2006 College Football TV Schedule

Tux of Borg

On the first weekend, these look like the best matchups:

Vanderbilt at Michigan- see what the Blue has got, and who's replacing Cutler at Vandy. UM fans would like to see Mike Hart get through this game without spraining his ankle.

Northern Illinois at Ohio State- Buckeyes will win, but NIU is picked to win the MAC title game this year.

Marshall at WVU- In-state rivalry. WVU will factor in the BCS and have a sniff at the national title, but not if they slip up in this game.

Cal at Tennesee- Two underachieving teams last year look to get off on the right foot. Have both figured out their QB situation yet?

Notre Dame at Georgia Tech- Can the Irish offense start rolling right off the bat? The Quinn Heisman watch begins.

USC at Arkansas- Plenty of unknowns for the Trojans. USC's problem this year could be the beatings they've handed out the past three seasons. Other teams don't forget, and try to take advantage when you're vulnerable. Last year- 70-17 USC.

Kentucky at Louisville- Always a biggie in NCAA hoops. Louisville will look to score a win for the criticized Big East over the SEC.

And the doozy on Labor Day:

Florida State at Miami- Actually a pretty ugly game last year, I think it was like 10-6 or something. I remember more the ineptness of the offenses rather than the brilliance of the defenses. Still, this game always puts 22 of the most athletic players in the country on the field at the same time.

One month to go......

Florida State at Miami- Actually a pretty ugly game last year, I think it was like 10-6 or something.  I remember more the ineptness of the offenses rather than the brilliance of the defenses.  Still, this game always puts 22 of the most athletic players in the country on the field at the same time.

732644[/snapback]

Whoops.

Make that 18 of the most athletic players

Miami is already in mid-season form. Aren't you supposed to wait until the week before your Bowl game to break team rules?

On the first weekend, these look like the best matchups:

Vanderbilt at Michigan- see what the Blue has got, and who's replacing Cutler at Vandy.  UM fans would like to see Mike Hart get through this game without spraining his ankle.

Northern Illinois at Ohio State- Buckeyes will win, but NIU is picked  to win the MAC title game this year.

Marshall at WVU- In-state rivalry.  WVU will factor in the BCS and have a sniff at the national title, but not if they slip up in this game.

Cal at Tennesee- Two underachieving teams last year look to get off on the right foot.  Have both figured out their QB situation yet?

Notre Dame at Georgia Tech- Can the Irish offense start rolling right off the bat?  The Quinn Heisman watch begins.

USC at Arkansas- Plenty of unknowns for the Trojans.  USC's problem this year could be the beatings they've handed out the past three seasons.  Other teams don't forget, and try to take advantage when you're vulnerable.  Last year- 70-17 USC.

Kentucky at Louisville- Always a biggie in NCAA hoops.  Louisville will look to score a win for the criticized Big East over the SEC.

Florida State at Miami- Actually a pretty ugly game last year, I think it was like 10-6 or something.  I remember more the ineptness of the offenses rather than the brilliance of the defenses.  Still, this game always puts 22 of the most athletic players in the country on the field at the same time.

One month to go......

732644[/snapback]

Calvin Johnson could torch the Irish, as he's the best WR in the nation. Unfortunately, his QB play is average @ best.

• 5 weeks later...
Nice!  Rich's first shot at ND this season!  I'm ready for college ball now.

734193[/snapback]

How much of a "shot" was that? I didn't talk trash about "that school"; I simply said CJ is as good as it gets in terms of college wideouts. After seeing what he did for a half against "that school", how wrong do you feel I was? If Reggie Ball doesn't screw up, they have a shot @ an upset. Personally, I don't see it happening. I think that late TD will really change this game.

:w00t:

It really does signal the start of the college season!

(and he was right!)

760674[/snapback]

There wasn't any 'shot'. Most people who know me know I cannot stand "that school", but they also know that I can give credit where it is due. They played a pretty sorry game last night, but they came up w/ the win, and in a gutsy fashion, no less. Still, there's work needed to be done before a national title comes to town.

Of course, I am hoping my team can do next week what the Ramblin' Wreck could not. It's too bad this game couldn't have been last year.

There wasn't any 'shot'.  Most people who know me know I cannot stand "that school", but they also know that I can give credit where it is due.  They played a pretty sorry game last night, but they came up w/ the win, and in a gutsy fashion, no less.  Still, there's work needed to be done before a national title comes to town. 

Of course, I am hoping my team can do next week what the Ramblin' Wreck could not.  It's too bad this game couldn't have been last year.

760974[/snapback]

The media hacks are spinning it as "It was a great job by their defense and showed how they have great guts" to keep them from dropping in the polls.

*sigh*

Big man, you know I was just having some fun right?  The original meaning of my comment was that I thought it was funny how when replying to a post about 8 big opening games, your only reply was a jab at ND....

Lookin forward to Saturday.... :w00t:

761563[/snapback]

I gotta have my fun, don't I?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.