So Liberals...

Man, some of his post are a riot.  The discussion about the MIT drama professor that proved the Big Bang lasted six days and not 15 billion years was a hoot.  :rolleyes:

You obviously didn't understand my posts. What a surprise.

First off, nobody is arguing that the Big Bang lasted 15 billion years. Most scientists feel the age of the universe may be 15 billion years, but the Big Bang itself lasted for a very small amout of time. Secondly, an event that takes 15 billion years from the perspective of someone on earth will take less time from the perspective of someone moving near the speed of light. This isn't some kook's weird idea; it's part of the special theory of relativity.

Thirdly, it wasn't an MIT drama professor. The only one creating artificial drama in this situation is you.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realized, that while reading these posts, we need to have a post of classic Kurt for all to enjoy.

Kurt on Microsoft:

What, specifically, has Microsoft contributed to the market? It has done two things: dis-unified the OS market from the software and hardware markets; promoting competition in the latter two. It has also created a standardized OS and standardized office suite; thereby putting price pressure on everyone else in the market--Intel, Dell, etc.

Microsoft's presence is becoming increasingly unnecessary. Yes, the computer industry seeks standardization; especially for the OS. But for servers, the standard is increasingly becoming Linux. If consumers are lucky, the Linux standard will spread from the server market to the home PC market.

Kurt on Tom:

That's a pretty broad statement, and it's not clear what exactly you're disputing. The NY Times admits the Soviets engaged in genocide, and that the paper denied the genocide took place. If you're as familiar with history as you claim, you'll know that FDR's foreign policy was consistently pro-Soviet, and that Truman didn't engage in even "moderate" anti-communism until put under pressure from the Republican right. Lenin himself saw liberals as "useful idiots."

Based on your signature and on some of the comments you've made, you seem to think that this discussion is beneath you, and that anyone who disagrees with any opinion you've formed must be an imbecile. Typical liberal arrogance.

Kurt using statistics:

Under Bush, roughly 130 million people were moved from various dictatorships to democracy. Of those 130 million, let's say that about half would have preferred the old forms of government, and half like the new forms better. Those two sides of the equation cancel each other out, leading to a net of zero liberations. That's also the net for the first Iraq War, because things were merely restored to the pre-19th province way of being.

Kurt on Television:

Stuff like this is why people are losing trust in the media. In fact, television is losing young people in general: the average television viewer is over the age of 50.

Kurt on Washington, DC:

The main problem with that idea is that neither the city nor the district are good enough to be worthy of that kind of name. Too high a murder rate, and too many government workers.

Kurt on Abu Ghraib:

What disturbed me about these tactics was that they were trying to break down people's religious beliefs. WWII anti-Nazi propaganda was later broadened to a general attack on Western Civilization. This attack on the Muslim religion, if successful, will be broadened to an attack on all religions.

And of course, everyone's all time favorite, Kurt on Justices in the US:

Allowing interracial marriage wasn't a case of protecting individual rights. It was a judicial elite imposing a racial agenda upon an unwilling American populace.

Ooooh I forgot one, Kurt on American society:

To someone who has grown up influenced by the propaganda of the decadent media and academia, my post indeed looks stupid. Any time you step outside of a particular worldview, those trapped within it will often see you as stupid or worse.

You obviously didn't understand my posts.  What a surprise.

First off, nobody is arguing that the Big Bang lasted 15 billion years.  Most scientists feel the age of the universe may be 15 billion years, but the Big Bang itself lasted for a very small amout of time.  Secondly, an event that takes 15 billion years from the perspective of someone on earth will take less time from the perspective of someone moving near the speed of light.  This isn't some kook's weird idea; it's part of the special theory of relativity.   

Thirdly, it wasn't an MIT drama professor.  The only one creating artificial drama in this situation is you.

744748[/snapback]

And I explained it to you: although special relativity dicatates that time dialation will occur, it breaks down for the Big Bang because 1) there's no objective basis for choosing what is in fact an arbitrary frame-of-reference, and 2) the scale of the Big Bang was such that special relativity cannot fully describe conditions, but must include quantum mechanics, and no one has yet successfully merged quantum mechanics with special relativity. But you ignored the explanation of a published physicist (namely: myself), rather preferring the theological discussions of a drama trustee (you're right, he's not even a professor) at MIT.

This is because, as I've said, you're a !@#$ing idjimit. You can't even discuss the topic...because you're a !@#$ing idjimit. All you can do is say "Mr. Potato Head knows more than you, because the initials 'MIT' occur somewhere in his curriculum vitae!"...because you're a !@#$ing idjimit.

I realized, that while reading these posts, we need to have a post of classic Kurt for all to enjoy.

Like me or hate me, I stand by every word. The world would be better off if Windows was replaced by Linux, if the pro-mixed marriage judicial activism hadn't taken place, and if people paid less attention to narrow minded ideological bullies such as Monkeyface.

Like me or hate me, I stand by every word.  The world would be better off if Windows was replaced by Linux, if the pro-mixed marriage judicial activism hadn't taken place, and if people paid less attention to narrow minded ideological bullies such as Monkeyface.

744824[/snapback]

CTM is a bully?

You feel threatened by him?

:rolleyes::w00t:B-)

Like me or hate me, I stand by every word.  The world would be better off if Windows was replaced by Linux, if the pro-mixed marriage judicial activism hadn't taken place, and if people paid less attention to narrow minded ideological bullies such as Monkeyface.

744824[/snapback]

pro-mixed marriage judicial activism and narrow minded ideological bullies in the same sentence? There is a little extra step in your gestalt :rolleyes:

But you ignored the explanation of a published physicist (namely: myself), rather preferring the theological discussions of a drama trustee (you're right, he's not even a professor) at MIT. 

This is because, as I've said, you're a !@#$ing idjimit.  You can't even discuss the topic...because you're a !@#$ing idjimit.  All you can do is say "Mr. Potato Head knows more than you, because the initials 'MIT' occur somewhere in his curriculum vitae!"...because you're a !@#$ing idjimit.

744813[/snapback]

If you don't like being ignored, I'd suggest adopting a more respectful tone. I'd also suggest a little more honesty: Schroeder earned a B.S., M.S., and PhD. in physics from MIT; yet you make it seem like his only expertise is in drama. I know you like questioning the intellectual potential or competence of anyone who disagrees with you, but in this case doing so compromised your own credibility. Had you begun by showing a little respect for Dr. Schroeder's right to participate in a physics discussion, your subsequent objections to his ideas would have come across as a little more reasonable.

Speaking of Dr. Schroeder, the back flap of the book describes how he moved to the Weizmann Institute in Israel, and how he's pursuing a study of Genesis in the original Hebrew. It ends by mentioning he lives in Jerusalem. In other words, he may as well have a big neon sign over him that reads, "I'm Jewish. Really Jewish."

Suppose that you're correct in labeling me a Nazi. Shouldn't a Nazi ignore a Jew's writings about a controversial subject such as the intersection between physics and religion? Why should a Nazi put money in the pocket of a Jewish author? Why should a Nazi start a thread promoting ideas he learned from a Jew? And why, on the one hand, are you calling me a Nazi out of one side of your mouth, while complaining that I'm too easily taken in by a Jewish man out of the other?

If you don't like being ignored, I'd suggest adopting a more respectful tone.  I'd also suggest a little more honesty: Schroeder earned a B.S., M.S., and PhD. in physics from MIT;

744850[/snapback]

All that, and he played piano and had the affection of Lucy van Pelt.

CTM is a bully?

You feel threatened by him?

:rolleyes:  :w00t:  B-)

Yes, CTM does his best to use all the bullying tactics available to him. I never said I felt threatened by him, but I appreciate your effort to put words in my mouth.

If I felt threatened by CTM, I would have backed down once he started his namecalling.

Yes, CTM does his best to use all the bullying tactics available to him.  I never said I felt threatened by him, but I appreciate your effort to put words in my mouth.

If I felt threatened by CTM, I would have backed down once he started his namecalling.

744865[/snapback]

Don't worry, the fact that you used the term Bully is proof enough.

And why, on the one hand, are you calling me a Nazi out of one side of your mouth, while complaining that I'm too easily taken in by a Jewish man out of the other?

744850[/snapback]

Amon Goeth: They cast a spell on you, you know, the Jews. When you work closely with them, like I do, you see this. They have this power. It's like a virus. Some of my men are infected with this virus.

If you don't like being ignored, I'd suggest adopting a more respectful tone.  I'd also suggest a little more honesty: Schroeder earned a B.S., M.S., and PhD. in physics from MIT; yet you make it seem like his only expertise is in drama.  I know you like questioning the intellectual potential or competence of anyone who disagrees with you, but in this case doing so compromised your own credibility.  Had you begun by showing a little respect for Dr. Schroeder's right to participate in a physics discussion, your subsequent objections to his ideas would have come across as a little more reasonable.

Speaking of Dr. Schroeder, the back flap of the book describes how he moved to the Weizmann Institute in Israel, and how he's pursuing a study of Genesis in the original Hebrew.  It ends by mentioning he lives in Jerusalem.  In other words, he may as well have a big neon sign over him that reads, "I'm Jewish.  Really Jewish."

He hasn't published a single physics paper in any sort of reputable journal. I have several. If I say the physics is wrong, and Schroeder disagrees, I am the more credible source. He is wrong. His theory is unmitigated bull sh--, for the reasons I have already shared - and you've ignored in your breathtaking narrow-mindedness - repeatedly.

Suppose that you're correct in labeling me a Nazi.  Shouldn't a Nazi ignore a Jew's writings about a controversial subject such as the intersection between physics and religion?  Why should a Nazi put money in the pocket of a Jewish author?  Why should a Nazi start a thread promoting ideas he learned from a Jew?  And why, on the one hand, are you calling me a Nazi out of one side of your mouth, while complaining that I'm too easily taken in by a Jewish man out of the other?

744850[/snapback]

I think the more important question is: how is a Nazi like yourself so easily taken in by a Jewish theologist. The answer, I think, is clear: you're a dumbass.

He hasn't published a single physics paper in any sort of reputable journal.  I have several.  If I say the physics is wrong, and Schroeder disagrees, I am the more credible source.  He is wrong.  His theory is unmitigated bull sh--, for the reasons I have already shared - and you've ignored in your breathtaking narrow-mindedness - repeatedly.

I think the more important question is: how is a Nazi like yourself so easily taken in by a Jewish theologist.  The answer, I think, is clear: you're a dumbass.

You have a gift for combining pseudo-intellectualism with trying to be macho.

Don't worry, the fact that you used the term Bully is proof enough.

744868[/snapback]

Hey, maybe your natural instinct when confronted by a bully is to run away. I can forgive you for assuming everyone else is the same way.

My instinctive response to bullying is to punch the bully in the jaw.