

True enough, although some might note that the Bills finished three of those 6 seasons at .500 or better. Think I'd choose "mediocre" instead of going all the way to "pitiful", but that's just me. (And no, I'm not expecting a playoff-ticket order form to show up in the mailbox this season, either... :D )

My problem isn't so much with the Greenberg/Golic "they've been bad, so they'll continue to be bad" logic, but with the actively ignorant opinions tossed out by idjits like our old buddy Skip Bayless. Case in point, from this morning's thrilling episode of "Cold Pizza" (yes, I actually watch from time to time. Still haven't figured out why):

"Kelly Holcomb will be starting sooner rather than later."

Funny, I don't remember seeing Skip anywhere near St. John Fisher, and he obviously didn't see either of KH's scintillating preseason performances that have him closer to #3 -- or perhaps off the roster completely -- than to the starting job. Fer cryin' out loud, Skipper: if you know you'll be covering a certain topic, would it kill you to do FIVE MINUTES worth of research? Maybe put in a call to someone who actually covers the team? (Assuming any of them would talk to him... hmm, maybe I need to rethink that. I've heard he's not exactly the most popular guy in most press boxes...)

The results are in and we will suck until we don't.  Maybe this year we won't, but until it plays out - live with the predictions, this organization worked hard to earn them.

756328[/snapback]

Man, if only that was the attitude of the Vegas oddsmakers, I'd be able to retire this year.

True enough, although some might note that the Bills finished three of those 6 seasons at .500 or better. Think I'd choose "mediocre" instead of going all the way to "pitiful", but that's just me. (And no, I'm not expecting a playoff-ticket order form to show up in the mailbox this season, either...    :D )

My problem isn't so much with the Greenberg/Golic "they've been bad, so they'll continue to be bad" logic, but with the actively ignorant opinions tossed out by idjits like our old buddy Skip Bayless. Case in point, from this morning's thrilling episode of "Cold Pizza" (yes, I actually watch from time to time. Still haven't figured out why):

"Kelly Holcomb will be starting sooner rather than later."

Funny, I don't remember seeing Skip anywhere near St. John Fisher, and he obviously didn't see either of KH's scintillating preseason performances that have him closer to #3 -- or perhaps off the roster completely -- than to the starting job. Fer cryin' out loud, Skipper: if you know you'll be covering a certain topic, would it kill you to do FIVE MINUTES worth of research? Maybe put in a call to someone who actually covers the team? (Assuming any of them would talk to him... hmm, maybe I need to rethink that. I've heard he's not exactly the most popular guy in most press boxes...)

756526[/snapback]

Can we get a petition going to have Skip change his name to Clueless, Skip. Preparing for a show by downing a bottle of Grey Goose just isn't enough!