Anyword on the full pad session today?

Another thing: Eric Bassey CB (43) appears to be doing a fine job.

Spikes is in tremendous shape. He is taking part in very little. One thing I did notice was that in a LB drill where the LB has to lunge one direction or the other to break up a pass, Spikes was getting there today while Saturday he wasn't. I take that as a distinct positive.

Particularly if they're on the goal line.  Take him out, and pass it to the fullback.

732381[/snapback]

You know what might work at the goalline? If you think about it? Having your QB half-ass fake like the play is a quarterback sneak and then stop, wait a full second while the rush is on him, and then throw an overhand lateral to the RB sprinting to the sidelines with no one blocking for him. But make sure the back flares our rather than swings out because you don't want to risk ruining the surprise by it being a forward pass instead of a lateral that can be recovered and run back for a score or bounce OB for a six yard loss.

Most of the pressure I saw was coming up the middle. But to be fair - there were many, rapid fire subsitutions on the lines and it was hard to keep track of the interior linemen numbers. one blitz that I remember seeing work was London Fletcher up inside the guard.

McCargo, Anderson, Tripplet were not standing out as much as Ryan Denney... he made at least three "soft" tackles on running plays.

Oh - and the running game itself seemed to do much better going right over Peters than left over Gandy.

I'm really surprised no one has picked up on the McGahee deal though - he looked more than winded... he seemed to be really dealing poorly with the tempo and heat of the day. A few folks even said out loud that Willis was supposed to like "Miami-like" heat! At one point - he was the only player (out of almost 90) who was on one knee.

I'm looking forward to the pre-season games though - we've got alot of "talent" that needs to see some game ation before we make our line-up choices.

You know what might work at the goalline? If you think about it? Having your QB half-ass fake like the play is a quarterback sneak and then stop, wait a full second while the rush is on him, and then throw an overhand lateral to the RB sprinting to the sidelines with no one blocking for him. But make sure the back flares our rather than swings out because you don't want to risk ruining the surprise by it being a forward pass instead of a lateral that can be recovered and run back for a score or bounce OB for a six yard loss.

Ah, the wit and wisdom of the Mularkey playbook. Fun when it worked, not so much when it didn't.

Thanks to Mike32282, AJ, ElMarko and the rest of our camp 'correspondents'...

I'm really surprised no one has picked up on the McGahee deal though - he looked more than winded... he seemed to be really dealing poorly with the tempo and heat of the day.  A few folks even said out loud that Willis was supposed to like "Miami-like" heat!  At one point - he was the only player (out of almost 90) who was on one knee.

Could be any number of factors. And it's the first time it's happened. If it continues...

Particularly if they're on the goal line.  Take him out, and pass it to the fullback.

732381[/snapback]

What's wrong with taking a knee or throwing it out of bounds? Those are legitimate plays too, nes pas? Oh, what a bunch of Mularkey we've been through.