now THAT was NOT Drew's fault

todd

No doubt - that O line might as well be a turnstile when there's a big play on the line

Not that Drew's perfect his short game is not his strong suit - he can toss it like a laser beam at 30-50 yards, but ask him to "touch" it in for 5 yards with a soft throw... well, its not pretty

that's especially so when Defenses are keying on the short pass - Drew needs to use the long pass to set up the short game - not vice versa like other QBs

So what does your coach do? Mandates the short game first and foremost - I still can't figure out why. Now team Ds are totally keying on the short game, making it even harder for him and harder to run

if there's a method to this madness I'd like to know what the coaches are thinking - they've got one of the best long ball arms in football and hardly let him use it

But there's reason to hope, as they did let him toss it long on a few occasions today

what was Phily's record last year at this time - anyone recall?

No doubt about it. A guy came in unblocked. Poor playcall, poor execution, no bocking.

53967[/snapback]

A lineman pulled right when the play went left, and Brushi was free to go. I'm glad SOMEONE else realizes that Drew didn't lose this game.

But it's the popular thing to do...and it's easy.

Anyone who solely blames DB for this loss is clueless.  Again, he wasn't perfect, but he was hardly the reason they lost.  People need to pull their head out of their arse.

54165[/snapback]

He did not win the game either. The season is over. Why not see if Mathews can be a decent QB with this team for next year?

He did not win the game either. The season is over. Why not see if Mathews can be a decent QB with this team for next year?

54288[/snapback]

You really need to get a clue. Drew looked pretty damn good this game. Made some huge throws and handled the pressure well. He only really made one truly bad throw that I saw and that was the overthrow to the TE. The pic was a mix up. Drew looked good today. The offensive line sucks, bad and even so we were still in the game until late. Penalties killed us today and so did that stevestojan blowing the whistle before the end of the play when Dillon fumbled again.... That play led to their go ahead touchdown. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Referees....

54288[/snapback]

It's Drew fault we let them score on the first drive? Is it also Drew's fault that we were offsides on a FG and let them take 7?