The red cross ambulance incident

Chilly

But...but...but...missiles always punch perfectly round, flanged holes in sheet metal! :lol:

Seriously, though...the damage looks generally consistent (I'm not an authority) with a small explosion above the vehicle...which most helicopter-launched munitions could cause. It's not inconceivable that an Israeli helicopter launched a Hellfire (or TOW, or whatever they use) at a vehicle a couple miles away that exploded above the vehicle, peppered it with fragments, and ripped off the roof dome...and hysterical eyewitness accounts of such are more than enough to account for the bogus reporting.

And there's no such thing as a clearly marked anything on the battlefield. Even a great big Red Cross painted on top of a white van can be missed if viewed at an oblique angle from two miles away...

But...but...but...missiles always punch perfectly round, flanged holes in sheet metal!  :lol:

Seriously, though...the damage looks generally consistent (I'm not an authority) with a small explosion above the vehicle...which most helicopter-launched munitions could cause.  It's not inconceivable that an Israeli helicopter launched a Hellfire (or TOW, or whatever they use) at a vehicle a couple miles away that exploded above the vehicle, peppered it with fragments, and ripped off the roof dome...and hysterical eyewitness accounts of such are more than enough to account for the bogus reporting.

And there's no such thing as a clearly marked anything on the battlefield.  Even a great big Red Cross painted on top of a white van can be missed if viewed at an oblique angle from two miles away...

750737[/snapback]

But then how do you account for the rust around the holes? Is accelerated oxidation a side-effect of such attacks?

Can be.  Explosive residue can be corrosive. 

And even beyond that...go key your car, and see how long it takes for the scratches to rust.

750745[/snapback]

Then why aren't all exposed metal areas rusted? Especially the tiny "shrapnel" scars?

Well the whole...I'm ok, but then several hours later I need my head bandaged thing is pretty fishy.....that ambulance wasn't struck with a missile, even a half pound of high explosives would have ripped that vehicle open, much less a missile

Which thing, the link or the rockets?

Not sure which one you are saying is propoganda.

750787[/snapback]

The rocket/missle incident, obviously.

You can call the guy a right-winger if you want, but that doesn't invalidate his arguments.

You can call the guy a right-winger if you want, but that doesn't invalidate his arguments.

751392[/snapback]

I have no problem with his arguments, not sure where you got that from.

It's not surprising that the terrorists understand propaganda and how to manipulate the media. What is surprising is how quick the western media is to believe everything they say.

There was an even funnier example of fake/staged pictures (actually there were tons) - in one picture two guys are standing on top of some rubble in Lebanon. In another picture it's the same two guys in the same rubble but this time one is pretending to be dead and the other is pretending to pull the "body" from the rubble. I'll try to find the link.

EDIT:

Here's the link about the guy who "played dead." It's also from Zombie Time but the pictures speak for themselves. You don't need to read anything, just check out the pictures about 2/3 of the way down the page about the NYT August 8 edition.

Reuters Photo Fraud

751392[/snapback]

It doesn't necessarily invalidate his arguments but I find it harder to accept things at face value when the author is so obviously biased (just check out some of the other stories on zombie.com). I'm no expert on damage caused by missiles so how should I know whether or not it's impossible that the damage to the ambulance was caused by a missile or not? Is every single vehicle hit by a missile totalled as suggested by the other photos the site displays, or does the damage vary? Because of the inherent bias of the site it is quite possible that he has just cherry picked photos to back up his case and left out ones that might cast doubt upon it. And who is the author anyway? Does he/she have any expertise in this area or is it some teenage geek writing from their bedroom? The monkey has suggested a few alternate theories, maybe there are others.

Maybe the whole thing was a hoax - I don't know. I'd just like to see some analysis done by someone without an obvious axe to grind before making a judgement.

Maybe the whole thing was a hoax - I don't know. I'd just like to see some analysis done by someone without an obvious axe to grind before making a judgement.

751433[/snapback]

So you didn't immediately condemn the Israelis when the story of the ambulance attack first broke, for the same reasons? Did you read the stories and immediately think to yourself "Gee, there has to be another side to the story..."?

So you didn't immediately condemn the Israelis when the story of the ambulance attack first broke, for the same reasons?  Did you read the stories and immediately think to yourself "Gee, there has to be another side to the story..."?

751458[/snapback]

I (perhaps naively) believed the multiple media reports of the incident.

Because they fit your own skewed political views of the region?  And that makes you different from the cited website's author how?

751501[/snapback]

Because AP & Reuters are staffed with honest reporters with no biases or axes to grind. There is absolutely no reason in the world they should make stuff up, nor use a dubious original story to fabricate a snowball news event.

Because they fit your own skewed political views of the region?  And that makes you different from the cited website's author how?

751501[/snapback]

Because I haven't got an article on a website to analyze the incident in minute detail and am not being quoted (to the best of my knowledge) as evidence by other people.