Federal judge rules NFL patdowns unconstitutional

If it always took 5 seconds, no one would really be complaining. It would be the same as security at any event.

732655[/snapback]

Like traveling on a plane. Its such an inconvenience to be checked before boarding a plane. Where's the ACLU when I need them to protect my civil rights.

:D

I live in Tampa and the guy that brought the suit is a civics teacher at a local high school who's really proud of himself. My impression is security isn't even an issue here, his motive was simply to protest against anything dealing with terrorism security concerns. He brags to the local paper and teaches his class "civil disobedience," so you can get the picture.

If the NFL was really serious about these pat downs, they would state no team could play if pat downs didn't occur, much like if you don't got through the medal detector at the airport. It'll never happen and the NFL is simply covering its butt in case something happens.

Either the NFL needs to get serious and install medal detectors and make the search a necessary part of admittance...stated on the ticket...or simply drop these pat downs. They're going to get challenged in every area by the ACLU or some other red-diaper-doper-baby organization.

but I have never earned any medals, so i could never get into places :devil::blush::D:D

I live in Tampa and the guy that brought the suit is a civics teacher at a local high school who's really proud of himself.  My impression is security isn't even an issue here, his motive was simply to protest against anything dealing with terrorism security concerns.  He brags to the local paper and teaches his class "civil disobedience," so you can get the picture.

If the NFL was really serious about these pat downs, they would state no team could play if pat downs didn't occur, much like if you don't got through the medal detector at the airport.  It'll never happen and the NFL is simply covering its butt in case something happens.

Either the NFL needs to get serious and install medal detectors and make the search a necessary part of admittance...stated on the ticket...or simply drop these pat downs.  They're going to get challenged in every area by the ACLU or some other red-diaper-doper-baby organization.

733657[/snapback]

I live in Tampa and the guy that brought the suit is a civics teacher at a local high school who's really proud of himself.  My impression is security isn't even an issue here, his motive was simply to protest against anything dealing with terrorism security concerns.  He brags to the local paper and teaches his class "civil disobedience," so you can get the picture.

If the NFL was really serious about these pat downs, they would state no team could play if pat downs didn't occur, much like if you don't got through the medal detector at the airport.  It'll never happen and the NFL is simply covering its butt in case something happens.

Either the NFL needs to get serious and install medal detectors and make the search a necessary part of admittance...stated on the ticket...or simply drop these pat downs.  They're going to get challenged in every area by the ACLU or some other red-diaper-doper-baby organization.

733657[/snapback]

In the video CNN had posted there was an interview with him. He actually broke down crying as he said "if I have to be the one to do this, I'll do it".

Like traveling on a plane. Its such an inconvenience to be checked before boarding a plane. Where's the ACLU when I need them to protect my civil rights.

:blush:

732942[/snapback]

What airports are YOU flying in? I"ve never been patted down at an airport. :devil:

And yes, there have been issues raised when people are brought aside for "special screening" - not to mention with the whole "no fly list."

CW

733657[/snapback]

Yes, he SHOULD be proud of himself for helping stop the erosion of civil liberties.

But I suppose you'd be posting that Rosa Parks shouldn't have sat down on the bus as well, wouldn't you? Don't rock the boat. :devil:

Jesus.Yeah.

I'd better stay home from now on because there is always a possibility I could be mowed down  by a car as I'm crossing the street......

Inscribed on a plaque in the stairwell of the pedestal of the Statue of Liberty:

“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”    - Benjamin Franklin

732505[/snapback]

Yeah, those guys back then made a lot of sense, didn't they? It seems we don't have politicians with that kind of common-sense. That's why they don't want our kids to learn that history in schools anymore...they might catch on.

Here's the problem once again...it's called political correctness...the true state of mental disorder. If we didn't have to worry about racial profiling to accomodate the ACLU, we wouldn't have to pat down Grandpa and Grandma and their grandchildren, plus the blonde Swedish Couple Sven and Gwen.

My point is public events are clearly a targeting opportunity for terrorists. Whether they will do it or not is the job for intelligence to find out so we are forwarned. The NFL, for whatever reason, decided to institute checks.

If the NFL is going to require security checks, they need to do things like put in metal detectors, etc, and dictate the game won't go on unless there are comprehesive screenings. These pat downs are a joke in the name of security. That is aside from the civil liberties arguments, which I understand, but disagree with in this case.

If you are on the side of "stopping the erosion of civil liberties," then I'm going to assume when a terrorist attack occurs in a mall, stadium, or other public place, you will not sue a corporation, etc, when the postmortem takes place because they didn't take appropriate measures. Look at what happened after Sept 11 and the Victim's Fund. That was set up purely to stop the airlines, Port Authority, etc from being sued.

To tie this back to the Bills, I remember getting patted down for years at Rich Stadium, but it was to stop bottles and cans from being brought in...no one seem to give a care back then. Not sure why this is different than it being an NFL mandate.

But I suppose you'd be posting that Rosa Parks shouldn't have sat down on the bus as well, wouldn't you?  Don't rock the boat. <_<

733914[/snapback]

This particular quote is apples and oranges. To fight against generations of discrimination is different than trying to stop a security patdown.

To tie this back to the Bills, I remember getting patted down for years at Rich Stadium, but it was to stop bottles and cans from being brought in...no one seem to give a care back then.  Not sure why this is different than it being an NFL mandate.

734454[/snapback]

I was going to say the same thing, along with the hundreds of concerts I've gone to.

My point is public events are clearly a targeting opportunity for terrorists.  Whether they will do it or not is the job for intelligence to find out so we are forwarned.  The NFL, for whatever reason, decided to institute checks.

If the NFL is going to require security checks, they need to do things like put in metal detectors, etc, and dictate the game won't go on unless there are comprehesive screenings.  These pat downs are a joke in the name of security.  That is aside from the civil liberties arguments, which I understand, but disagree with in this case.

If you are on the side of "stopping the erosion of civil liberties," then I'm going to assume when a terrorist attack occurs in a mall, stadium, or other public place, you will not sue a corporation, etc, when the postmortem takes place because they didn't take appropriate measures.  Look at what happened after Sept 11 and the Victim's Fund.  That was set up purely to stop the airlines, Port Authority, etc from being sued.

To tie this back to the Bills, I remember getting patted down for years at Rich Stadium, but it was to stop bottles and cans from being brought in...no one seem to give a care back then.  Not sure why this is different than it being an NFL mandate.

734454[/snapback]

734454[/snapback]

uote]

But the thing is, this seems to be more of a NFL protection-from-lawsuit rather than a plan for protection.

And if their thrust was protection - or prevention - they should cease alcohol sales. <_<