Best Bills from the past 15 years

If you had a choice of putting a roster together of Bills players in their "Bills" prime from the last 15 years what would your roster look like...

Mine would go like this (I am going off memory here so be kind, I may have left someone out)

QB Jim Kelly

HB Thurman Thomas, McGahee would back him up.

FB Sam Gash

WR Andre Reed

WR Eric Moulds

WR Lee Evans

TE Keith McKellar (slim pickings, I know there was Pete but he was more of a third tackle who got the tough catch and fell down)

OT Will Wolford

OG Ruben Brown

C Kent Hull

OG Jim Richter

OT Howard Ballard

DE Bruce Smith

DT Ted Washinton

DT Pat Williams

DE Aaron Schobel

OLB Cornelius Bennett

ILB London Fletcher

ILB Sam Cowart

OLB Takeo Spikes (would also work in Bryce Paup on passing downs)

CB Antoine Winfield

CB Nate Odomes

SS Henry Jones- Soon to be Whitner :D

FS Troy Vincent (he has not really done enough to deserve this yet but I am confident he will in the next couple years. This was a hard one to pick. Kelso was up there but I nevver liked how he lined up 30 yards off the ball and "tackled gently" It will be something if Ko Simpson can change this drought.

K Steve Christie

P Brian Moorman

KR Terrance McGee

If you had a choice of putting a roster together of Bills players in their "Bills" prime from the last 15 years what would your roster look like...

Mine would go like this (I am going off memory here so be kind, I may have left someone out)

QB Jim Kelly

FB Sam Gash

WR Andre Reed

WR Eric Moulds

WR Lee Evans

TE  Keith McKellar (slim pickings, I know there was Pete but he was more of a third tackle who got the tough catch and fell down)

OT Will Wolford

OG Ruben Brown

C   Kent Hull

OG Jim Richter

OT Howard Ballard

DE Bruce Smith

DT Ted Washinton

DT Pat Williams

DE Aaron Schobel

OLB Cornelius Bennett

ILB  London Fletcher

ILB  Sam Cowart

CB Antoine Winfield

CB Nate Odomes

SS Henry Jones- Soon to be Whitner  :D

FS  Troy Vincent (he has not really done enough to deserve this yet but I am confident he will in the next couple years. This was a hard one to pick. Kelso was up there but I nevver liked how he lined up 30 yards off the ball and "tackled gently" It will be something if Ko Simpson can change this drought.

K Steve Christie

P Brian Moorman

KR Terrance McGee

727390[/snapback]

FS should be Kelso. He was a good FS in his prime and played many seasons. Forget the Gazoo helmet. He was 100 times tougher than most people his size.

TE should be Pete Metzellars. Best blocker in the league and he had good recieving numbers. Unfortunately for McKeller, his career was cut short.

ST - Tasker has to be there.

DE - Phil Hansen deserves a mention.

ILB - What about the guy from Ohio State?

Easy to pick out the best players from the last 15 years.

What about the worst players?

Won't go position by position, but here are my nominees

QB Billy Joe Gunrack. I know alotta folks would automatically say another QB (whose name I shall not utter). But at least that other awful QB survived more than 1 game before getting cut

TE Frigggggin Lonnie

OT Mike Williams. 'nuff said

LB Eddie Robinson. Made Chad Pennington look like Ron Mexico

CB Chris Watson. Punt catcher extrordinaire. As a nickelback, well i'd be rich if i got a nickel back for every time he got burned

S Coy Wire :D

QB Jim Kelly

FB Sam Gash

WR Andre Reed

WR Eric Moulds

WR Lee Evans

TE  Keith McKellar (slim pickings, I know there was Pete but he was more of a third tackle who got the tough catch and fell down)

OT Will Wolford

OG Ruben Brown

C  Kent Hull

OG Jim Richter

OT Howard Ballard

DE Bruce Smith

DT Ted Washinton

DT Pat Williams

DE Aaron Schobel

OLB Cornelius Bennett

ILB  London Fletcher

ILB  Sam Cowart

CB Antoine Winfield

CB Nate Odomes

SS Henry Jones- Soon to be Whitner  :D

FS  Troy Vincent (he has not really done enough to deserve this yet but I am confident he will in the next couple years. This was a hard one to pick. Kelso was up there but I nevver liked how he lined up 30 yards off the ball and "tackled gently" It will be something if Ko Simpson can change this drought.

K Steve Christie

P Brian Moorman

KR Terrance McGee

727390[/snapback]

How could you leave off Tasker?????

The best player at his position in the history of the NFL let alone the last 15 years in Buffalo. *Harrumph*

Going on the kicking teams aces, Mark Pike should also be counted.

FB Larry Centers

WR Lofton over Evans(his 1991 pro-bowl year at this point is better than anything Evans has produced)

ILB Conlan over Cowart

FS Kelso

I would have liked to add a 3rd DE, OLB & CB.(should have 3 CBs to cover your 3 WRs)

Then you could have Hansen, Paup & Clements(who else is there?)

CB Chris Watson.  Punt catcher extrordinaire.  As a nickelback, well i'd be rich if i got a nickel back for every time he got burned

727406[/snapback]

Ah Toast. How I miss thee...

I was watching a game at a bar in 2002 I think and they showed Watson running in place...and losing his balance. I just slapped my forehead and told my friend next to me "Why do I get the feeling we'll be seeing a lot of the back of Toast's jersey in this game as he tries to catch up to his blown coverage?"

Easy to pick out the best players from the last 15 years.

What about the worst players?

Won't go position by position, but here are my nominees

QB Billy Joe Gunrack.  I know alotta folks would automatically say another QB (whose name I shall not utter).  But at least that other awful QB survived more than 1 game before getting cut

727406[/snapback]

I would have to put the @ssman RJ in there with Bledsoe as a backup.