Virgin Festival 9/23

Rico

Where are you from? The fiancee and I live in Jersey, so it's like a 3 hour ride (which isn't bad). In fact, we're spedning a weekend at the Inner Harbor the first weekend of August.

It's going to be a kickass show. I think The Killers are releasing a new album in the beginning of Sept., so that should add a lot.

724853[/snapback]

I live in NYC--Astoria, Queens. I have yet to e-mail the old lady to see if she would like to go, but I really see no reason why she wouldn't want to. Her brother lives in B'More and if I had to go out on a limb, I would say he would be extremely cordial in welcoming any visitors :P

I live in NYC--Astoria, Queens.  I have yet to e-mail the old lady to see if she would like to go, but I really see no reason why she wouldn't want to.  Her brother lives in B'More and if I had to go out on a limb, I would say he would be extremely cordial in welcoming any visitors  :P

724914[/snapback]

You should check out the Inner Harbor while you're there. Ever been?

I only partied once in B'More and that was for the Preakness two years ago, so to answer your question: No. 

How is it?

725070[/snapback]

It's an awesome place. Lots of cool bars, great food, and cruises around the water you can go on for a great price. If you want, PM me and I'll tell ya some great places/deals.

Southern rock with a bit of a taste of the Replacements, is the best way I can describe it.  They have three singers, one of whom is a little raspy, one of whom is pretty twangy, and the other is smoother (he's the best guitar player of the three, imo, though all are pretty damn good).

724858[/snapback]

That's a fair description of DBT. I have seen DBT live a few times and they aren't to be missed. If anyone does go to this, make sure you don't miss Wolfmother. I have been to hundreds of concerts and the show they put on in Chapel Hill last month is definitely in my top 10.