It was a bad day to go to camp today...

I figured today would have been a great day to go to Training Camp today. It was a late afternoon session and the players were wearing full pads. Apparently other fans felt the same way. It was pretty packed today. But I was wrong. The Bills practiced on the grass field and in front of all the VIP people the entire practice!!! :D

This was the view that I and most other people saw.... :lol:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums...oto015%7E30.jpg

Or if you zoom in....

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums...oto016%7E31.jpg

I saw some things, but didn't get anything specific. From what I did happen to see, (wish I brought some binoculars), the offense looked putrid. The defensive line was getting a ton of pressure on both QBs and the WRs were dropping passes. Both QBs looked terrible too. I even saw Holcomb grab the WRs and chew them out. Losman screamed a few times too.

Oh another thing...the starting offensive line, except Chris Villarrial....plus Duke Preston ran sprints after practice!

I did find out later on that the reason why the players practiced over there was because their families were there. That makes sense, but still....throw us a freaking bone. At least give us a decent view to see some of the 11-on-11 drills. :lol:

Wow. Great Job with the photos and captions. Didn't look like your seats were that bad.

[bTW - After seeing the photos I signed up for an account at Bills Zone and tried to use your user name as a referrer but it kept rejecting it. I'll follow up with them if it gains you user space or trinkets of some kind.]

Wow. Great Job with the photos and captions.  Didn't look like your seats were that bad. 

[bTW -  After seeing the photos I signed up for an account at Bills Zone and tried to use your user name as a referrer but it kept rejecting it.  I'll follow up with them if it gains you user space or trinkets of some kind.]

735925[/snapback]

Thanks man. My screen name on BillsZone is Mikey82. That's why it didn't work. :lol:

Glad to see Matt Bowen and I go to the same barber.  He simply has a dashing hair style IMHO.

Thanks Mike.

735926[/snapback]

:lol::D

No problem. :P

I was at camp yesterday and fortunate to be in the vip section to see the Bills without the need for mike's zoom lens. Here are some thoughts:

1. anyone that wasn't in the VIP area really didn't miss a whole lot. They did some individual work like hb/fb's hitting the sleds (of which willis impressed me with his ferocity) and the oline doing some basic drills with mcnally (gibson and peters are imposing specimens -- would love to see gibson work out).

2. Defense looks really really quick. They were flying around the field in the 11/11(team) sessions. I think the new attacking style of defense has certainly been illustrated in camp -- i'm not sure about how effective we will be at stopping the run -- but our quys will certainly be quicker at reaching the ball carrier (hopefully not after he blows past our line up the middle).

3. Qb's (two observations): 1) Holcomb was warming up by taking snaps from fowler (our presumed starting center) while JP took snaps from someone else -- not sure if this means anything -- but it gave me an indication that Holcomb is somehow the more credible starter and not JP. 2) during 11/11 -- neither QB was good. Holcomb looked more poised (sighhhhhhh) than JP. More times than not Holcomb went for the safety/dump off pass and got a completion whereas JP seemed to look downfield more and either a) made an incompletion b) took too long or c) didn't make a good throw.

Here's hoping there is more progress in the weeks to come with our QB's -- but color me as worried about our QB situation in the meantime (and I am really pulling for JP to be "the guy").