Die Hard: The Video

SilverNRed

Right on. Best action flick ever.

#2 sucked pretty badly (in the same vain of the second "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in that they went WAY over the top), but #3 was pretty good. I'll be front and center for #4.

735848[/snapback]

IMO all 3 of them pretty much kicked ass

Man, I must be in the minority (at least compared to you and AJ).  I liked #2 better than #3.  At least we all agree on #4 :lol:

735853[/snapback]

It's been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember being pretty disappointed by it. I didn't hate it as much as I hated the second Matrix film, but I know I enjoyed "vengance" a lot more.

So which trilogy was better, Die Hard or Terminator?

735888[/snapback]

Die Hard, by far.

I agree with Darin that Die Hard is the greatest action movie of all-time. (This comes up from time to time.) If you think about it, Die Hard basically shaped the genre from that point on. How many other movies can change the whole genre? The Godfather is one of the few that comes to mind.

I really like both sequels. Neither is as good as the original but both are entertaining as all hell.

And I love this music video. I love that they made Reginald Veljohnson's character a part of each verse, right before the chorus.

"And with a little help from Allen, John McClane kicked AAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"

"And with a little help from Allen, Holly's plane could LAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNDDD!"

"He didn't get any help from Allen, but only in part THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

:lol:

As a Trilogy, I'll definitely throw my vote toward Ahhhnold and the Terminator. IMO, all three movies were strong. I was skeptical about the last installment, but not only did I enjoy it, it actually received some critical acclaim. Of the six films, I'd give the nod to the original Die Hard as the best of the bunch, with the original Terminator a step behind.

1. Die Hard

2. The Terminator

3. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

4. Terminator 3

5. Die Hard with a Vengance

6. Die Hard 2

As a Trilogy, I'll definitely throw my vote toward Ahhhnold and the Terminator. IMO, all three movies were strong. I was skeptical about the last installment, but not only did I enjoy it, it actually received some critical acclaim. Of the six films, I'd give the nod to the original Die Hard as the best of the bunch, with the original Terminator a step behind.

1. Die Hard

2. The Terminator

3. Terminator 2: Judgment Day

4. Terminator 3

5. Die Hard with a Vengance

6. Die Hard 2

736004[/snapback]

My turn:

1. Die Hard

2. Die Hard 2

3. The Terminator

4. Terminator 3