McGahee Interview On NFL Network....

sven233

What I mean is that there were opportunities for positive yards that weren't taken advantage of.

I blame part of that on the complexity of the scheme (which seems to be universally agreed upon by the players) and part of it on Willis' lack of execution.

Which is it?

725004[/snapback]

The hole....yeah, that's a good one.  :P

724974[/snapback]

Funny!

But, seriously, I know what he meant by the dancing comment......That did happen at times last year, but to be honest, I think the reason for this is that he was so used to there not being a hole, or there being defenders in his face in the backfield, that it became natural for him to have happy feet before he got to the line.

That is a big reason I wanted him to drop some weight this year, because he could make guys miss then and outrun some people to the corner.

You have to remember what type of back McGahee is supposed to be. He is not supposed to be the big and bulky power type of back. What made him so successful in college was his blazing speed and lightning quick cuts. I'm sorry, but he has not been that type of back in the NFL yet and I think that is what he needs to do to take it to the next level. So, regardless of whether you think the actual number in terms of lbs is important, we all know he was too big to be the type of back that made him successful. If he were to get back to his weight in college and gain back some of that explosiveness, it will make him a better back. You have to remember, the guy is still 6'1" and even at 225lbs, would still be a big back. But, it would give him that great package of speed, power and explosiveness he had in college. That would make him the differencemaker and gamebreaker that made him the best back in college football. That would help him become a gamebreaker on the NFL level and the back we all know he can be.

Get off the guy's back. He's done nothing but produced while in a uniform for the Bills. So he finished poorly last year....the entire team did. His coaches epitomized toomfoolery. His O Line S*CKED. They couldn't move the ball.

If he wants to live in So. Beach and drive around in a drop-top while scoping the scene, who cares....he's an early 20's millionaire from Univ of Miami...what the heck do you expect him to do....?

I understand being a pro athlete/millionaire in Buffalo, NY is like signing a Faustian deal with the Devil in exchange to have your life put under a microscope, but give me a break.

13 lbs on any of these skill positions is a TON of weight. If you had body fat % south of 10%, I'd love to see how easy it would be for you to lose 13 lbs.

Attitudes toward McGahee like these posts will drive him out of town. Even Bruce Smith didn't deal with this from the fans...and he was a coke-head, drunk-driving, wife-beater....but he fit into Marv's "character, integrity" scheme back then, didnt he?

I am the first to admit, I cheer for these guys as if I were on the team; I don't praise these guys for their actions off the field, nor do I want my un-borns to look up to them as role models some day, but Charles Barkley's comments 10-15 yrs ago don't seem so crazy now, do they....just put the blinders on...ignorance is bliss, believe me, and its more fun that way! LOL.

Their entertainers, and take them, and their job for what its worth, and what it is. Buy the $40 tickets and cheer on the guys that put on the Bills' uniforms...its that easy. When our youngsters need role models, be one yourself, or take them to Church, or have them look up to their teachers....

Go Bills, and lay off McGahee. We need a big one from him this year, and he knows it.

Get off the guy's back. He's done nothing but produced while in a uniform for the Bills. So he finished poorly last year....the entire team did. His coaches epitomized toomfoolery. His O Line S*CKED. They couldn't move the ball.

If he wants to live in So. Beach and drive around in a drop-top while scoping the scene, who cares....he's an early 20's millionaire from Univ of Miami...what the heck do you expect him to do....?

I understand being a pro athlete/millionaire in Buffalo, NY is like signing a Faustian deal with the Devil in exchange to have your life put under a microscope, but give me a break.

13 lbs on any of these skill positions is a TON of weight. If you had body fat % south of 10%, I'd love to see how easy it would be for you to lose 13 lbs.

Attitudes toward McGahee like these posts will drive him out of town. Even Bruce Smith didn't deal with this from the fans...and he was a coke-head, drunk-driving, wife-beater....but he fit into Marv's "character, integrity" scheme back then, didnt he?

I am the first to admit, I cheer for these guys as if I were on the team; I don't praise these guys for their actions off the field, nor do I want my un-borns to look up to them as role models some day, but Charles Barkley's comments 10-15 yrs ago don't seem so crazy now, do they....just put the blinders on...ignorance is bliss, believe me, and its more fun that way! LOL.

Their entertainers, and take them, and their job for what its worth, and what it is. Buy the $40 tickets and cheer on the guys that put on the Bills' uniforms...its that easy. When our youngsters need role models, be one yourself, or take them to Church, or have them look up to their teachers....

Go Bills, and lay off McGahee. We need a big one from him this year, and he knows it.

725201[/snapback]

I really don't think it is too much to want McGahee to be as good as he can be. Nobody is ragging on him for what he has done. He has been solid despite all of the crap around him. But, that doesn't mean he couldn't be better. That doesn't mean he, being a good player, couldn't become a great player or a superstar!

I am sure he may be the first to admit he can be better. And, all this topic is about is how he may become better. Unfortunately, McGahee doesn't have any control over who is on our O-Line. If he did, I am sure we would have stars at every position to make his job easier. But, he does have control over himself and is able to put himself in the best position for him to succeed. And, if tha means him losing a little weight (which he himself WANTS to do.....remember, this thread was started because of what HE said in an interview......HE WAS THE ONE WHO SAID HE WANTED TO LOSE THE WEIGHT.....not us). We who have posted in this thread are just agreeing with him for the most part because we believe too that if he does come in lighter this year, that will make him a better player. We are just agreeing with what he said in the interview......we didn't just start this topic to ride

cGahee into the ground. We, LIKE HIMSELF, just want him to be the player we know he can be...........A SUPERSTAR!

Get your body fat down to his percentage, and then lose 13 lbs...then you can tell us all how easy you think it is.

This guy is going to have 100's of carries over the course of a 16 week schedule. That's a lot of hits from 240LB LB's, and 300LB D lineman.

Its the same paradox Clinton Portis goes through every year. Which way you want him to go?

Last year, everyone was calling for him to bulk up. This year, slim down.

In my mind, it all comes back to Mularkey hiring his buddy, and firing Rusty Jones. The guy is the best in the business. It was one of the worst moves the Bills have ever made. I see it first hand everyday, because I live in Chicago, and the sports talk radio shows sit and praise Rusty Jones until the cows come home (which they should, b/c the Bears had the least number of injuries that they've had in years last year). Coincidence that is was Rusty's 1st year on staff...? I think not.

I have been a big supporter of McGahee since he was drafted, but to be honest, he hasn't lived up to my expectations.  This may be a make-or-break year for him and I want to see more from him. 

Now, I actually believe that he hasn't been given the chance to be the RB that he can be.  He has been limited by a terrible O-Line and inept coaching staffs.  If he is used right this year (giving him the ball until he can't stand anymore, not taking him out of the game on 3rd downs, and actually throwing him the ball), I expect a huge year from him.  I really expect 1500+ from him this year and, if he is used right, 2000+ total yards.

I just hope this coaching staff realizes that they have potentially a gamebraker here and just use him properly.  A great runnng game will make any QB look better.  We will get a lot better, much faster, if McGahee is THE GUY in this offense!

724539[/snapback]

Did he live up to anyone's expectations?

Does he have something other than a terrible O-Line this year?

Who says that the coaching staff won't once again be inept? How much experience do all the primary coaches have in their roles?

What experience does Jauron have with offense and what is there in the history of either Fairchild or Jauron that might suggest that they have a history for running their backs until they "can't stand anymore?"

In my mind, it all comes back to Mularkey hiring his buddy, and firing Rusty Jones. The guy is the best in the business. It was one of the worst moves the Bills have ever made. I  see it first hand everyday, because I live in Chicago, and the sports talk radio shows sit and praise Rusty Jones until the cows come home (which they should, b/c the Bears had the least number of injuries that they've had in years last year). Coincidence that is was Rusty's 1st year on staff...? I think not.

725846[/snapback]

You have no idea how much that single move by Meathead pisses me off. Even more than the way he jerked around with JP. :lol: