My observations from attending the game

stevewin

- Haven't seen any update - please tell me Matt Bowen's injury isn't serious. My first thought as he was carted off the field was "!@#$ - what hell spawn fate could keep !@#$ing Coy Wire on this roster" - I pray Bowen is OK

- The "Panther's Lair" - where one can "Join the TopCats, Sir Purr and radio personalities as you warm up your voice to cheer the Panthers on to victory. Enjoy face painting, interactive games, and sponsor giveaways and win great prizes, including tickets to Panthers home games! " is probably the lamest celebratory festivity I've ever attended - rivaled only by the "The Catwalk". While in "The Lair" I was accosted by 'Sir Purr' while participating in the football throw - which was recorded by a local TV station. They then asked me for an interview - but I declined. Just wasn't into it - perhaps it was the disappointment in "The Lair" that just rendered me too apathetic to even describe my Bills love to the local media.

- Kind of surprising how non-hot so many professional cheerleaders are - esp when you see them up close....

- There were *way* fewer Bills fans than I expected

- Best Buffalo-related things I saw tonight - 1) a #11 jersey where someone had taped 'ROSC' over 'BLEDS' w/ masking tape ;) , and 2) someone proudly sporting the Lief Larson jersey :D

- The worst position on our team is QB

- Since I've seen him at camp - I'm rooting for Aiken. It will be a real shame if he doesn't make this roster

- I had to laugh and told my kids - here it is pre-season in the 4th quarter where 4th stringers and journeymen are trying like hell to make a roster and there is our potential 1st string QB playing...

- 22 rows up doesn't sound like a lot - but after 4 or 5 beer runs that's a workout. Along the same lines - the 'ramp' method of transporting humanity to the upper deck I think adds about a mile and a half to your journey. Reminded me of going up to The Orange in the Aud (x4)

- Didn't really get to focus too closely on individual players. I tried to watch the DTs a little bit - McGargo and Tripplett did look quick to me, but sometimes I think they took themselves out of the play. The other thing I noticed that w/ the whole thing made of the "1 technique" and "3 technique" position - the DTs switch around a lot and seem interchangeable to me as it relates to the specific "technique" position. I have to say - the few times I had Kyle Williams in my sights he disappointed me. I was surprised how he got pushed around some of the times I watched him. He did have a good 2nd effort play in the 1st half where it looked like he just got buried but then at least he got back up and made the play. Matt Morgan got schooled on one of JPs sacks - I was surprised that I've seen some positive comments from Chris Brown on him from camp - when I saw him at camp he was not impressive to me.

- We got to the stadium early and the first beer I got there was a skunk beer - not sure if the taps/lines just never got cleaned or what. I actually dumped the beer while watching warm-ups when I just couldn't force myself to drink it. Oh - the humanity!

- Thank God it's only pre-season!

- There were *way* fewer Bills fans than I expected

Good observation. That's because alot is expected of the Panthers this year and instead of selling the PSL's Panthers fans are actually going to the game. When the Bills played on a Sunday night here in 1998 with Flutie there were a ton of Bills fans. Of course the Panthers stunk.

And yes Stevewin is right about the lame atmosphere.

Good observation. That's because alot is expected of the Panthers this year and instead of selling the PSL's Panthers fans are actually going to the game. When the Bills played on a Sunday night here in 1998 with Flutie there were a ton of Bills fans. Of course the Panthers stunk.

And yes Stevewin is right about the lame atmosphere.

742064[/snapback]

This was both my kids' first pro football game - and I do understand and take into consideration that it was just a preseason game so the atmosphere for Carolina wasn't exactly in top form, but in Oct. I'll be taking my son to RWS for the Minn. game which will be his first trip there. I turned to him at the beginning of the game and said "When we go up to Buffalo the crowd will be a lot different" and he just looked at me earnestly and responded "I know" - like *of course* it will be!

- Haven't seen any update - please tell me Matt Bowen's injury isn't serious.  My first thought as he was carted off the field was "!@#$ - what hell spawn fate could keep !@#$ing Coy Wire on this roster" - I pray Bowen is OK

- Thank God it's only pre-season!

742059[/snapback]

It was announced on TV via the game coverage on the Bills TV Network (Tasker and Gus Johnson) that Bowen was X-rayed and the results were negative (a good thing meaning there is no bone break). They laid the non-specific title on it that it was a lower leg injury but there was no time unable to play mentioned (as would be expected as generally any swelling must go down before a more accurate sodt tissue diagnosis and assessment can be done.

It was announced on TV via the game coverage on the Bills TV Network (Tasker and Gus Johnson) that Bowen was X-rayed and the results were negative (a good thing meaning there is no bone break).  They laid the non-specific title on it that it was a lower leg injury but there was no time unable to play mentioned (as would be expected as generally any swelling must go down before a more accurate sodt tissue diagnosis and assessment can be done.

742093[/snapback]

Just as long as it isn't a "high ankle sprain"...

Don't kid yourself, Wire will NOT be starting at SS if Marv and Dick want to win any games at all this season. If he does, you know Coy's got some dirty nasty ace sheet of both of them in the janitor's closet or something. *puke*