The Kamil Loud theorem-----skill vs timing

Just gonna throw this one out there for debate...

Have you ever wondered what might have happened if an "on the bubble" player actually made the cut?

Oftentimes it is one marginal guy vs another...........and then the guy who made it is cut the next year.

Take Kamil Loud for example......Good size, speed, hands..........but never really cracked the roster. If there had been an injury or 3 to the starters, could he have shown something?

This year's Kamil is Fast Freddie.................will he make it, or will he just be another might have been? Discuss.

My best,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

Have you ever wondered what might have happened if an "on the bubble" player actually made the cut? 

Oftentimes it is one marginal guy vs another...........and then the guy who made it is cut the next year.

Take Kamil Loud for example......Good size, speed, hands..........but never really cracked the roster.  If there had been an injury or 3 to the starters, could he have shown something?

This year's Kamil is Fast Freddie.................will he make it, or will he just be another might have been?  Discuss.

My best,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

731541[/snapback]

Fast Freddie shows flashes when he's in the game. He scored a TD on a reception last year (with great effort after the catch) and the year prior he returned a punt for a TD. I don't recall him being involved in too many other games. I've wanted to see him get more of a shot for the last 2 seasons but it doesn't seem to happen.

This year looks even tougher for him with the WR corps the way that it is. Aiken probably won't be cut just for his special teams play. You can bet that PP and JR will be on the roster (new contracts) along with Andre Davis, Lee Evans, Roscoe Parrish and even possibly Martin Nance

Maybe there is something about Freddy that we aren't seeing, does he have personality issues, does he not get along with coaches? It just seems odd that during last year he played well when he was in the game but was always getting bounced from the practice squad to the regular roster.

I'd love to see him make it but my gut sais he's gone this season, maybe he can find his niche with another team, sucks though.

I don't think Davis has a prayer of making the team. Evans, Price, Reed, & Parrish are locks. The battle is for 5th and possibly 6th receiver. Why keep a veteran with a 1 year contract over someone younger with potential who you're locked into if he pans out for at least 3-4 seasons? The odds are against Smith, but they're a lot better than for Davis.

Take Kamil Loud for example......Good size, speed, hands..........but never really cracked the roster.  If there had been an injury or 3 to the starters, could he have shown something?

This year's Kamil is Fast Freddie.................will he make it, or will he just be another might have been?  Discuss.

My best,

Eric C

ChicagoRic

731541[/snapback]

Loud made it cause of the odes! :w00t: