Car Won't Shift Out Of PARK

TSNBDSC

Happened to my Accord....I'm also on my second transmission and chances are I'm going to have to replace the master cylinder in the near future.

Ed, I work with Japanese manufacturers...chances are your Fit was built in the U.S. Check your VIN number, part of it will indicate the manufacturing location. That means your car was probably assembled somewhere in the SE by people no more qualified than those building cars up in Detroit. They probably just don't get paid as much.

725315[/snapback]

Kev,

Assembled in the US are certain Civics and Pilots, certain Accords, the Odessey, and the Element.

Ridgeline is assembled in Canada, as are some Pilots.

CRV, S2000, Fit, and Insight are manufactured in Japan.

Some Honda motorcycles are also built in the US

725394[/snapback]

Yep, and for a long time. Started with the naked Gold Wing 4 cyl, - believe they are all 6 cyl now. A very nice, albeit not very manuveravble motorcycle.

The Gold Wing series is certainly one of the best ever manufactured! Set a standard...

Happened to my Accord....I'm also on my second transmission and chances are I'm going to have to replace the master cylinder in the near future.

Ed, I work with Japanese manufacturers...chances are your Fit was built in the U.S. Check your VIN number, part of it will indicate the manufacturing location. That means your car was probably assembled somewhere in the SE by people no more qualified than those building cars up in Detroit. They probably just don't get paid as much.

725315[/snapback]

Starts with a J, and on my sticker, it says 100% Japan.

Starts with a J, and on my sticker, it says 100% Japan.

725747[/snapback]

As others have confirmed, the Fit is indeed all Japan. I stand corrected. I'll have to check to see if this is a satndard Japanese procedure. Roll-out a new vehicle based out of Japan and gradually move manufacturing over to this side of the pond.

As others have confirmed, the Fit is indeed all Japan. I stand corrected. I'll have to check to see if this is a satndard Japanese procedure. Roll-out a new vehicle based out of Japan and gradually move manufacturing over to this side of the pond.

725763[/snapback]

That's my understanding. Honda wanted to see how Fit's would do in the US (they are selling out even before they reach America; in fact, dealerships across the country are jacking up the price). I could give a crap if the "guys" on this board call my car gay, but it is one of the coolest cars I have driven. When inside, it doesn't "feel" like a $16k dollar car.

That's my understanding. Honda wanted to see how Fit's would do in the US (they are selling out even before they reach America; in fact, dealerships across the country are jacking up the price). I could give a crap if the "guys" on this board call my car gay, but it is one of the coolest cars I have driven. When inside, it doesn't "feel" like a $16k dollar car.

725764[/snapback]

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was about ED's new car!! :)

Mike

725763[/snapback]

In other news, San Francisco announced a new Honda factory will open in 2007.

725763[/snapback]

It's a common practice in the industry. The late Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique started as the Mondeo, in Europe.

The redesigned Chevy Malibu is the same construction as the GM subsidiary product, Saab's 9-3, which preceded Malibu by two years.

The Ford Five Hundred/Mercury Montego full size car is based on their subsidiary, Volvo's, XC-90 SUV.

For tooling reasons, construction efficiencies and parts inventories, it's not unusual for, say, a two-door model to be constructed at one location and a 4-door of the same model at another.

And old tooling never dies. Not too many years ago, the VW-Chrysler partnership named AutoLatina manufactured 1967 full-size Dodge Polaras in Brazil, and for many years, the Ford Maverick was made by Ford of Australia and marketed under the venerable name, Falcon.